Flash Hubbo - Great friendly community

Spirit100

Jul 24, 2012
You must be registered for see images attach

Hi All,

Today I want to let everyone know Hubbo Hotel is there. We have been open since April and been upgrading our site/server since day one. All our users and staff are friendly and welcoming. We are hosting a lot of events whether that is in a room or creating your own room for room of the week (ROTW). We also do badge of the week (BOTW) which you automatically get when entering the home room.

We are currently working on a system for when you vote you receive diamonds to use in our unique diamond shop to buy rares etc.

We are looking to start hiring when we have more than 20+ users a day so please pop on to see what we're all about :)

Few images of our site and client.

Thanks for looking at my advertisement and hope to see some of you soon :)

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
This hotel has a disrespectful staff team not going to lie, however I wish you the best. I knew something looked familiar with your UI though, I had seen it before. I mean, didn't even bother changing the hotel view icon of the hotel you took it from.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
This hotel has a disrespectful staff team not going to lie, however I wish you the best. I knew something looked familiar with your UI though, I had seen it before. I mean, didn't even bother changing the hotel view icon of the hotel you took it from.
mines different now but i wouldn't of minded to be asked LMAO

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012

I'm sorry you think our staff team are disrespectful, this is really disappointing because we really do try our best to make everyone welcome.

In response to people moaning about the SWF, I don't actually know where it came from but even if it is yours all you did was change a few icons...

Nonetheless, thanks for reading our thread, and, if you would like to join, I look forward to seeing you all online soon :)

Last edited:

Linkestt

Truth is treason in the empire of lies
Nov 8, 2013
I mean, if we're going to get really smart the SWF belongs to Sulake. I wish you the best with your endeavours regardless.
What's so hard on being unique and original? You new-comers take old hotel names (and re-open them), other hotels swf directory files, and even take the same approach as hotels (past or present). facepalm.jpg

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
I mean, if we're going to get really smart the SWF belongs to Sulake. I wish you the best with your endeavours regardless.
I mean no duh, all of this belongs to Sulake, however, there's things called ideas. Just because images are from Sulake, does not mean people cannot create their own ideas. You took an idea that another hotel had and pretty much stole their concept. People who take things or ideas from other hotels always like to get smart and technical and say it belongs to Sulake to justify what they've stolen, which is what you are trying to do. You can simply take responsibility and say, yes you took it because you thought it was nice and it's no big deal. I used the header that @Kng and @Danbo worked on for their hotel, I didn't ask for permission though, so when Kng brought it up, I respectfully took responsibility and took it down, since I knew I took it from their hotel and what did he do? He responded respectfully back, that's called settling an issue, rather than saying you don't know where it came from or it doesn't belong to their hotel. I mean, you're the dev are you not? That's what it appears on the hotel at least.

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
shut up you clown😂

I'll treat that comment with the contempt it deserves.

What's so hard on being unique and original? You new-comers take old hotel names (and re-open them), other hotels swf directory files, and even take the same approach as hotels (past or present). facepalm.jpg

I'm not a new-comer for a start. In any case, there's only so many variations of the word 'Habbo' you can have so I think its quite a stretch to say we are taking anyone's hotel name. If we'd opened as 'Fresh Hotel' or 'Zap Hotel' then I'd be more inclined to agree.

What you refer to as the same/similar approach as other hotels is what happens in any competitive 'market' so to speak. You adopt things that you see your competitors doing well and look for ways to improve them alongside incorporating your own unique aspects to gain a competitive advantage.

I mean no duh, all of this belongs to Sulake, however, there's things called ideas. Just because images are from Sulake, does not mean people cannot create their own ideas. You took an idea that another hotel had and pretty much stole their concept. People who take things or ideas from other hotels always like to get smart and technical and say it belongs to Sulake to justify what they've stolen, which is what you are trying to do. You can simply take responsibility and say, yes you took it because you thought it was nice and it's no big deal. I used the header that @Kng and @Danbo worked on for their hotel, I didn't ask for permission though, so when Kng brought it up, I respectfully took responsibility and took it down, since I knew I took it from their hotel and what did he do? He responded respectfully back, that's called settling an issue, rather than saying you don't know where it came from or it doesn't belong to their hotel. I mean, you're the dev are you not? That's what it appears on the hotel at least.

Yes, I am the 'Dev' so to speak (only recently though). I don't have anything to do with that SWF though - it was there when I joined (hence my being unclear on its origins). The hotel has had changes in management/ownership recently and we are in the process refining things and we've got some good ideas for the future.

Our community is really growing and we think we've got the balance about right between developing the more technical aspects of the hotel and actually being active within our own community. We're constantly improving the hotel but I live a life outside of the hotel too and these things take time, therefore, I would urge you to return to the hotel at some point in the future to see what we've been up to.

Whilst I am by no means a Developer/Programmer by trade (especially compared to some of the very talented people we have in this community) I've learnt a lot from this over the years and I look forward to being able to apply more ideas to the hotel. I know how to edit an SWF and I'm sure this is something that will happen at some point in time it's just not really been a going concern up to now.

@everyone

All in all, people have to realise that these things don't happen overnight so I will be taking many of your comments with a pinch of salt. I do welcome constructive feedback, however.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Personally don’t care if somebody stole a header or an image I constructed on a retro. Habbo is dead, pretty sure people stole pretty much every idea from the leading hotels at some point, whether it was images, designs, articles, furniture.

Yeah, it might be annoying but it’s a Habbo retro at the end of the day, not sure why people get themselves so worked up over it.

Linkestt

Truth is treason in the empire of lies
Nov 8, 2013
I'm not a new-comer for a start. In any case, there's only so many variations of the word 'Habbo' you can have so I think its quite a stretch to say we are taking anyone's hotel name. If we'd opened as 'Fresh Hotel' or 'Zap Hotel' then I'd be more inclined to agree.

What you refer to as the same/similar approach as other hotels is what happens in any competitive 'market' so to speak. You adopt things that you see your competitors doing well and look for ways to improve them alongside incorporating your own unique aspects to gain a competitive advantage.

No need to get so deep buddy lmfao, we get it. I'm all for future development though bro... I'm routing for you.

Parsov

May 18, 2016

You theif!:eek: Bahaah just kidding.
I'm sorry you think our staff team are disrespectful, this is really disappointing because we really do try our best to make everyone welcome.

In response to people moaning about the SWF, I don't actually know where it came from but even if it is yours all you did was change a few icons...

Nonetheless, thanks for reading our thread, and, if you would like to join, I look forward to seeing you all online soon :)

No one is moaning they're just telling you how shit it looks when you can't be asked to simply prepare your hotel before actually releasing it to the public. This just looks like a rushed out hotel using all the released standard content put together, Rather than go at people here take it as advice and work on what people have pointed out.

I don't see anything creative on this hotel if you want people from here to join you have to at least TRY to be different.

All these new hotels just remind me of the hairstyles in North Korea. They look all the same!

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
No need to get so deep buddy lmfao, we get it. I'm all for future development though bro... I'm routing for you.

Alright.

You theif!:eek: Bahaah just kidding.

No one is moaning they're just telling you how shit it looks when you can't be asked to simply prepare your hotel before actually releasing it to the public. This just looks like a rushed out hotel using all the released standard content put together, Rather than go at people here take it as advice and work on what people have pointed out.

I don't see anything creative on this hotel if you want people from here to join you have to at least TRY to be different.

All these new hotels just remind me of the hairstyles in North Korea. They look all the same!

If you were able to look beyond just the SWF I think you would see a lot of things that distinguish us from other hotels...

I mean, you're not welcome anyway if you're just going to be critical without being constructive.

Spirit100

Jul 24, 2012
Why all this argu and critical talking. Use the hotel or dont

Couldn't of said it better myself. All I was doing is trying to put us out there. I have been doing retros since 2011 I know they're dying but I thought why not come back I have been out of it for 2-3 years maybe longer.

I appreciate your comments towards Hubbo if you don't like it or won't join then don't comment please.

Now let's all stick together in a dying community and bring retros how they used to be and be some what friendly as I remember :)

KimStar

Habbo Guardian
Feb 18, 2012
Couldn't of said it better myself. All I was doing is trying to put us out there. I have been doing retros since 2011 I know they're dying but I thought why not come back I have been out of it for 2-3 years maybe longer.

I appreciate your comments towards Hubbo if you don't like it or won't join then don't comment please.

Now let's all stick together in a dying community and bring retros how they used to be and be some what friendly as I remember :)

I like it no matter what.

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
Why all this argu and critical talking. Use the hotel or dont

I like it no matter what.

This thread is made for people to voice their opinions on the hotel. That is what everyone is doing, if you can't accept criticism, then you shouldn't be making a thread on this forum, or even making a retro in general. If it's just use the hotel or don't, threads on this category should be locked and allow no comments, but it's not that way for a reason, because people have opinions. You shouldn't accept the nice comments and supportive comments but then not want to accept criticism because someone says they don't like something or you did something wrong, but that's what the original poster seems to expect, all nice comments.

Users who are viewing this thread