HTML5 JS WEBSOCKETS: "LOVC habbo clone"

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
LOVC
XtOWfe8.png
LOVC is a habbo look alike, it utilizes websockets and socket.io to create a real-time html5 animated isometric canvas. It was coded by a ukrianian programmer, he has a repo if you wanna visit it. I thought this was really cool, and wanted to share it because you can easily do something cool with this if you have to skills for it, the source is clean as hell.

Now, since there's no english release, i'll just pass ya the raw source and you can take a peep at it, i'll help you install it here. I think the server itself opens a port directly on localhost, 7172 if i remember, So you may or may not need apache or a server. my apache is off and its still working so :confused:.

Download lovc from my mediafire: or
Download from Mieczyslaw's repo:

Once you finish downloading it, unzip it and go into the lovcfolder>>bin>>Debug.
cGFldXo.png

If you wanna edit the source, and recompile, go to the root folder (lovc-master) and open the c# source project :up:
rGyhTm6.png

You might think it's broken, but it's not. the console don't have a welcome message, it only pastes data when someone does something :p
IW168mp.png

the get to the client, navigate to 127.0.0.1 if that don't work, user 127.0.0.1:7172 . It's weird because in order to edit the client files, it's got a htdocs in the servers folder
Zq0mWa0.png

once you navigate to that page, you should see this (if not, you might need to update your browser bcs old html):
Cm4Xnmd.png

So, an obvious fact is that it has lack of features, if you seriously wanna make a hotel, you should use jabbo. But this is ment to be something cool that you can tinker with. Infact, the source is EASY to mess with, you could make somethnig amazing whith this, look:

Enjoy! all credits to that dude who coded this, it's wicked.

Users who are viewing this thread