How's quarantine impacted you?

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Honestly, I already work from home so it hasn't done much for me. Other than college classes moving online as well. Food's also always empty at the grocery stores. So its less like "I want to make this for dinner" and more like "Lets see what the store has and try to make meals from this".

What kind of things have you experienced?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Not much has changed for me, as someone who works from home anyways. Not being able to the gym is unfortunate. I've also started cooking all my own food (instead of going out), and have lost some weight, so that's good. :) Biggest difference is figuring out when I should go to the grocery store, and trying to limit the amount of people I come into contact with.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Not much has changed for me, as someone who works from home anyways. Not being able to the gym is unfortunate. I've also started cooking all my own food (instead of going out), and have lost some weight, so that's good. :) Biggest difference is figuring out when I should go to the grocery store, and trying to limit the amount of people I come into contact with.
Yeah my apartment closed their gym. So I haven't been able to use the treadmills. But yeah, us work-from-homer's haven't seen much differences in quality of life details.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
What a mood, gyms are open here but no one really goes, as they feel its a risk, but yeah I've been put on a work from home assignment even though my work is hands on, so it's just like having a vacation with pay on the bright side!.. Just sticking my normal eating routine and brief morning exercise before I start gaining instead of losing weight. Hope this blows over just came back from USA not long ago, so it's a nice time to self quarantine. PepeHands

Edit:
I was the only person at Duty Free going into USA, as the employee told me I was the only person who has come in since 8pm, I went in around 12AM.. alongside the only person Friday night crossing LOL!

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Since I work in a bar we’ve been completely closed off from the 21st, I try not to visit older family and recommend they try to do the same. People aren’t really listening and the rates in the UK are increasing by the hour, our government aren’t really closing businesses yet and people are ignoring the advice to distance yourselves away from others.

Since I have respiratory problems from birth I’ve been told to isolate for 12 weeks, not sure how that’s going to go down. When restaurants closed they all started offering takeaways services, businesses just trying to bend the restrictions to suit them which is extremely ignorant.

I hope our PM puts more strict restrictions :(

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
Can't go to the gym. All my classes were switched to online. It doesn't really affect much, considering I did most of my work on a computer anyways then just printed it out for English or wrote a lab program over Visual Studio and turned that in remotely for COMSC classes, so not much has changed, also Math assignments are online homework anyways besides the worksheets during the lecture. All in all, major things are just being able to go out and do things, it's annoying. Not like I was ever always out doing things, I am actually more of an introvert and liked being at home, etc, but now it's like since we're being forced to be at home, I don't want to be at home, lol.

Higoka

Dec 16, 2018
here in switzerland its basically same as always. i still need to go to work like always. only the schools are closed the rest as usual. sucks

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
If it weren't for 's Law, I wouldn't have noticed any changes.
But even with that, apart from how I work, I really haven't had much changes.
I still do my daily shit, and ignore whatever the state tells me I have to do lol

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Update: Just went to the grocery store and had to wait in line for an hour to get into the store. Very little food inside. Only meat available was the 73% lean. Normally I only get 90%+. But still enough groceries to get through the week.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Update: Just went to the grocery store and had to wait in line for an hour to get into the store. Very little food inside. Only meat available was the 73% lean. Normally I only get 90%+. But still enough groceries to get through the week.

Wow, I got the last bottle of orange juice an hour ago, only shit here is pop and candy, and snacks, real food items are basically gone from most stores in Toronto...

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
90%+ lean beef?
Disgusting.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Well for all you basement nerds I doubt it’s affected you at all, for me? I can’t go get drunk as usual have to do in house but when run out I’m done!!

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I have to go back to work this week because I work in a restaurant and they're still doing takeaway. It's ridiculous but either I go in or I don't have a job, so I'm probably going to catch corona on those gross London tubes. On another note the supermarkets are all pretty damn full down here again, just have to wait approx. 20 minutes to get in these days. Some are only doing one adult per household at a time now as well, mental innit

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
I have to go back to work this week because I work in a restaurant and they're still doing takeaway. It's ridiculous but either I go in or I don't have a job, so I'm probably going to catch corona on those gross London tubes. On another note the supermarkets are all pretty damn full down here again, just have to wait approx. 20 minutes to get in these days. Some are only doing one adult per household at a time now as well, mental innit
amen, our goverment and boris don't give a shit about us LMAOOO and it shows

Mrmoseby

Jul 1, 2016
Currently at work, was at the mall the other day and it was full of people like always. Life goes on in my country.

Users who are viewing this thread