How to set up a retro in 2023 (IIS) (Nitro HTML5) - (Part 3)

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
i can't find my DB credentials anywhere thats my problem xD

You must be registered for see images attach

As I mentioned please read the README carefully. I don't mind helping people. But I spent hours not only making this tutorial but also hours writing a detailed README just to make anyone's life easier that is going to use Atom CMS 🥰🙏

Inside the .env

I hope this helps you out tho!

HGTK_D3VIL

Aug 29, 2022
I did everything but this is what happens when i try to log in, i am able to create an account and all that but im unable to join the habbo itself can anyone help?

Dorian64

Sep 5, 2022
The stream or file "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\atomcms\storage\logs/laravel.log" could not be opened in append mode: Failed to open stream: Permission denied The exception occurred while attempting to log: The stream or file

Attachments

• image_2022-09-05_215453975.png
    image_2022-09-05_215453975.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 10

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
The stream or file "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\atomcms\storage\logs/laravel.log" could not be opened in append mode: Failed to open stream: Permission denied The exception occurred while attempting to log: The stream or file
You have to give the folder full control permissions - its also stated in this series & in the readme if you visit the repository😄

Stugots

Sep 6, 2022

Can you kindly assist? I know there is some issue with the Config key/DB. Host, but not sure.
Post automatically merged:

I did everything but this is what happens when i try to log in, i am able to create an account and all that but im unable to join the habbo itself can anyone help?
Same with me here

Last edited:

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017

Can you kindly assist? I know there is some issue with the Config key/DB. Host, but not sure.

Same with me here
The nitro client URL is incorrect. theres no route named "hotel=beta" - how did u even get to that url unless you manually entered it. All u have to do is go to open .env link your nitros index.html and ofc edit your nitro configs then click the go to hotel button and it'll just work.

Jackeh

Jun 16, 2019
Hi there,

Edited:
I seem to have everything working as far as I can tell, followed 1:1 almost 100%.
I am unable to connect to the server/know how to use the client properly.

Can you assist?
See attached error.
Loading hotel sticks at 20% now.

Thanks!

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Jiumano

Aug 17, 2016
Good morning,

I have followed your tutorial 1:1 and have the problem attached at the end. Could be something related to the ws sockets?
The emulator is listening on the follow:

But in your tutorial, with the fixed-nitro configs it points to:

I see a difference between the links wss://nitro.localhost:2096 (file) and ws://0.0.0.02096 (emulator). I tried changing the config file to point the same as the emulator and nothing happens. Could it be because I am not using Cloudflare?

Thanks in advance.

HeartRP

Nov 19, 2022
I tried doing this twice and ran into the same error. Please any direction of guidance would help.

Good morning,

I have followed your tutorial 1:1 and have the problem attached at the end. Could be something related to the ws sockets?

I see a difference between the links wss://nitro.localhost:2096 (file) and ws://0.0.0.02096 (emulator). I tried changing the config file to point the same as the emulator and nothing happens. Could it be because I am not using Cloudflare?

Thanks in advance.

Have you found a fix?

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Good morning,

Thanks in advance.

If you are not using cloudflare you will not have web socket support unless you have setup your own web socket proxy server.,

kwtje

Nov 23, 2022
Is this common? Or is there something to fix this? I have provided the correct swfs following the tutorial.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    65.5 KB · Views: 22

kwtje

Nov 23, 2022
Thanks for helping, I have another problem while using the client. Like a few replies above it says "Configuration Failed''. However, I'm not using cloudflare at the moment. How can i fix that?

Edit: Fixed it :)

Last edited:

Gallus

Dec 3, 2022
So, I've followed the tutorial 1:1, two times through now since I thought I messed up the first time.

I continue to get this error

Code:
javascript?v=1657506402:1173 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://MY-DOMAIN.com/game/nitro' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://MY-DOMAIN.com/api/online-count'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
window.fetch @ javascript?v=1657506402:1173
getOnlineUserCount @ nitro:73
(anonymous) @ nitro:85
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ nitro:84
javascript?v=1657506402:1173          Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to fetch
    at window.fetch (javascript?v=1657506402:1173:39)
    at getOnlineUserCount (nitro:73:13)
    at nitro:85:13

I am using a VPS, and have cloudflare set up 1:1 how it shows in your guide/images.

Unsure what is causing the issue.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
So, I've followed the tutorial 1:1, two times through now since I thought I messed up the first time.

Code:
javascript?v=1657506402:1173 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://MY-DOMAIN.com/game/nitro' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://MY-DOMAIN.com/api/online-count'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
setTimeout (async)
javascript?v=1657506402:1173          Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to fetch

I am using a VPS, and have cloudflare set up 1:1 how it shows in your guide/images.

I'd check your links and ensure they're all linked using HTTPS and not a mix between HTTP/HTTPS like the error message shows in the first line.

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017

Code:
setTimeout (async)

Set FORCE_HTTPS to true inside your .env file :)

I recommend u take a look at which is also mentioned in the repository readme. it holds all Sorts of information about atom which will only make your life easier 😄

Gallus

Dec 3, 2022
Set FORCE_HTTPS to true inside your .env file :)

I recommend u take a look at which is also mentioned in the repository readme. it holds all Sorts of information about atom which will only make your life easier 😄
That fixed the mixed issue.

Now, however I am getting this issue.

Code:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
renderer.0355b8fd.chunk.js:1 [Nitro] [y] Missing configuration key: system.dispatcher.log
log @ renderer.0355b8fd.chunk.js:1

I've looked through all of your tutorials, and saw all the posts for Configuration Failed.

I've deleted the @nitrots module, and installed directly from the git, as shown on Page 2 of this tutorial, however, once I've done that, I get a different error for the client.

Something along the lines of

Code:
There's an error in the API -> Inventory -> FurnitureItems.ts -> Line 126

if(this._hasRentPeriodStarted){
    time = (this._secondsToExpiration - ((GetNitroInstance().time - this._expirationTimeStamp) / 1000));

if(time < 0) time = 0;
}

It says the value "time" is not valid.

This error ONLY happens when I delete and install the node renderer from the git, rather than leaving what's pulled when using

yarn install

as instructed to in your tutorial.

I've fixed the links for the rendering config and ui configs to include "./" rather than just "/"

I'm usually not this lost when it comes to code related things but, I'm used to RuneScape private servers, which are extremely less complicated to set up lol.

EDIT: I've fixed the issue, I had to move the renderer-config.json and ui-config.json into the atomcms public folder

Now, I am just facing a connection error

Code:
WebSocket connection to 'wss://nitro.MY-DOMAIN.com:2096/' failed:

I'm going to mess about with this a little more, and will update this post if I've happened to find a fix.

UPDATE: I've fixed the WebSocket connection failed issue.

When changing the websocket.whitelist the emulator MUST BE TURNED OFF, or else it will not update properly in the database emulator_settings table.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread