How to set up a retro in 2023 (IIS) (Nitro HTML5) - (Part 3)

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Can you help us to add furniture to our hotel after new year?
Once I got time I might make a guide however I believe there are already tons of tutorials out there tho 😊 I won't be adding furniture specifically for u tho. You must do your own research also in order to learn and improve your own skills most release already comes with most of the necessary files u need to add etc.

Last edited:

Jamescool12

Jan 17, 2014
Did you actually read the 3 posts about how to fix the issue? its in the main post and theres 2 comments a little up, on how to fix it
i read them but i cant seem to find the fix
Post automatically merged:

i read them but i cant seem to find the fix
Did you actually read the 3 posts about how to fix the issue? its in the main post and theres 2 comments a little up, on how to fix it
I got the files from the location specified in the post, but I'm not sure where to replace them.

Last edited:

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
The nitro team has once again updated the repository! making the configuration part of the nitro client a halfway obsolete in this series - I will make sure to update the obsolete parts of the series once i am home after new years.

The new updates and what to configure can be seen below.

And here's a link for the v1.1.2 release:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211226-110043_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20211226-110043_Discord.jpg
    733.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

billyrxbbins

Dec 26, 2021
Some users has been getting "configuration failed" due to a more recent update of the nitro client, if youre one of those users, please read below:

As I havent been home nor will be, before the new year, I won't be able to test the possibility to just install therenderer from the main through npm to avoid more hassle than neccessary / do more research at the moment.

However @xWonder found a solution that works for him and explained how he managed to work around the issue - so if youre having issues with "configuration failed" upon trynna enter the hotel client try what is described in the img below.
this doesnt mean anything to me since i kinda just followed your tutorial and all this stuff is new, any chance you could write some sort of short tutorial on how to do this? since i've already completed the tutorial and now getting the nitro config error on the client

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
this doesnt mean anything to me since i kinda just followed your tutorial and all this stuff is new, any chance you could write some sort of short tutorial on how to do this? since i've already completed the tutorial and now getting the nitro config error on the client
not sure what u mean, the image provided already explains what to do, also in not home before new years, and once im back home i would try to ind a better way to solve the issue instead of having to delete the folder just to re add it

billyrxbbins

Dec 26, 2021
not sure what u mean, the image provided already explains what to do, also in not home before new years, and once im back home i would try to ind a better way to solve the issue instead of having to delete the folder just to re add it
i think im better off waiting till a proper tutorial is made, im not entirely sure what Yarn is and all this other stuff, honestly struggling like hell with nitro

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
I am finally back home, and I've taken the time this morning, to look into the most recent changes and new structure, meaning I will be updating the series accordingly throughout the day - I'll comment once the series has been updated :)

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
SERIES UPDATED!

The series has now been updated to use the most recent version of nitro (v1.2), which contains the new setup structure - This also fixes the issues some of you have had like configuration failed etc.

Let me know if I missed something or if you encounter any issues!

i can only access with localhost in URL, not with my domain. anything i missed here? :p @Object
Most likely :D - could be your cloudflare or IIS that has been setup incorrectly - try double checking that its 1:1 with the previous parts also.

Also if u already done part 3 I'd recommend you to go over it again as I just now updated this part with the newest nitro structure & updates

@Object could you please make a guide on how to make a roleplay server with nitro? Would be great! You are very good
I have never played RP's nor do I know any good or compatible RP packs for nitro, so this I won't do sorry :/

Last edited:

billyrxbbins

Dec 26, 2021
SERIES UPDATED!

The series has now been updated to use the most recent version of nitro (v1.2), which contains the new setup structure - This also fixes the issues some of you have had like configuration failed etc.

Let me know if I missed something or if you encounter any issues!

Most likely :D - could be your cloudflare or IIS that has been setup incorrectly - try double checking that its 1:1 with the previous parts also.

Also if u already done part 3 I'd recommend you to go over it again as I just now updated this part with the newest nitro structure & updates

I have never played RP's nor do I know any good or compatible RP packs for nitro, so this I won't do sorry :/
Also, having a bit of trouble with the .env file, when you rename it from '.env.example' to '.env' you get an error saying that its not possible.. I dont know if you're saying that we should change it to '.env.env' or '.env'

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Also, having a bit of trouble with the .env file, when you rename it from '.env.example' to '.env' you get an error saying that its not possible.. I dont know if you're saying that we should change it to '.env.env' or '.env'
It should be renamed to just .env - The error you're receiving is it just a warning saying "it might no longer work" or does it specific say "not possible" if its just the warning simply proceed

billyrxbbins

Dec 26, 2021
It should be renamed to just .env - The error you're receiving is it just a warning saying "it might no longer work" or does it specific say "not possible" if its just the warning simply proceed
Hey man, just got right through to the end; now its throwing up this:

Users who are viewing this thread