How to set up a retro in 2023 (IIS) (Nitro HTML5) - (Part 3)

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
You must be registered for see images attach
your config files are incorrect, so you're not using the ones i provided in the thread, or otherwise u didnt clone or convert the way I have explained throughout the series

Liam

discord.gg/hivehub
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Great tutorials! They will definitely help out a lot of people.

Thank you for sharing.

xWonder

Jan 12, 2014
One of the best Tutorials i ever read!
But same for me with the "Configuration failed" in the /hotel=beta-Client. I did the tutorial 2 times. Exactly 1:1 and it doesnt work. Idk whats wrong tbh, Checked all the configs tho. Cloudflare works fine no problems there.
Im not a pro at all so idk what exactly the Error from the Chrome Console means. Hope you can help! :)

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 87

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
reading through the nitro discord it seems like a few people have had issues within the past 2-3 days after some update. I'll try to find time to figure out if any config changes has been made and let u both know hopefully tomorrow 😄

@xWonder thank you so much, very appreciated!

Last edited:

xWonder

Jan 12, 2014
reading through the nitro discord it seems like a few people have had issues within the past 2-3 days after some update. I'll try to find time to figure out if any config changes has been made and let u both know 😄

Alright :D Thanks for your answer!

Trew24

Dec 6, 2021
reading through the nitro discord it seems like a few people have had issues within the past 2-3 days after some update. I'll try to find time to figure out if any config changes has been made and let u both know hopefully tomorrow 😄

Okey thanks :)

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Some users has been getting "configuration failed" due to a more recent update of the nitro client, if youre one of those users, please read below:

As I havent been home nor will be, before the new year, I won't be able to test the possibility to just install therenderer from the main through npm to avoid more hassle than neccessary / do more research at the moment.

However @xWonder found a solution that works for him and explained how he managed to work around the issue - so if youre having issues with "configuration failed" upon trynna enter the hotel client try what is described in the img below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211218-221712_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20211218-221712_Discord.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Liam

discord.gg/hivehub
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
can you please explain step by step how to make the client work because I did not understand how to do. Grateful if you can help me.
What do you mean "step by step"? OP has posted a guide in 3 parts... check the Tutorial section.

Yainnick

Dec 15, 2021
Kun je alsjeblieft een screenshot plaatsen van de hele klant inclusief je URL-balk.

Open ook je devtools door op f12 te drukken en ga naar "console" en laat me ook een screenshot hiervan zien - bedankt

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017

Hey as mentioned a few comments above and also in the main thread if you receive this error try what is explained in the attached screenshot - i wish i could update the thread with an easier way but I am not home at the moment, so I cant dig desperat into the issue, so for now you'll have to try what has been explained

Here's another screenshot i took directly from the nitro discord

It seems to be a general issue with Nitro atm, and has nothing to do with the tutorial

Last edited:

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
the client is just loading, and this is the error codes im getting
you're trying to load through a domain i suppose isnt your own domain - make sure to change those, possible in the config.php

Favorite

Dec 7, 2016
i put my domain there, but is the
you're trying to load through a domain i suppose isnt your own domain - make sure to change those, possible in the config.php
not sure what to edit in config.php, could you please upload the code explaining what to replace

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
i put my domain there, but is the

not sure what to edit in config.php, could you please upload the code explaining what to replace
I wont be home before new year, if u have followed the tutorial 1:1 there should be no issues.

but you can have search for the domain provided in your error logs and replace them with your own domain😄

Last edited:

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
Maybe everyone should just use the master branch of nitro intead of the dev, may reduce all these errors.

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Maybe everyone should just use the master branch of nitro intead of the dev, may reduce all these errors.
I expect them to use the master branch, as this is what I am using in the guide - which is the v1.1

Users who are viewing this thread