How to make a RP ( using obboRP emulator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDevon

Solo Dolo
Dec 27, 2010
This is a pretty simple process once you learn it.
~ ObboRP Emulator ~

Sutff you will need:
Xampp:
Visual C#:
WinRar:
ODBC connector:
XoaCMS:
ObboRP Db:
OboRP Emulator: Search "ObboRP's Server" in devbest

After downloading that stuff you will need to start "Apache" in xampp and start "MySql"in xampp.

Image:
1161.jpg

After doing that you will need to go to localhost/security setup a password etc.

After doing that you will need to go into Start >> My computer >> c: >> Xampp >> htdocs delete everything in it

Image:
ie_htdocs.gif

Copy everything from the XoaCMS file. Then drag it into the htdocs folder. Once done go to Localhost/phpmyadmin and create a new database with any kind of name. After doing so Import the ObboRP DB into it. Then go to localhost/install/install.php and install it.

Image:
2w5rdpl.jpg

After installing phpretro go into housekeeping and edit your ports put them to 30001 and 30000 or 2021 and 2121. Then for dcrs you put: External Texts:
Variables:
DCRS:
(I don't know if these work but if they don't you can find some by Google)

Setting up ObboRP Emulator
Download obboRP emulator then go to Bin >> Debug >> Bin then click on the MySql file, fill it in with your Db name, Password, and etc.
Then go back to debug and click it then you'll see Holograph Emulator.exe double click that and your good.

(remember to change before entering hotel)

Oh yea I forgot download MySql connector.
myodbc-win-install-step1.png

iDevon

Solo Dolo
Dec 27, 2010
Well it depends on whether your using a modem or a router

Thomas

Oct 25, 2010
Have you got MySql Started? Also have you checked evrything that iPod has said?

Comment @ iPod: This is a very bad tutorial, not alot of deatial. 4/10.

Zack

Jul 12, 2010
Yea MySql Is Going and I triple checked the post to make sure i did every thing right.

Thomas

Oct 25, 2010
Errm, not much else I can think of.

Lulz, One week off my hotel and I can hardley rember anything. -.-''

Reasons

Jul 2, 2010
You need the ObboRP emulator to edit the mysql.ini to have a db in mysql so you can make your retro...
Anyways nice tutorial!

iTouch C=

Selena

Oct 11, 2010
When i installed xampp it showed up with this:
You must be registered for see images attach

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
When i installed xampp it showed up with this:
You must be registered for see images attach

That would be, because you are using IIS, and not xampp, you must disable the Apache on IIS, before you use xampp.

Rama

Jan 4, 2011
@ Zak turn your Aptcha and mysql on then go to it will hopefully work. If it still doesnt work make sure your internet connection is working.

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
How do i disable it on IIS?

To turn IIS off, go into Control Panel > Programs > There is an area called Programs and Features, under that it should say turn windows features on or off. Click that, find IIS and un tick the box. Restart your computer and xampp should work. Hope this helped :)

Connor

May 28, 2010
You dont have to disable IIS entirely, You may just have to uninstall the apache service that is being used on it.

Rama

Jan 4, 2011
Stfu

All those people who diss the tutorial can shutup, he tried his best kty

(D)

Apr 17, 2011
it's nice but it's still the same as the other ''how to make a rp'' tutorials

misery7770

Mar 5, 2012
This is a pretty simple process once you learn it.
~ ObboRP Emulator ~

Sutff you will need:
Xampp:
Visual C#:
WinRar:
ODBC connector:
XoaCMS:
ObboRP Db:
OboRP Emulator: Search "ObboRP's Server" in devbest

After downloading that stuff you will need to start "Apache" in xampp and start "MySql"in xampp.

Image:
1161.jpg

After doing that you will need to go to localhost/security setup a password etc.

After doing that you will need to go into Start >> My computer >> c: >> Xampp >> htdocs delete everything in it

Image:
ie_htdocs.gif

Copy everything from the XoaCMS file. Then drag it into the htdocs folder. Once done go to Localhost/phpmyadmin and create a new database with any kind of name. After doing so Import the ObboRP DB into it. Then go to localhost/install/install.php and install it.

Image:
2w5rdpl.jpg

After installing phpretro go into housekeeping and edit your ports put them to 30001 and 30000 or 2021 and 2121. Then for dcrs you put: External Texts:
Variables:
DCRS:
(I don't know if these work but if they don't you can find some by Google)

Setting up ObboRP Emulator
Download obboRP emulator then go to Bin >> Debug >> Bin then click on the MySql file, fill it in with your Db name, Password, and etc.
Then go back to debug and click it then you'll see Holograph Emulator.exe double click that and your good.

(remember to change before entering hotel)

Oh yea I forgot download MySql connector.
myodbc-win-install-step1.png
do you have to extract the Xoacms?
I tried to download the db and a red page popps up saying:
Dumping data for table `catalogue_items` -- INSERT INTO `catalogue_items` (`tid`, `catalogue_name`, `catalogue_description`, `catalogue_cost`, `typeid`, `length`, `width`, `top`, `name_cct`, `colour`, `catalogue_id_page`, `door`, `tradeable`, `recycleable`, `catalogue_id_index`, `cip`, `cid`) VALUES (1, 'Green Parasol', 'Block those rays!', 25, 1, 1, 1, 0.00, 'rare_parasol*0', '#ffffff,#ffffff,#ffffff,#94f718', 80, '0', '1', '1', 1, 0, 0), (2, 'floor', 'Floor', 3, 0, 0, 0, 0.00, 'floor', '0', 7, '0', '1', '1', 2, 0, 0), (3, 'wallpaper', 'wallpaper', 3, 0, 0, 0, 0.00, 'wallpaper 1', '0', 7, '0', '1', '1', 3, 0, 0), (4, 'wallpaper', 'wallpaper', 3, 0, 0, 0, 0.00, 'wallpaper 2', '0', 7, '0', '1', '1', 4, 0, 0), (5, 'wallpaper', 'wallpaper', 3, 0, 0, 0, 0.00, 'wallpaper 3', '0', 7, '0', '1', '1', 5, 0, 0), (6, 'wallpaper', 'wallpaper', 3, 0, 0, 0, 0.00, 'wallpaper 4', '0', 7, '0', '1', '1', 6, 0, 0), (7, 'wallpaper', 'wallpaper', 3, 0, 0, 0, 0.00, 'wallpaper 5', '0', 7, '0', '1', [...]
THEN...
I did the localhost/install/install.php and this popped up:
Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404

3/5/2012 8:36:34 PM

Apache/2.2.17 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8o PHP/5.3.4 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1Do i have to download localhost/phpmyadmin
Or just go to the site. Please help me fix these bugs ^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread