Retro How to make a game changing economy for the Retro Community! [ Guide ]

Blueoptic

Time Is Money
Jun 23, 2014
This is a guide/strategy for all the "new" developers trying to create a habbo retro for 2014 & beyond

INTRO
I have been playing retros since the late 2000's..
Oh my, was it ever worth swapping from Habbo, to a "Retro". Hah it was so different to get used to, but fun. Does anyone remember those days? *V9 V18 Etc*?
You actually experienced the game, without knowing what actually was out there? I ofc was a "noob" during the time. Most of you probably had trades like this in Habbo when you first started, but was also new to others who could use this on a retro.

The trades were simple obviously.

I remember playing V9 retro's and earning good loads of "norms", and the odd "HC Furni". It was such an awesome experience! Being involved with a hotel with more than 500+ players... There was no such things that you saw back then: customs ( atleast the ones I had played ), 100k bars etc, Limited Edition, Utterly dumb ridiculous pricings, and or the constant roars of staff hunters on every hotel who only beg to get rares.

PART 1

I hope im not the only person seeing 2014 retros a waste of time. Let me explain.
Every hotel on the RetroRankings, don't know how to develop except for a few. Majority even of the few who know how to develop don't know anything about economies. If you join any hotel, not kidding any hotel and look at the prices of say; Lt'd's (Limited Editions) They're most of the time useless items/furni that cost sometimes double-quad the ammount you start off with. Eg Joined with 9k, Ltd=35k.
Then the funny part is they want a stable economy...

So called "Stable" Economies are mistaken for fked up hotels.

You can either A) play a hotel that you will never have a fun experience on, knowing that everything is at a ridiculous price.
B) play a hotel that tries to keep a stable economy by releasing a few rares, cheap, but your hourly/minute income is like 10-100c.
C) play a hotel with unexperienced developers/staff who are the only people that can make rooms.
D) play a hotel where 1-10 players will have 100k-10mill coins, because are favorited, well everyone else has about 5-15k.

Or, someone can develop and release a brand new hotel that actually intimidates the players.

A) play a hotel where prices are balanced.
B) play a hotel where players, can actually buy things, and staff aren't the only builders
C) play a creative hotel, that is NOT identical to every other hotel with 0 knowledge
D) have fun, and enjoy your experience

Players want to be able to make money, design rooms, and play in affordable games while having chance.
If developers are so sincere about making their hotel the best, they need to strategize the best they can.
I myself, and other players are not going to sit on our asses trying to please unworthy developers/staff of our commitment and loyalty.

PART 2
How to properly stable an economy? Design your layout, Catagorize your Catalogue, imply what you want the economy to have.
1) Choose what kind of economy you want to have; Norms, Rares, Customs
;Release ammount, Events, Games, Pricing, etc
2) Release a TON of a items/furni of what you want to be used so that your economy is "stable" not 1 -5 items/furni.
3) Player Satisfaction/Feedback
4) Improving/Updating

Limiting/Exeeding is the point in managing a hotel successfully, by taking risks.
Not everything has to be Rare.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want a successful economy you may follow my guide. You can call it a guide/tutorial/theory/rant.
I really wanted to say this somewhere because when I try to approach a Owner of a hotel about how they can change
their economy im usually insulted, and bashed at, and even sadly banned.

Goodluck future Habbo Retro Developers in whatever you may pursue your economy as.

Whip

- FiveM Server Developer -
Nov 6, 2013
They don't, they run good but the people are complainting for nothing.

Man if ur talking about Fresh hotel you need to see the reasons "Muscab" is banning people it's ridiculous yet they keep going back so i agree slightly with this but it's no longer a good hotel wat ever has come to Muscab's head has ruined it for everyone.

Rastaberry

Rooster 4 president 2k14
Dec 3, 2010
I've never had bad experience with Fresh, I'm sure that you've done something that aggrevated him pushing him to ban you. I've always had great experiences with Musicab & Fresh hotel so...

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Fresh is outdated and it's pretty much obvious that it's dying.

Snappy

^^^^UpHosting^^^^
Aug 29, 2013
Tbh the only reason fresh is fucked up is because of the amount of popularity it has it was the most popular hotel for a while and once your that big its hard to change your economy.

TraiNReq

Nov 28, 2014
Nice post man, i saw that the economy on my hotel was kinda shitty, i followed your guide, and now my hotel is peaking at about 90 - 100 users instead of 20.

-Sorry for my bad english.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Nice guide, I like the message more than the planning. If you were a bit more detailed, I would understand it more. Control the economy and the users will be satisfied, that's peak af.

Users who are viewing this thread