How to hide the IP.

pau

Oct 26, 2016
Hello, I have seen too many retros with the IP hidden without using a proxy.
How I can hide the IP without using a proxy?
Thanks u.

DizzloEndrit

Sep 23, 2017
Use a VPS from OVH because it protects your client, not the website tho.

For website, only allow cloudflare ipadress through "IP Address Restrictions" if you are using IIS.

pau

Oct 26, 2016
Yeah you can put it into the SWF can’t you? Not
100% as easier to just setup a firewall.
How?
Post automatically merged:

Use a VPS from OVH because it protects your client, not the website tho.

For website, only allow cloudflare ipadress through "IP Address Restrictions" if you are using IIS.
It's to don't allow people to use Tanji.

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
If you're trying to hide your IP to stop people exploiting your hotel with Tanji, then you're going the wrong way about it. You should be prioritising fixing the bugs and exploits on your hotel that allows people to do malicious stuff with Tanji. By hiding the IP you're only delaying the inhabitable.

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
Even if you were to hide your IP, all you're doing is making it so it's not viewable in the source code. You can still get the IP of your hotel just by using the netstat method on command prompt because whether the IP is hidden or not, you're still having a direct connection to a specific TCP port from the client's network. This is why you should either purchase a DDOS protected VPS or buy and link a filtered IP address that can withstand attacks and use that as the IP to connect to your hotel.

pau

Oct 26, 2016
If you're trying to hide your IP to stop people exploiting your hotel with Tanji, then you're going the wrong way about it. You should be prioritising fixing the bugs and exploits on your hotel that allows people to do malicious stuff with Tanji. By hiding the IP you're only delaying the inhabitable.
I preffer todo delay the inevitable than allow them to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread