PC How to free up some ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

WockoM9

May 1, 2011
The key to running a Minecraft Server is having plenty of free ram, and CPU ofcourse.

Some people say it's down to hard-ware e.g Graphics Card but that's only for FPS.

Now, there are many ways to free ram, you can

- Drop your view distance

By dropping your view distance this means it does not have to render as much blocks at one time, you can change this by going into server.properties and finding
view-distance: I always have mine at 3.

Another way is:

Update all your plugins so you've got less of a chance to get errors, errors keep flooding your console, that can also lead to lag.

Heres just 2 of the many ways to clear you lag, thanks for viewing.

WockoM9

May 1, 2011
I have got a good computer, I have a cyberpower and a razor blade, I meant for paid servers.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
I have got a good computer, I have a cyberpower and a razor blade, I meant for paid servers.

I wasn't questioning your computer, I was just pointing out that low spec Minecraft servers never get anywhere. Why would someone join a server that had a low view distance, when there's others that are perfectly capable?

WockoM9

May 1, 2011
I wasn't questioning your computer, I was just pointing out that low spec Minecraft servers never get anywhere. Why would someone join a server that had a low view distance, when there's others that are perfectly capable?
True, view distance dosen't really do nofing, just lowers ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread