How to create a Habbo Retro with IIS7 ( That doesn't suck )

How is the tutorial?

• The tutorial was good but you did not miss anything

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tutorial was bad and you missed some stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Marlboro20

Dec 17, 2013
How to create a Habbo retro with IIS7 that does not suck
ALL Credits goto @Vanish

This tutorial was created for @fofobot This is my first Tutorial and is not finished i just spent 2 hours ill fix and clean it later/tomorrow. Also if i you want i can make a video tutorial to put on this thread on how to make a habbo hotel.

To create a Habbo retro there is a few things we need

1. A Web Server,
    we will be using iis7 that comes with windows 7 and windows server to serve are website over the web.
  2. A Database server,
    we will be using MySQL Community server and MySQL Workbench to work with are database, MySQL Community server will be used for are database connections.
  3. A Habbo CMS,
    we will be using RevCMS 1.9.9.9 with my custom engine class to simulate/clone Habbo.com
  4. A Emulator and SWF's,
    for emulation we will be using phoenix emulator ( if there is another emulator you want to use leave a comment and i will try to add the HOW-TO to this thread ) this makes the hotel tick. The SWFS are the client its self ( i believe never learned what they actually do but its safe to guess that they are the client, the look, the feel, ect )
know that we have covered what we need and why we need them lets download the resources!

1. ( This allows us to edit the database kinda like phpmyadmin but no web interface )
  2. ( Non-Threaded for IIS7 )
  3. ( RevolutionCMS 1.9.9.9 )
  4. ( Needed Install after setting up IIS7 )
  5. ( This is not the original phoenix emulator but it runs well )
  6. ( credits to @Nippy )
  7. ( credits to @Nippy again )
  8. ( not required but will benefit you a lot )
  9. ( not required but will benefit you a lot also i don't condone piracy but i wont stop you [thepiratebay] )
Setting up our web server IIS7 on windows OS
  1. Are first step is to enable iis7 feature in windows 7 and windows server, run the following code below in a command prompt
    Code:
    start /w pkgmgr /iu:IIS-WebServerRole;IIS-WebServer;IIS-CommonHttpFeatures;IIS-StaticContent;IIS-DefaultDocument;IIS-DirectoryBrowsing;IIS-HttpErrors;IIS-HttpRedirect;
  2. Know that we have enabled iis7 on are targeted machine we must enable some features required to run a habbo retro
    Code:
    START /WAIT DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:IIS-ApplicationDevelopment /FeatureName:IIS-ASP /FeatureName:IIS-ASPNET /FeatureName:IIS-BasicAuthentication /FeatureName:IIS-CGI /FeatureName:IIS-ClientCertificateMappingAuthentication /FeatureName:IIS-CommonHttpFeatures /FeatureName:IIS-CustomLogging /FeatureName:IIS-DefaultDocument /FeatureName:IIS-DigestAuthentication /FeatureName:IIS-DirectoryBrowsing /FeatureName:IIS-HealthAndDiagnostics /FeatureName:IIS-HostableWebCore /FeatureName:IIS-HttpCompressionDynamic /FeatureName:IIS-HttpCompressionStatic /FeatureName:IIS-HttpErrors /FeatureName:IIS-HttpLogging /FeatureName:IIS-HttpRedirect /FeatureName:IIS-HttpTracing /FeatureName:IIS-IIS6ManagementCompatibility /FeatureName:IIS-IISCertificateMappingAuthentication /FeatureName:IIS-IPSecurity /FeatureName:IIS-ISAPIExtensions /FeatureName:IIS-ISAPIFilter /FeatureName:IIS-LegacyScripts /FeatureName:IIS-LegacySnapIn /FeatureName:IIS-LoggingLibraries /FeatureName:IIS-ManagementConsole /FeatureName:IIS-ManagementScriptingTools /FeatureName:IIS-ManagementService /FeatureName:IIS-Metabase /FeatureName:IIS-NetFxExtensibility /FeatureName:IIS-ODBCLogging /FeatureName:IIS-Performance /FeatureName:IIS-RequestFiltering /FeatureName:IIS-RequestMonitor /FeatureName:IIS-Security /FeatureName:IIS-ServerSideIncludes /FeatureName:IIS-StaticContent /FeatureName:IIS-URLAuthorization /FeatureName:IIS-WebDAV /FeatureName:IIS-WebServer /FeatureName:IIS-WebServerManagementTools /FeatureName:IIS-WebServerRole /FeatureName:IIS-WindowsAuthentication /FeatureName:IIS-WMICompatibility /FeatureName:WAS-ConfigurationAPI /FeatureName:WAS-NetFxEnvironment /FeatureName:WAS-ProcessModel /FeatureName:WAS-WindowsActivationService
  3. Before continuing please goto the php setup section then proceed
  4. Sorry for making you jump around but know we can setup php to run on iis7!
    Code:
    %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config /section:system.webServer/handlers ^
    /+[name='PHP_via_FastCGI', path='*.php',verb='*',modules='FastCgiModule',^
    scriptProcessor='c:\inetpub\php\php-cgi.exe',resourceType='Either']
  • Run the next code to set index.php as the default document.
    Code:
    %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config ^ 
    -section:system.webServer/defaultDocument /+"files.[value='index.php']" ^
    /commit:apphost
  • To make sure everything was setup correctly goto or if you see the iis7 splash screen then everything was setup correctly!
    Head over to How to setup the MySQL Community Server section! :p
Setting up php for our web server
  1. You can install php anywhere you decide to, i choose C:\inetpub\php\ for the sake of this tutorial but anywhere is fine. some choose to install php at the root of their hard drive C:\php\
  2. unzip 'php-5.5.15-nts-Win32-VC11-x86.zip' to either C:\inetpub\php\ or your desired location.
    Note: if you choose a different location to unzip your php files please change 'C:\inetpub\php' to the location you installed php in the iis7 setup query's
  3. after unzipping the archive to your desired location either change 'php.ini-production' or 'php.ini-development' to 'php.ini' i choose 'php.ini-development'
  4. open 'php.ini' in notepad++ or your favorite text editor and change the fallowing values to match the code below
    Code:
    fastcgi.impersonate = 1
    fastcgi.logging = 0
    cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1
    cgi.force_redirect = 0
  5. save the file and go back to setting up the web server!
MySQL Community Server and MySQL Workbench
  1. This part of the tutorial uses the msi installer
  2. Open 'mysql-5.6.20-winx64.msi' and allow it to run.
  3. when you arrive at the Choose setup type choose either typical or complete.
  4. if after the installation mysql does not wan't to run or gives you the error 'Can't connect to localhost (10061)' run the following code as administrator
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\mysqld" --install
    Another reason for this error is the service MySQL is not running.
    Code:
    net start mysql
  5. know that we have mysql setup lets set our password! open a new command prompt ( CTRL+R and type "cmd" )
  6. know to login to mysql server. enter the following in the command prompt
    Code:
    mysql -u root
    know we have to set a password for the root user! change 'newpwd' below and run the command in the command prompt
    Code:
    UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = PASSWORD('newpwd') WHERE User = 'root'; exit;
  7. We have setup are database server but we are not done yet! before we are finished we need to edit the php.ini file again
    uncomment the following code below by removing the semicolon
    Code:
    extension=php_mysqli.dll
    extension=php_mbstring.dll
    extension=php_mcrypt.dll
Setting up MySQL Workbench
  1. Run 'mysql-workbench-community-6.1.7-win32.msi'
  2. Follow the damn instructions.
Setting up RevolutionCMS on IIS7
  1. delete every file in the folder 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot'
  2. unzip the archive 'RevCMS 1.9.9.9.zip' to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot'
  3. add a new file called 'web.config' and add the following code below in the 'wwwroot' folder.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <configuration>
        <system.webServer>
            <handlers>
                <add name="PHP_via_FastCGI" path="*.php" verb="*" modules="FastCgiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\inetpub\php\php-cgi.exe" resourceType="File" />
            </handlers>
            <defaultDocument>
                <files>
                    <add value="index.php" />
                </files>
            </defaultDocument>
            <rewrite>
                <rules>
                    <rule name="Imported Rule 1">
                        <match url="ase/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)" ignoreCase="true" />
                        <conditions>
                            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" />
                            <add input="{REQUEST_URI}" pattern="\.png|\.css|\.jpg" negate="true" />
                        </conditions>
                        <action type="Rewrite" url="dash.php?url={R:1}" appendQueryString="false" />
                    </rule>
                    <rule name="Imported Rule 2" enabled="true">
                        <match url="ase" ignoreCase="false" />
                        <action type="Rewrite" url="dash.php?url={R:0}" appendQueryString="false" />
                    </rule>
                    <rule name="Imported Rule 3">
                        <match url="^(|/)$" ignoreCase="false" />
                        <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php?url={R:1}" appendQueryString="false" />
                    </rule>
                    <rule name="Imported Rule 4">
                        <match url="^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)(|/)$" ignoreCase="false" />
                        <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php?url={R:1}" appendQueryString="false" />
                    </rule>
                    <rule name="Imported Rule 5">
                        <match url="^(.*)\.htm$" />
                        <action type="Rewrite" url="{R:1}.php" />
                    </rule>
                </rules>
            </rewrite>
        </system.webServer>
    </configuration>
  4. Next thing we will do is change the class.engine.php with my version released
  5. Know we are almost done all is left to do is edit the configuration file located in "app/management/config.php" with notepad++
Emulator Configuration
  1. Unpack the archive 'Gold-Tree-Emulator-3-master.rar' to any desired location and edit the file '/Gold Tree Emulator 3.0/bin/debug/config.conf'
  2. Open MySQL Workbench 6.1 CE and connect to localhost
    Note: The next steps can be weird to people that are new to mysql.
  3. Run the following code in the the query1 window and click the thunder bolt.
    Code:
    create database if not exists HabboRetro;
    use HabboRetro;

-- copy and paste the content from  GTE 3.0.sql --
  • run the exe file 'Gold Tree Emulator 3.0.exe' and know your done!
SWF Configuration
go to created by @Nippy no reason to recreate the wheel.

Last edited:

Tiny

Owner, Swift Industry
Aug 14, 2013
Hope this tut will be helpful to many people
+ It would be nice if screenshots are addded.

Marlboro20

Dec 17, 2013
Hope this tut will be helpful to many people
+ It would be nice if screenshots are addded.
I am downloading a windows server iso (torrented) and i will make screenshots and a video on how to do this tutorial
Also there is more i need to add i just got lazy ^~^

fofobot

Aug 5, 2014
What I mean by that is the sql file, and is that sql file 100% compatible with the cms and the emulator?

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
The Credits for @Nippy are supposed to be my credits since i was the first person to provide swfs and an updated Habbo.swf ... Check out his thread and then check out mine and check the dates, give me some credit here lad..

Users who are viewing this thread