deleted

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Within the next 5 years I guess, not sure how well other languages are coping but the English retro’s have declined continuously for the past 3-5 years.

Kalee

Nov 13, 2019
I believe most of it is just the english community with habbo retros, it's too toxic and full of immature owners. Also people depend on findretros only to get them users and they don't find other social medias or forums to get new people into retros. Not enough of that going on in the english community but foreign people seem to have a way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Liam

trust nobody
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
This has been in speculation for years. The answer is unknown.

But what is certain, English retros are mainly dead because of toxic people and their cliques. Sad truth.

I'm pretty sure some foreign hotels are doing fine, as confirmed in another thread like this.

Kalee

Nov 13, 2019
Does anyone think Habbo and its English retros could be revived from innovation? In my opinion the last innovative retro I've played was PeakRP and that got a lot of users from Habbo Hotel rather than other retros. So I think if you have something innovative and something that works you can get users
Anything in life can be revived, just takes getting rid of the things killing the community which would be the toxic users, and the English Habbo Retro community coming together and supporting each other and helping each other with bugs and even helping them protect their hotels from DDoS kids. But instead, they'll fix their hotel from being ddosed and then learn to DDoS other hotels to steal users which makes users leave the community altogether. The English community used to be massive, but over the year died fast, due to Habbo being on the news and owners of big Habbo retros being doxxed and exposed for being pedo's too little girls on their hotels and people buying things from these hotels just for them to reset or close. In order to revive the community, you'd need to spend loads of time if you had more people coming together and helping you revive it and getting rid of these toxic users from their Habbo retros so they leave the community. But when you invite new users outside of findretros and other already well-known Habbo Advertisement sites, you'll have a higher chance at these new people staying' who've just learned about Habbo retros. I see some English hotels with over 8k users signed up within 3 months but only manage to keep 10-20 only and those 10-20 are the users who scared away everyone else. Owners need to run their site and stop trying to join these toxic users' friend groups and worry about their hotel updates and standing out weather than entertaining the drama. But again with the English community that's what they live off now is drama and bullying users in groups and doxxing and DDos. I remember back in the day when Developers were releasing stuff left to right and helping the community English retros would hit 600+ and Zap and Blah, habplus, and dub.cm all was hitting 300-2k players a day if not more...

somethingso

Jun 30, 2021
I believe most of it is just the english community with habbo retros, it's too toxic and full of immature owners. Also people depend on findretros only to get them users and they don't find other social medias or forums to get new people into retros. Not enough of that going on in the english community but foreign people seem to have a way.

You must be registered for see images attach
The site says 900 habbos online and there are about 6 people in public rooms. Looks very fishy

Kalee

Nov 13, 2019
The site says 900 habbos online and there are about 6 people in public rooms. Looks very fishy
1633704297269-png.12772

When I last checked it was looking legit to me, and I entered rooms with loads of users typing and walking as well. Probably a dead timezone you got on during considering they're all brazil users I believe. But I can only speak from my own experience.

somethingso

Jun 30, 2021
1633704297269-png.12772

When I last checked it was looking legit to me, and I entered rooms with loads of users typing and walking as well. Probably a dead timezone you got on during considering they're all brazil users I believe. But I can only speak from my own experience.

You're right looks legit. For some reason I only see one hotel category in chrome and it's pretty empty. in the flash version i see everything and then it gets full.

Maybe some foreign scenes are simply more creative in recruiting members? I personally only host a hotel for a small circle of friends who, like me, were most active in the v7-v14 era and love this time. But if I wanted to go public, I would think a lot more about how I can get other games or scenes with a corresponding target group excited about something like habbo retros. Continuing to hope for the existing community is a one-way street

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
hablush & boon are the only decent hotels left with owners always improving them, they're got a long shelf life in my opinion because the owners stay ontop of it (if not more than habbo do)

WhiteTuxGroom

Nov 22, 2021
Me and a few friends were speaking over dinner the other night when this subject came up.
We looked at 'ToonTown Rewritten' and 'Club Penguin Rewritten'. In fact, I was able to pull up CPRW on my phone as the devs have made it's client HTML5. I was shocked to see the amount of users on Club Penguin Rewritten. It took me back to when I was a kid, seeing multiple servers full. My wife ever so often logs into ToonTown RW for nostalgic reasons. And just like CPRW, it also is packed (and it's a download only client from my understanding)

The questions that come up are:
Why are people playing them? Short lived Nostalgia or actual will to enjoy the game?
Are the players every-day long term players or as I said above, quick ins and outs for nostalgic reasons?

Both ToonTown and CP are both ACTUALLY dead, oppossed to Habbo which is still kicking (somehow). This also raises the question of if Habbo were to shut it's doors tomorrow, would the current Habbo base flock to the retro scene and completely revive it? If the word spread out would the people who haven't played Habbo in YEARS hear about the news and suddenly get an urge to revisit the past using retros?

I think the answer is still up in the air. We must first see what happens to Habbo itself. I would guess Habbo wouldn't have 3 years left, but I would've also guessed that after the great mute of 2012 and it's still kicking and it's going on 2022. So until Habbo see's it's fate, the Retro scene is pretty much in limbo.

With the new reveals that Sulake is working on a new game which is supposed to emerge as their new flagship title, I think we actually could witness Habbo's fate if this new title takes it title as Sulake's new flagship game.

WhiteTuxGroom

Nov 22, 2021
could it be because Habbo is made for teenagers/adults? It's more of a social game. Club penguin and ToonTown are mainly aimed at younger children who are currently playing other games such as fortnite.
I started playing Habbo as a youngin' back in 2004 when the USA Hotel was launched. But I see your point, no one in my school played Habbo except for me, all the other kids played CP/TT. And my parents didn't care I know some parents do.

If you were 6-10 in, lets say 2006? Playing Club penguin you would be about 20-26 now. Still young enough to indulge in the nostalgia on CP/TT.

If you were 15 or so in 2004 playing Habbo, you'd be well into your 30's now, possibly with a family, not playing a Habbo Hotel retro.

That being said, I also couldn't believe that Old School RuneScape had 50k+ users on the other night also.

I know Minecraft and Roblox are HUGE right now with the kids. Most people I see now days don't even know what "Habbo" is, that's why tbh, I've tried to market my Hotel as it's own entity with a unique aesthetic for those who don't actually know what Habbo is, but also make sure when a old Habbo player see's it, they know it's Habbo. I think one thing that could benefit retros is the marketing of the "building" element and blocky assets. I think it would help to for Hotels to stay clean, in regards to language etc. If a small kid does stumble on my Hotel, I'd want them to be in a safe environment and if the parent see's, they're not going to want to see something "too adult" for their kids. Trying to find that balance between Habbo/Not Habbo & For Kids/For Adults.

And on a side note, even back in 2007 when I started dabbling in Habbo Retros, I remember it seemed like everyone on Otaku and other sites and pretty much anything that existed that referenced Habbo seemed to be out of Europe/UK. Me being in the USA, I was sort of the odd-ball which has always made me wonder if Habbo was never marketed enough in the US or something. If Habbo was bigger in the US back in the early 2000's, could there be more players today?

Aced2021

May 15, 2021
Most die because they simply don't advertise or know how to switch from Flash to HTML5
Retro's have had their best times but it's not quiet dying.
Many people across the world still play on various retros.
Hablush is still alive and doing well with a great owner taking daily care of the hotel.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
Regarding the toxic part in the retro community. No one should be blaming any owner(s) for being unable to control this. You can't control a toxic community by banning them all. Even when banned, they can find a way to come back via VPNs and extra means. I still don't understand to this day how crazy people can get online. Years ago from what I can remember, toxicity was hardly ever an issue. You'd hear about some DDos attacks there and then but nothing as far as severe harassment, doxing, and more.

It's a shame people can't just get along with each other. Retros was about bringing the community together and striking back against Habbo's expensive way of playing their version.

Will retros die? No. They will keep getting re-made until they run out of custom content to pump out or rehash from Habbo itself.

Alb

Dec 26, 2013
I believe there is quite a while left. Let's be honest, a lot of us have been long time loyal players for over a decade and grew up in these communities... that's why they continue to exist. As for Habbo itself. It is exhausted. Habbo is running down its track to its death and I believe this will open up a window for retros to finally prosper again. I could be wrong tho and we could see a dead community faster than we know it.

TyleRJc

Jun 19, 2011
I decided to check out some for that nostalgia, a lot of the top ones on findretros seem pretty dead with < 10 online and most being afk.
I checked out fresh and I'm honestly surprised how nice their html client is, no need to download anything to access it, just the good ol' click and play and feels more habbo-y than habbo.com.
They've done a much better job than habbo with their html client.

Martinrex

Apr 1, 2013
How many years do you think Habbo Retros have until their death? Like 100 users peak on Habboon?

Just curious because a lot of people thought the death of flash would hurt a lot wherease a lot of other people thought it'd attract more. I personally see that it has made the usercount etc decline.

Especially with the fact that original Habbo will soon get rid of their Flash client, staying with their Unity

Just curious

you adapt & evolve

Users who are viewing this thread