How I was Poisoned by the Medical Community

percocet

Oct 21, 2016
On approximately early November of 2016 I had woken up with a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) I didn't know that I had this at the time so I decided to wait the pain out. On November 17th 2016 I decided I couldn't wait anymore, so I went to a walk in clinic and got diagnosed with a uti and was prescribed an antibiotic. I was prescribed a 10 day course of an antibiotic by the name cipro. Cipro is under the family of drugs know as flouroquinolones.

I had went home, had dinner, took the antibiotic and went to my room to play xbox. Three hours later as Im playing xbox I feel the back of my heel tingle. Quickly, I make the connection and think to myself "well thats odd". So I google the drug I was prescribed.

Although I'm only twenty years old I have never in my life read such horrific things as I did in that night. Cipro, Ciprofloxacin, Levaquin, Avelox and whole bunch of other generic drugs under this brand name belong to that family class know as flourquionlones. This drug is only know being recognized as one of the most dangerous drugs on the planet. I read stories of people becoming peremeantely disabled, losing their jobs, and life because of it. I spent all night reading the horrific stuff and crying as to why thinking how Could I have made such a mistake by taking this drug.

I woke up the next morning, and the tendons in my achilles and being my knee we're extremely tight. Yep, just as I had read, it does tendon and joint damage. This damage in some cases can last years or even worse be permemant. I spent the next days horrified and scared out of my mind. Walking up the stairs hurt, and I knew that if I did any strenous activity then I would have ruptured my tendons.

But after ten days I felt a lot better.

On the 12th day I started having pins and needles throughout my whole body. I googled this side effect. Yep, I got peripheral neuropathy. In other words nerve damage. For the next three weeks I had pins in needles in my whole body from the moment I woke up till I fell asleep.

On week 2, I had gotten tinnus (ear ringing). Week 3 I got eye floaters.

It's been fourth months, I had to take the term off because I can't walk to class and am physically not in the condition to do much activity.
Today I still have peripheral nerve damage which is slowly healing.

I got lucky, I took 1 pill out of prescribed 20.
At how many would I have died at? Who knows, but I guess 8.

You may think this is rare, or I'm fear mongering. But let it be known that I'm not.

Ever heard of the great mysterious gulf war illness?
Soliders we're given this same drug to treat anthrax and other infections.
Many of them had a bad reaction to this drug. Horrific even.

The FDA has only recently been acknowledging it.
It can take years to recover, and even some are not ever the same after.

Please stay safe devbest, do your research before taking any drugs. Stay safe friends.
Doctors don't know shit. Mine, almost killed me.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Did some digging into it. Looks like the effects you had are rare, and it's only recently been labeled as dangerous by the FDA. My guess is that your doctor wasn't aware of this yet, and you've just had bad luck you were one of the rare occurences.

Always research the pills you take.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Yup, and just like that, boom, a silly uti could lead to permanent nerve damage.
I stopped blindly taking prescription drugs awhile ago, i recommend everyone searches their drug's history when prescribed such medications.

This may be a bit off topic, but, have you seen what is actually in a variety of vaccines?
d53dd6fb522c4af685f7e4e00ce61387.png

e1d5706d6d104ce4bb2b185295cf04c3.png

3df76dd1c85b43799a5f0a789c7b9c0a.png

chick embryo? human lung tissue? That's some weird shit lol.
sources:
(cdc.gov)
(mrc-5)
(more mrc-5)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Also, my job isn't to study drugs and chemicals, thats my doctor's job. Im a paitent and in no way is this my fault, it's the fault of the FDA, and pharma companies.
No. It's your job to figure out what you're putting inside your body.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I didn't post this thread to argue, or to belittled by someone while I'm not feeling well. If you want to place the blame on me then fine, go ahead. This thread was made to raise awareness for other users to research their drugs and be aware of flourquinolones. I made a mistake by trusting the medical community but I won't be treated like an idiot by other users because of my mistake.

I have spent many sleepless nights blaming myself over this, I can't do it anymore and won't. Neverthless this thread is so other users know to stay alert and to stay safe.

Take care,
I'm not belittling you. I posted a general comment to everyone that people should always research what they take. You choose to take that personal and argued it. I find it ignorant that you don't trust the "medical community", as there are a lot of good doctors out there. Yours didn't do it on purpose either and possibly wasn't aware of the risks involving the drug. Even though I do appriciate people warning members of the community, I highly doubt they'll have to take the same drug (/line of drugs).

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Belittle: make (someone or something) seem unimportant.
> Looks like the effects you had are rare

You made my case seem unimportant because they are by your definition "rare". To add to that, what the hell do you know about pharmaceuticals to say that it is rare? Your 5 minutes of research is a joke.

>You chose to take that personal and argued it.
I'm standing up for myself and everyone else out there who has been hurt by this drug.

>I find it ignorant that you don't trust the "medical community"
You just said in an earlier comment to "always do your research" so clearly you don't have trust in the medical community.

You said it here
>No. It's your job to figure out what you're putting inside your body.

Pick a side and stick to it. If I had trust in the medical community anymore I would still blindly take the drugs that they will prescribe me in the future. Which I won't be doing anymore. And clearly you say that you won't either. So saying that you have trust in the medical community is fallacious.
Trust: firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.

>There are a lot of good doctors out there
Don't put words in my mouth, I never said that there wasn't. My neurologist is brilliant.

>Yours didn't do it on purpose either and possibly wasn't aware of the risks involving the drug

Pathetic excuse
"Oh but judge I didn't know the gun was loaded, had I, i wouldn't of pressed the trigger"
Not a strong argument

>Even though I do appriciate people warning members of the community, I highly doubt they'll have to take the same drug (/line of drugs).

10th Most Prescribed drug on this list. Expand your mind, don't be a sheep.
Saying that the effects you had are rare isn't belittling you, it's the truth and in no way intended as an assault on your topic. As you've said yourself, it's one of the most used/given out drugs. You might find a lot of bad things about it on the internet, but on the broad scale it's been given out, yes, those nasty side effects are a rare occurance if you take the amount given out into account. I never said it was unimportant, as it indeed is important. Good that you're standing up for yourself, but you could do this in a normal way instead of going all out defensive and mad because I said something that wasn't even meant in a bad way.

Besides the fact you call me a sheep, there's a reason medicine have disclaimers. I firmly trust my doctor, but even they make mistakes. Hence it is important to always check what you are taking.

Calm the fuck down instead of acting all butthurt. Like I said before none of my comments were either meant as an attack or to be disrespectful.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I used to go doctors/hospital all the time when younger as I had eczema, had cream from the hospital and pharmacy for years, always worked but came back a few weeks later

Got put on tablets to weaken immune system etc never worked.

Stopped putting the cream on about 2 year ago or so, only moisturise. Guess what, it's disappeared and it's fine at the minute.

I never go to the doctors for anything now. Maybe for an inhaler that's it. You're a customer to the pharmacy, it'll make you better but they need your money so it'll help but come back in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread