How do I set up MySQL and does it have anything to do with a VPS I bought?

newbiemega

Oct 23, 2021
Hi,

I am trying to learn code and I figured Habbo would be a fun place to start, perhaps making a simplistic retro at first that only I have access to.

I have downloaded RevCMS files, Emulator etc. but I do not know how to do anything with MySQL or VPS and how do I connect my hotel to localhost.
I have been able to edit somethings in Notepad++ for the CMS but I don't know what to do now lol.

Please help. I am willing to learn.

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
There are a few things

1)Flash will no longer work unless you use a browser that still supports it as most such as chrome, firefox no longer allow flash to run
2)Have you installed anything such as IIS or Xmapp yet?

newbiemega

Oct 23, 2021
There are a few things

1)Flash will no longer work unless you use a browser that still supports it as most such as chrome, firefox no longer allow flash to run
2)Have you installed anything such as IIS or Xmapp yet?
I see.
How difficult would it be to set up a flash downloadable client and Nitro/HTML5?

Also where can I find IIS?

onacceptable

Queen of the Button mashing
Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

I am trying to learn code and I figured Habbo would be a fun place to start, perhaps making a simplistic retro at first that only I have access to.

I have downloaded RevCMS files, Emulator etc. but I do not know how to do anything with MySQL or VPS and how do I connect my hotel to localhost.
I have been able to edit somethings in Notepad++ for the CMS but I don't know what to do now lol.

Please help. I am willing to learn.
We need more information like what kinda vps we talking about linux based or windows based , do you want your hotel on the vps or not cuz u mention localhost as well what did you do allready? And what do you speceficly help with soo we can help you better😉 and if you need my personal help more you have my discord name you can reach me at any time ill respond and try to help you then asap 😸

DizzloEndrit

Sep 23, 2017
We need more information like what kinda vps we talking about linux based or windows based , do you want your hotel on the vps or not cuz u mention localhost as well what did you do allready? And what do you speceficly help with soo we can help you better😉 and if you need my personal help more you have my discord name you can reach me at any time ill respond and try to help you then asap 😸
I doubt he knows linux if he's a newbie

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
I see.
How difficult would it be to set up a flash downloadable client and Nitro/HTML5?

Also where can I find IIS?
If your VPS is windows

Following the steps on both of these links will have you half way there but you’ll also need to download Microsoft Web Platform Installer.

Within WPI you’ll need to download other necessities & of which you can find those in this tutorial.

Skip to step 4 granted you’ve done all of the above already, I grabbed that part from another thread on this forum so credits to @Jeffrey (I think that’s him).

Overall that’s basically it, it’s really straightforward if you follow step-by-step and don’t overthink it.

Hope this helped a little!
Post automatically merged:

If you manage to get setup and run into errors post them here, i will help you as best I can.

Users who are viewing this thread