Houston Upgrade

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
It's a good idea, wouldn't be the first time db donated to a charity either. I believe josh did one for christmas once upon a time.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
It's a good idea, wouldn't be the first time db donated to a charity either. I believe josh did one for christmas once upon a time.

I believe that the Christmas sub money gets donated every year, I just figured a new upgrade would be purchased, and why not put the money to a good use?

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Since this is the place where "the community comes together", I believe there should be a new (temp) upgrade and the proceeds should be donated to a charity to help with the hurricane relief.
What about a certain percentage of all upgrades that are bought within x amount of days goes to a charity?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Would it even gain any traction? This site seems like a ghost town most of the time..
100% yes. If it's a limited time upgrade, people will catch on and buy it (plus it's a good cause - even if it gains $20 at least it's something)

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
i disagree with this, they are already getting a lot of donations. what's the point of wasting devbests funding for this when they have already reached millions of dollars? the money that we would raise is nothing when u have people donating $100's and celebs donating $25,000.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
i disagree with this, they are already getting a lot of donations. what's the point of wasting devbests funding for this when they have already reached millions of dollars? the money that we would raise is nothing when u have people donating $100's and celebs donating $25,000.
It's not "devbest funding" persay, just utilizing this platform to give something in return of a user's donation, which at the same time is helping those in need.

Trust me, with no walls, floorboards or windows in most houses the Harvey storm came to visit, I think every dollar will absolutely help regardless.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
It's not "devbest funding" persay, just utilizing this platform to give something in return of a user's donation, which at the same time is helping those in need.

Trust me, with no walls, floorboards or windows in most houses the Harvey storm came to visit, I think every dollar will absolutely help regardless.
devbest isnt big enough that anyone would acknowledge or care about our donation. just seems like a waste of time when they are doing just fine atm with donations.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
That's like saying there's no point in raising money for any charity, because they're making millions of dollars already. If everybody thought like you, maybe nobody would raise money at all.
devbest isnt big enough that anyone would acknowledge or care about our donation. just seems like a waste of time when they are doing just fine atm with donations.
Your comments are ignorant, it's not about how much or how big the org is, it's about helping and doing what you can to make a small difference.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
That's like saying there's no point in raising money for any charity, because they're making millions of dollars already. If everybody thought like you, maybe nobody would raise money at all.

Your comments are ignorant, it's not about how much or how big the org is, it's about helping and doing what you can to make a small difference.
Yeah idk man, in my mind any dollar would make a difference. But, one to their own i suppose

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
I agree,don't get me wrong but you can send money to who is muslim/christian and needs help.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
I'd be down for this. ;)

ok

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Say that to the thousands of other people that's donated under $40
It all adds up. Plus if you read the whole thread @Ecko said he'd match what was made then his company would match that so $40 is now $120
Don't be so negative, if you don't want to help out then don't.

@bigdawg I think you should do this sooner rather than later while it's still "hyped"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread