Hosting Company?

Dan822

Sep 11, 2013
I'm not 100% satisfied with my current hosts. As my mretro grows i'm looking to expand from a 4gb server to something bigger.

Can anybody reccomend anywhere? i'm thinking about using OVH as they offer high spec servers for a very cheap price.

If anybody has some advise on where to use please let me know!

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Use SYS or OVH, it all depends on your server and proxy to be honest. You can have the best server on a cheap crappy proxy and it'll cause problems connecting moving around etc.

I would recommend xHost's for the prices, although a 4GB should cope fine with 30-50 users, who's your current host?

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
Hetzner.de or oneprovider.com (paris range)

Hetzner is great but typically you are required to provide ID. Though, there has been times I have not been asked for this.

Dan822

Sep 11, 2013
Use SYS or OVH, it all depends on your server and proxy to be honest. You can have the best server on a cheap crappy proxy and it'll cause problems connecting moving around etc.

I would recommend xHost's for the prices, although a 4GB should cope fine with 30-50 users, who's your current host?
Was just looking at xHosts, i like the look of the 6GB SSD server. I don't really want to name and shame my current hosts because my files are currently hosted on there, and the operating system might suddenly corrupt if i slag them off aha. Thanks for your advice though i'll take it all on board

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Was just looking at xHosts, i like the look of the 6GB SSD server. I don't really want to name and shame my current hosts because my files are currently hosted on there, and the operating system might suddenly corrupt if i slag them off aha. Thanks for your advice though i'll take it all on board
Sounds like you shouldn't be there if that's how you feel!

Cipher

Jun 13, 2017
Contabo.com it's a german Company the have their own server room. Service is great too been with them for over a Year now. I have tried xhosts ssd vps too and i cant say nothing but great things about them.

RyanzRetros

Developer of ChakCMS
Jan 14, 2015
Contabo.com it's a german Company the have their own server room. Service is great too been with them for over a Year now. I have tried xhosts ssd vps too and i cant say nothing but great things about them.
Had them before - absolutely awful customer service and rather a lot of downtime.
GigaNetwork are good for retros as they are almost in the community, xHosts is a risk.

I am currently using PortServers - competitive prices and good servers.

Dan822

Sep 11, 2013
Had them before - absolutely awful customer service and rather a lot of downtime.
GigaNetwork are good for retros as they are almost in the community, xHosts is a risk.

I am currently using PortServers - competitive prices and good servers.
why would you say xHosts are a risk?

Users who are viewing this thread