Holocms client dcr

Kanebrah

May 23, 2011
How I install HoloCMS and HoloEMU

I am writting this to show people how I setup HoloCMS and EMU, I don't anymore but I feel I can still help. Holo is very easy to setup but it requires some knowledge. This is a basic tutorial and you should do anything else by yourself or read other tutorials.

HoloCMS is a content management system. That's you're website.
HoloEMU is a emulator, that's what makes you're hotel run (if you've used flatfile it's like your server).

Notes:
This is not for v26, this is for v23.
I don't want to hear you going 'won't work', if it doesn't work do it again

First you need to download XAMPP, XAMPP is a webserver with a built in MySQL server becuase HoloCMS runs on PHP thus the need for a webserver, becuase the CMS and EMU use a MySQL database thus the need for MySQL. In theory you can have any kind of webserver and download MySQL separately, but XAMPP is far easier to use. You will also need C# 2008 and MySQL OBDC connector and an SVN client such as tortoise SVN . Anyway, Back to XAMPP

You can download it here: , find your Operating System and scroll down the next page until you see where it says downloads, download the Basic Package.

Do not install any of the services.

Now go to and choose your language, then go to and set a MySQL password.

Once that's done it's time to download HoloCMS. Make a new file on your desktop called 'HoloGraph' and create 2 files, one for HoloCMS called 'HoloCMS', one for HoloEMU called 'HoloEMU'.

If you don't already have it, get WinRAR or WinZIP.

Download HoloCMS: and extract it o the HoloCMS file on your desktop.

Open up your HoloCMS folder and keep it open. Now go to the install location for xampp and open the sub-directory htdocs, delete all the crap in there and copy and paste all the stuff from HoloCMS/holo.

Now you need to go to , create a new database called holodb. Once this is done, go to the tab which says import, chances are you'll get an error, edit the file and remove that line, then copy and paste whats below and add it via a SQL Query.

Open up your browser and go to and follow the install setup and make your admin account, if you get errors just delete config.php and do it again. After this delete install.php, and run upgrade.php, there's two upgrades to run, upgrade one and go back to the other.

Logon and go into Housekeeping, under 'Site and Content' here you can edit the sitename ect. Once you're done with this on the side click on 'Loader Configuration' this is where you have to edit in your DCRs, if you want prehosted I recomend or if you want to host your own I recommend: .

If you do use you're own DCRs you need to edit vars.txt, find YOURIPADDRESS and replace with your IP, find YOURHOTELSITEWITHHOLOCMS and replace with either your IP or your site with HoloCMS, if you want custom badges you can also edit texts.txt find group_logo_url_template=http://nipper.servegame.com/habbo-imaging/badge/%imagerdata%.gif and change to group_logo_url_template=http://Your IP/habbo-imaging/badge/%imagerdata%.gif.

Now to setup the EMU, on the folder you created earlier called HoloEMU right-click and select SVN checkout, check out the URL to . This will download your Emulator. Once it has finished open Holograph Emulator.csproj and edit /bin/Debug/bin/mysql.ini for your database. Press the green arrow.

If you want help please tell me what was the last thing you did or what you can't do. And if its on the CMS or EMU.

Credits to KT from OS

Users who are viewing this thread