Delete

Rystbo

-Hotel Owner, -Customs Developer, -Arcturus
Apr 16, 2018
68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f716552534157502e706e67
About
Heroic is a CMS developed to provide a fast and fun experience. It comes packed with tons of useful features and modern implementations. Credits go to myself and @Billsonnn

Features
  • RESTful API endpoints
  • Custom frontend built entirely in Vue 2
  • A custom loading screen to make your hotel that much more special!
  • Client automatically loads upon login so its ready when users push "Enter Hotel"
  • Client can stay open in the background
  • Custom and clean interface
Screenshots

Download

Can some one provide a tutorial on this? New to it, using good ole html. lol

n4te

zzz
Oct 27, 2014
Can some one provide a tutorial on this? New to it, using good ole html. lol
Wouldn't recommend if you're still new to retro development and such. Not trying to be rude, but this is pretty advanced if you're still new.

Last edited:

Rystbo

-Hotel Owner, -Customs Developer, -Arcturus
Apr 16, 2018
Wouldn't recommend if you're still new to retro development and such. Not trying to be rude, but this is pretty advanced if you're still new.
Im not necessarly "new" but im new to Heroic, im always willing to learn new things. Look at my posts and you will see. I dont lack the power to learn.

n4te

zzz
Oct 27, 2014
Im not necessarly "new" but im new to Heroic, im always willing to learn new things. Look at my posts and you will see. I dont lack the power to learn.
Like I said, Not trying to be rude, lmao. Never mentioned that you couldn't learn. I simply said it may be too advanced.

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
Unfortunately,
Heroic is a multi-step process to set up the very basics (API and frontend). It requires you to either setup a NGINX server proxying requests based on the domain request or to use 2 different hosts - one for static file hosting and one for the API endpoint itself. Not to mention, the compilation process and configuration process to ensure requests are processed to the proper endpoint.
You're practically telling people that they aren't qualified to use your product...

What is the point in making these wretched things if you have no intentions of seeing others use it? Heroic has been the biggest flop and it's only propelled further along that path because of your short-comings and complete unwillingness to assist the end user.

What's the point in making this crap if you are just gonna boast about it being a challenge to setup, instead of making a real tutorial and trying to help your product break the ranks of average users?

You are like Devbests personal Terry Davis...

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
(

I told you how to set it up and aim for a good environment. All heroic was is a combination of good modern serverless practices I’ve learned from professional web development. Unfortunately, companies don’t use Rev, Brain or Uber man. Sorry if it’s complicated, but a flop is not the way to describe it. If anything heroic moved from being a basic trashy replica of Habbo to a beautiful beast

If informing users of what is needed for Heroic, which mind you is a two part CMS considering the front end is individually built and ran (Literally every Vue/Angular/React) one is scares you - perhaps stick to what you can do. I don’t run the front end as a static request with the API anymore because it’s a huge performance cost serving static files with Node

Arcturus

Edit:
I also don’t make these releases for other users, I made them for clients who used it on their hotel and release when given consent to do so.
Lol no, you have told me nothing because I have no use for your product and can manage my own even if I did.

Idk i'd definitely call something that got a lot of hours put into it but no one using it a flop; what would you call a flop??

And yes I have seen time and time again in your threads people just wondering how to set Heroic up and instead of making a real tutorial you throw a bunch of jargon at them that you KNOW they wont understand.

You should really look into the definition of condescensing.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Heroic is one of the most advanced systems publicly out there with a lot of great practices incorporated within it's architecture. So based on that, this is far from a flop.

Besides that, it's fully up to the developer what lengths they want to go to make it useable for "starters". If you disagree with this, feel free to discuss this with the OP outside of this thread. But the way you're conducting yourself to the OP is far from a normal way of discussing differences in opinion.

I cleaned up the thread a little bit as a proper discussion derailed hard.

Now stay nice.

Users who are viewing this thread