Help with security

Sirhello

Sep 5, 2011
Hi all,

I own a little retro, just for friends. Noting special about it, it's just the community that makes it fun.
We're not known with anybody but still a lot of hackers come to the website, create an account and ruin our community.
I'm not able to IP ban the hackers because they keep coming back. I'm afraid that one day they will get in the server and database and ruin everything for us.

Are there some basic tips that I could use to prevent hackers getting in the database and server?
Sorry for me being noob but I'm trying to learn and have a fun time with my friends in these difficult times.

Hope to hear from you guys :)

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
No one is going to get into your server unless they have some way of accessing your files remotely. DDOS attacks are common and can be prevented by getting a filtered IP or a DDoS protected server. My recommendation is that you check your setup for any suspicious files as it's possible that your files may contain a backdoor, allowing them to access your server remotely.

If you'd like to add me on Discord, Dayz#5319, I'd be happy to make sure your hotel is secure, along with suggestions, if there are things I think you may need to do to prevent these attacks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread