Help (MySQL Wont start on XAMPP)

HabBailey

Sep 18, 2017
How to fix this error?
cu_tcJgfSrG9Es25hXbWXw.png

I need to be able to access localhost/phpmyadmin aswell!

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
You apparently have some type of mysql installed and its running on the same port as xampp's mysql. You need to unistall whatever mysql u have installed and it should start. Go to your control panel > unistall a program > and unistall mysql

HabBailey

Sep 18, 2017
What have you done to try and fix the issue? Have you Google'd the error message?
Yeah, I have tried googling, youtubing, checking the Apache Friends website, asking others. None of it has worked :/

You apparently have some type of mysql installed and its running on the same port as xampp's mysql. You need to unistall whatever mysql u have installed and it should start. Go to your control panel > unistall a program > and unistall mysql
Will it fuck up any programs? My mom works from home on this PC and if anything of her works is deleted she is fucked.

Yeah, I have tried googling, youtubing, checking the Apache Friends website, asking others. None of it has worked :/

Will it fuck up any programs? My mom works from home on this PC and if anything of her works is deleted she is fucked.
Aswell, idk what MySQL to unistall look;

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017

Aswell, idk what MySQL to unistall look;
Did your mom install those or did u? If those are your moms for work or something then i wouldnt delete any. You could just change xampps mysql port to something different but u would have to google how and probably wouldnt be worth it because u gotta change it in the emu config etc

In your case the best answer would be just to get a vps (virtual private server) sells really cheap but good vps

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
Hey try uninstalling that XAMPP and download and install this other version of XAMPP instead
Dont, thats a waste of time and clearly not the issue bro. If u look at the error it says another mysql program is running on port 3306 so xampp mysql wont start

HabBailey

Sep 18, 2017
The link Mikee provided didnt not help, i tried switching ports. Anyone wanna give it a go on TV? Remember, i need /phpmyadmin to work aswell :)

HabBailey

Sep 18, 2017
make another user account on your computer and use that acc to setup your retro
I'm sort of new to MySQL and programming, could you maybe link me to a tutorial to show me how to do this?

Also, will it fuck anything up that i already have on MySQL?

I'm sort of new to MySQL and programming, could you maybe link me to a tutorial to show me how to do this?

Also, will it fuck anything up that i already have on MySQL?
Never mind, i got it thanks

Sep 16, 2017
Do you have any applications running like Skype? If you do so, you need to close it.

EDIT:
Or try this, Open up Task Manager. Find the mysql.exe then end task it.
Then try starting it up.

Queso

echo 'Web Developer';
Nov 29, 2016
@HabBailey no, Task Manager is what holds all your processes, you can open this by right clicking your task bar and pressing 'Task Manager,' or you can use CTRL + ALT + DEL to open your start control panel, then press Task Manager.

@HabBailey if you don't understand, just PM me your Teamviewer details, i'll see if I can help.

HabBailey

Sep 18, 2017
I wouldn't do anything in case you do mess up any of your mums work, just buy a vps or make a new account
I tried making a new account and it didn't work, everytime i downloaded XAMPP it made me type in the password for my moms account to donwload something and even when I did that MySQL still did not start. I don't want a real retro right now I just want a private one for me and 2-3 friends.

Gang67

|Jump out gang, we jump out those vehicles|
May 5, 2017
I tried making a new account and it didn't work, everytime i downloaded XAMPP it made me type in the password for my moms account to donwload something and even when I did that MySQL still did not start. I don't want a real retro right now I just want a private one for me and 2-3 friends.
use iis?

Joshhh

Apr 13, 2016
Try this;
  1. Open Task Manager > Services Tab
  2. Find "mysqlweb" service > right-click it to stop service
  3. Launch Xampp again

Users who are viewing this thread