[HELP] Email Provider [HELP]

Syrup

Freelance Developer
Oct 4, 2014
Hello DevBest,

My name is Rohan and I'm not too known in the forums, I want to be an Email Provider but don't know quite where to start off. If anyone would want to start this with me or work with me it would be well appreciated and I will cover most of the funding. If not can you please provide me the following:

-What I'll Need
-How much of them will I need to start off with
-Will I need Webhosting?
-Will I need Dedicated IP's, or VPS'
-Is there any email portals editable or will I need to code my own? (Not Like RoundCube etc need it fully editable including branding and such)
-How do I store my client's' data? Will I need more then SQL, Oracle etc.
-How would I code my own own email portal/main website? (If applicable)
-How would I create an automatic-making email script
-"Estimated" How much money would it take to execute Operation BoipMail?

Thanks it advance!
-Rohan
("And Please Don't Reply With "Don't Try" or "You don't know how so don't try"! Because everyone didn't know how at one point!")

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
If you don't know how to do it, why would you even attempt? This will do nothing but fail, even if you knew what you were doing.

No one would trust a random kid online with their emails.

Syrup

Freelance Developer
Oct 4, 2014
If you don't know how to do it, why would you even attempt? This will do nothing but fail, even if you knew what you were doing.

No one would trust a random kid online with their emails.
Every big email provider was small at once, and every tech at those provider's didn't know how at once. But they learnt and that's what I'm trying to do. That's why.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
Every big email provider was small at once, and every tech at those provider's didn't know how at once. But they learnt and that's what I'm trying to do. That's why.
Yes, they do start off small. However, they go in with a good amount of knowledge of the topic, and usually with another well prepared partner/team. It looks like you should really do some research first, discover what other providers offer, and how you can create a unique company that will attract new customers.

Joel

Aspiring Developer
Mar 30, 2014
Do a good bit of research, get better with web coding languages & develop your site. Then you'll have to provide unique features so that you will get customers, otherwise they will just go with bigger hosts.

Users who are viewing this thread