[Help] Adding news article to RevCMS?

BizarreDio

Mar 17, 2018
Currently running a RevCMS site for my retro and wanna know how to add a news article. Skin is titled "habbologic", if that helps.

Kristo

Website & Software Developer
Feb 5, 2015
Currently running a RevCMS site for my retro and wanna know how to add a news article. Skin is titled "habbologic", if that helps.
Do you have housekeeping linked up? If so it can be done through housekeeping. If not then go into your DB and add it though your db.

BizarreDio

Mar 17, 2018
Do you have housekeeping linked up? If so it can be done through housekeeping. If not then go into your DB and add it though your db.
There IS a housekeeping option in my CMS but the only option it has is "secure login" and that takes me to an "object not found" website.

Occult

Oct 14, 2011
As Kristo says, you can manually add news articles in your database. If you can't figure out how to get your housekeeping to work, just do that. Happy to TeamViewer if you need a hand - pm me if so.

BizarreDio

Mar 17, 2018
As Kristo says, you can manually add news articles in your database. If you can't figure out how to get your housekeeping to work, just do that. Happy to TeamViewer if you need a hand - pm me if so.
If I were to add it via the Database, what table would I use specifically? Also, I appreciate the help but the issue is that the server is being hosted on a VPS and I'd rather only keep access to it to the staff.

Also, is there any way I can fix the hk issue? I have the folder but It never seems to work when I connect.

Occult

Oct 14, 2011
If I were to add it via the Database, what table would I use specifically? Also, I appreciate the help but the issue is that the server is being hosted on a VPS and I'd rather only keep access to it to the staff.
Should be in the table 'cms_news' for RevCMS.

BizarreDio said:
Also, is there any way I can fix the hk issue? I have the folder but It never seems to work when I connect.
Object not found generally means that it's taking you to a URL that doesn't exist. In other words, make sure that the path is correct.

BizarreDio

Mar 17, 2018
Should be in the table 'cms_news' for RevCMS.

Hard to decipher the issue with nothing to go off. Any other info you can provide?
I'm willing to show screenshots of my issue + all the code of the files required and, if that isn't useful enough, I can run the retro from my own PC so we can TeamViewer the option. If you're willing to, I can PM my Discord so we can message on there instead.

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
You should probably look into getting your HK working as creating news in db every time get's to be very tiring especially if you ever want staff to write articles also. If you want life to be more difficult pm me and I can help you post an article in db.

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
You should probably look into getting your HK working as creating news in db every time get's to be very tiring especially if you ever want staff to write articles also. If you want life to be more difficult pm me and I can help you post an article in db.
It should be simple enough for him to add it in his DB. It's a case of opening it and adding the information for the article to be posted correctly. I'm struggling to see the difficult behind it.

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
It should be simple enough for him to add it in his DB. It's a case of opening it and adding the information for the article to be posted correctly. I'm struggling to see the difficult behind it.
Not too sure tbh. @BizzareDuo you should probably just make a new thread about getting your HK working properly. Trying to work without an HK is going to make life difficult in the long run of things

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
If you are having issues adding your HK then there is a large amount of tutorials kicking around to assist you. That and a lot of users that would be willing to assist you. If you find a HK you like then usually a small tutorial or guide kicks around with it. If not give us a shout :) @BizarreDio

BizarreDio

Mar 17, 2018
If you are having issues adding your HK then there is a large amount of tutorials kicking around to assist you. That and a lot of users that would be willing to assist you. If you find a HK you like then usually a small tutorial or guide kicks around with it. If not give us a shout :) @BizarreDio
Unable to find any /helpful/ HK fixes and Occult was having trouble fixing the issue too, any clue how to fix?

Users who are viewing this thread