Has snowlight failed?

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
After some users complaining that they cannot get onto uber and that ubers usercount isn't real/valid, do you think snowlight has failed? It crashed at 50 users last time, and now, it's just refusing to work properly. £60 seems like a lot of money to spend on an emulator, especially since it doesn't seem to be working.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
It never crashed at 50 users, it experienced problems with the VPS as it was not able to handle the demand, therefore not the server and the connection manager broke so the count never decreased, only increased when someone new logged on, therefore the CMS not the server. Lastly, I've not seen one person who has not been able to get on ;]

Can I re-iterate a point? It is un-finished and won't be released until August (estimated), uberHotel, the official test hotel is in beta for a reason.

Sorry to say, but I still think it will be successful.

Tr0ll.

Nov 20, 2010
It never crashed at 50 users, it experienced problems with the VPS as it was not able to handle the demand, therefore not the server and the connection manager broke so the count never decreased, only increased when someone new logged on, therefore the CMS not the server. Lastly, I've not seen one person who has not been able to get on ;]

Can I re-iterate a point? It is un-finished and won't be released until August (estimated), uberHotel, the official test hotel is in beta for a reason.

Sorry to say, but I still think it will be successful.

It was so hyped up, and for the first week it was a flop.

You can do all the campaigning and try to tell us it'll be awesome all you want.

The statistics say that Snowlight is a bust already.

Tr0ll.

Nov 20, 2010
They tried selling the source to me for £2000, they want out already.

If you really think about it, you're the reason Roy made Snowlight, He saw you making money off of uber and he wanted some more, so he wastes his time on another emulator instead of getting a job.

Sojobo

Nov 26, 2010
Can't blame him for trying;

DRymt.png

I'll let you do the maths. Otaku has been around since 2006 though so we're well established, it's not something you can achieve in one holiday break lol.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Can't blame him for trying;

DRymt.png

I'll let you do the maths. Otaku has been around since 2006 though so we're well established, it's not something you can achieve in one holiday break lol.

£60 is a LOT for a emulator... You must be stupid to pay that much when you can just purchase a Phoenix lisence for £20 and you recieve a test hotel "Habboon" support, and on top of that a fully working emulator/CMS.

Aaron, you don't have much of a compition in my eyes; Snowlight needs to lower there price for Beta testing maybe £10 and as it progresses then maybe they can charge a little more.

Take my advice people, stick with Phoenix or if you're really good just stick with free Habbo.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
They tried selling the source to me for £2000, they want out already.

Why the fuck would you want to buy the source of them? it just causes more problems for you, stabalising it when you have phoenix working perfectly with regular updates. I have personaly said its gonna be a fail from the start.

1. Meth0d has quit previously, and has also stated in one of his forum posts (or maybe his blog) that he loses interest and needs people like orca to motivate him. (may have been orca that made this comment on the forum)

2. Phoenix is already known, and for the price, most people would pay £20 rather than £60

Meth0ds just got money hungry as he has seen how well phoenix has done, and wants a piece of the cake

Sojobo

Nov 26, 2010
Why the fuck would you want to buy the source of them? it just causes more problems for you, stabalising it when you have phoenix working perfectly with regular updates. I have personaly said its gonna be a fail from the start.

1. Meth0d has quit previously, and has also stated in one of his forum posts (or maybe his blog) that he loses interest and needs people like orca to motivate him. (may have been orca that made this comment on the forum)

2. Phoenix is already known, and for the price, most people would pay £20 rather than £60

Meth0ds just got money hungry as he has seen how well phoenix has done, and wants a piece of the cake
Yep, I wouldn't even pay the £60 licence fee for the source, it's not got anything I haven't or can't do myself.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I personally think it's a big fail, and always will be. Roy's not motivated by himself, doesn't seem like he enjoy doing it, and in the same progress sells snowlight for £60,

And as i have been stating since i heard about snowlight; snowlight'll fail. I'll never leave phoenix unless someone make a better emulator and make it free off charge. Till that happens i'll stay phoenix. (don't believe that'll happen eve as most of the good developers have quit, or put a license on their shit.)

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
I would buy Aaron's emulator instead.

Roy just wants money it's because Aaron pwned and he failed lol.

Kanebrah

May 23, 2011
Aaron would offer future updates, but im aware Roy will just try to sell source & Abandon Project once again, and everyone who Purchased the £60 Plan, will be without no futures updates, and screwed, so yeah, Aaron all the way <3

lolz

Mar 29, 2011
meth0d="kill"

1. Roy sold the source to Aaron for an unknown price.
2. Aaron started coding on the thing who was called "Uber"
3. Aaron had bought the rights from Roy and changed the name to Phenoix EMU
4. Roy is sad and buy 50% of the rights back. Beacuse he found out that Aaron was creating $$ on what he offical made, but sold
5. Aaron agree. and sells back some rights
6. Roy changes the name from Uber to Project SnowLight
---
UPDATE:
Roy has sold, buy, renamed, start coding, sets a desperate price.

Result:
everyone thinks he fails.

Aaron has sold over 1000Licenses, And snowlight will may sell 1 Lisence (a rich asshole is just to stupid to buy it).

20£ is a fair price for Phoenix beacuse you can make 850$/month profit on having a habbo retro. And 60£ is alot for beginners

I just think that Roy wants to get money

OR

He wants to piss Aaron and then sell the Rights to him so he make some $$ AND Aaron can have monopoly

OR

He really just want to challenge Aaron

Anyways, he will fail beacuse Aaron will never buy the rights beacuse everyone is still going to buy phoenix BEACUSE its a more fair price and its better coded. I think that more people prefer Aaron's coding after phoenix release than meth0d's

Sorry for Grammar and spell wrong shit, im norwegain you know. lol

Tr0ll.

Nov 20, 2010
It's pretty obvious of the decision, so unless anyone has another opinion this should be closed.

Verdict
Snowlight will always fail.

Mastah

the funny thing is \r\n i did
Oct 25, 2010
Well the Snowlight isent gonna be alot because of the max price you have to pay for it and if you look at the price of Phoenix then im sure that everyone is going for the Phoenix because its better then snowlight and snowlight is unfinished

Mastah

the funny thing is \r\n i did
Oct 25, 2010
No he changed the large price to 60$ and still isent 35$ good for just an unfinished devlopement

Users who are viewing this thread