Hardstyle and it's evolvement

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011

Alright, so the above trailertrack is one of the examples I am talking about. Honestly, I enjoy listening to hardstyle. Though listening the whole time to the same beats, I love the fact that a lot of artists are "experimenting" with new sounds. Collabrating with other genre's, etc. The outcome (such as the one above), is very pleasent. I wonder what other hardstyle listeners on here think about the changes in the Hardstyle scene.

@Sysode

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Sorry man the notification never came though..

Liking the use of tropical house with hardstyle, sounds pretty cool. Although I don't really like what Headhunterz is doing at the moment, going where the money is to "merge genres"

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Sorry man the notification never came though..

Liking the use of tropical house with hardstyle, sounds pretty cool. Although I don't really like what Headhunterz is doing at the moment, going where the money is to "merge genres"
Honestly, I think that's a prejudgement because a lot of people are calling that. He doesn't look like a man who does it for the money, I haven't even heard one of his songs on the radio or anything like that. Over the time, you can see him go more to another genre. He even had a alternate name (Shino or something like that) where he produced other kinds of songs. If he did it for the money, he'd continue with hardstyle, because he is pissing of a lot of fans with his genre changes.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Honestly, I think that's a prejudgement because a lot of people are calling that. He doesn't look like a man who does it for the money, I haven't even heard one of his songs on the radio or anything like that. Over the time, you can see him go more to another genre. He even had a alternate name (Shino or something like that) where he produced other kinds of songs. If he did it for the money, he'd continue with hardstyle, because he is pissing of a lot of fans with his genre changes.
If he wasnt doing it for the money though wouldn't he have stuck with shino for his house music? He never got much recognition when he did that and his song with hardwell is pretty mainstream. Its hard to tell whether artists do it for the money - look at showtek, they started as hardstyle and now do whatever genre is most popular (although I do like their new song :p)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
If he wasnt doing it for the money though wouldn't he have stuck with shino for his house music? He never got much recognition when he did that and his song with hardwell is pretty mainstream. Its hard to tell whether artists do it for the money - look at showtek, they started as hardstyle and now do whatever genre is most popular (although I do like their new song :p)
I honestly can't see why he would do it for the money, he doesn't look like that kind of person. He's dropping every year in the DJ Mag Top 100, so if he did it for anything else than his own evolvement, he would have sticked with Hardstyle. Continueing with another genre on Headhunterz itself, that's a risk.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I honestly can't see why he would do it for the money, he doesn't look like that kind of person. He's dropping every year in the DJ Mag Top 100, so if he did it for anything else than his own evolvement, he would have sticked with Hardstyle. Continueing with another genre on Headhunterz itself, that's a risk.
Top 100DJ's is stupid though, it isn't about the music it's just the mainstream shit.. But yeah that's a whole other debate :p

I preferred headhunterz older stuff to what he does now but the song you previewed above from noisecontrollers seemed pretty sick.

Feb 10, 2016
Hardstyle is just trying to sound like big house now a days. It ruined everything. If you don't understand that your a god damn idiot. It's not hard to know why either. They got money hungry. This is what happens when it's not about the music anymore.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Hardstyle is just trying to sound like big house now a days. It ruined everything. If you don't understand that your a god damn idiot. It's not hard to know why either. They got money hungry. This is what happens when it's not about the music anymore.
This is one big pile of bullshit. Music always keeps evolving, artists want to try new things. The old raw sound always stays around, you just need to know where to search. Sounds like you are the god damn idiot, following only the mainstream hate. Fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread