Happy Birthday to Habbo!

Blackburn

Apr 6, 2019
Today it is Habbo's 20th birthday. Considering Habbo's Unity client will enter open beta in September, what do you hope for Habbo's future?

I find it kind of fascinating that this game internationally still gets thousands of players every day, and it is 20 years old.

Last edited:

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Today it is Habbo's 20th birthday. Considering Habbo's Unity client will enter open beta in September, what do you hope for Habbo's future?

I find it kind of fascinating that this game internationally still gets thousands of players every day, and it is 20 years old.
they ruined the game a very long time ago lmao

Parsov

May 18, 2016

They had a beta for the new client I believe however it got suspended. Sulake already has games that use Unity (pretty sure Hotel Hideaway does). So I don't think this was some sort of a big move. I think for them to use Unity was the most efficient way as it's easier to find Developers for it and it's widely used. Habbo does in-fact get many users I've witnessed them releasing crackables more often nowadays. Meaning that there are dozens of people buying it hence why they bring new ones every now and then as it's profitable. And them willing to move to a new Platform already shows that there are enough players for Sulake to consider making the move. Within these 20 years Habbo has had a lot of history although maybe sometimes rough it still has one of the most interesting journeys which lead to it being what it is now. There were unnecessary things that Sulake did some of them done unprofessionally and lost many users over these years however not enough for Habbo to get dumped like a few other Flash games. I'm quite happy with Habbo right now so I personally don't think they should change anything.

DDDDec

Tongue Boxing Champion 2023
May 30, 2017
Retros and the older gens ruined the game that's what I'd say, including me with me uncensored comments that I give when I probably shouldn't but it's the net what can u do LMAO

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Retros and the older gens ruined the game that's what I'd say, including me with me uncensored comments that I give when I probably shouldn't but it's the net what can u do LMAO
habbo is too censored, i see why because of the channel 4 incident like 8 years ago

DDDDec

Tongue Boxing Champion 2023
May 30, 2017
Honestly at this point I'd remove all filtering and leave it as free for all whoever takes over wins LMAOOO

Kinda like what aqw did its used to be a kids game but now the older gen like me have taken over and made it toxic as fuck ever since aqw was in beta it was for kids I played the beta and it was shit and full of retarded kids but now it's full of fun and games and funny as memes and it's great aqw get alot of mo ey from their well to expensive packs u literally have to pay £20 just to be good at the game it's toxic overall even the staff are toxic asf sometimes it's kinda funny

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Bruh I quit in 2012 after playing since 03 and I thought the same thing until I started playing again. The game has changed a lot and I definitely wouldn't go into it thinking it's gunna be like old habbo, but it's similar in a lot of good ways and still new. It's like OSRS vs RS3, nostalgia vs actual improvement.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Bruh I quit in 2012 after playing since 03 and I thought the same thing until I started playing again. The game has changed a lot and I definitely wouldn't go into it thinking it's gunna be like old habbo, but it's similar in a lot of good ways and still new. It's like OSRS vs RS3, nostalgia vs actual improvement.
yeah i started playing in 2009 and haven't played frequently in about 8 years, they just changed it too much for me they used to have a balance between buying things & stuff but now it just feels like it's all money hungry

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
yeah i started playing in 2009 and haven't played frequently in about 8 years, they just changed it too much for me they used to have a balance between buying things & stuff but now it just feels like it's all money hungry
I'm a hoarder IRL so the fact that I can use fake money to buy fake stuff and satiate a real feeling, it's lovely. I totally agree it's very much "if you aren't buying stuff why are you playing" kind of but that's almost how habbo always was, like the Bacon hair wars or rooms that people wouldn't talk to you unless you were wearing an HC badge/clothes because you're a filthy norm. Even look at habbo's adverts they almost explicitly say buy coins and furni so you can have friends. It's not even subliminal messaging lol.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
I'm a hoarder IRL so the fact that I can use fake money to buy fake stuff and satiate a real feeling, it's lovely. I totally agree it's very much "if you aren't buying stuff why are you playing" kind of but that's almost how habbo always was, like the Bacon hair wars or rooms that people wouldn't talk to you unless you were wearing an HC badge/clothes because you're a filthy norm. Even look at habbo's adverts they almost explicitly say buy coins and furni so you can have friends. It's not even subliminal messaging lol.
i miss bacon hair era and when HC was the only thing on Habbo, i remember when VIP first came in and we all freaked out because of all the new hair & furniture😂 i miss old habbo :(

Users who are viewing this thread