Flash Habsay Hotel - Join now and become part of a wonderful creation!

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
UPDATES:
- Added lotto
- Changed the way the nux room is created
- Cleaned & added to staff page
- Fixed the startquestion command
- Moved SWFS to a subdomain to organize it all a lil better

Todo:
lots......

UPDATE:
Finally fixed trading..

UPDATES:
Rewriting the backend of the CMS to support the use of multiple databases.

UPDATE:
Russian client coming soon.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
By this, do you mean compatible, and able to switch your client language and it'll show Russian?
Nope :p

UPDATES:
- Moved to a 32gb OVH game dedi, which has been split into VPS's for each language. A master server is used for MySQL.
- Have created an application which loads habsays site, and if it stops responding, it enables cloudflare under attack mode via their APIs.
TO DO:
- Make the application enable captcha rather than the under attack mode.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
To be honest I like the hotel, they always seem to run smoothly whatever project you own.

There's one thing I can't get my head around, the global online users don't match the users online in the new splash screen, it's over double?!

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
To be honest I like the hotel, they always seem to run smoothly whatever project you own.

There's one thing I can't get my head around, the global online users don't match the users online in the new splash screen, it's over double?!
EDIT: There are now 3 hotels my bad

I agree with the running smoothly comment, Josh always does a good job!

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017

because they obviously use a fake user count, lmao put 2+2 together:p

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
Their own splash page numbers in comparison to their "global online" count shows a clear disparity that is ironically exactly x2..?

12329bad8.png

fcf4e2489.png

Liam

discord.gg/hivehub
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Their own splash page numbers in comparison to their "global online" count shows a clear disparity that is ironically exactly x2..?

12329bad8.png

fcf4e2489.png

They also fake votes. Did you notice how they were hitting 400+ votes to beat Rise, magically matching Peaks votes which gets a legit 100+ online then suddenly dropped to 250+ votes when Rise took themselves off FR. Now Rise is back, Habsay are back to almost 400 votes. Noticed NGH and Cabbo also do this. Seems fishy to me.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012

12329bad8.png

fcf4e2489.png
Legit said the same thing a few hours ago, it’s brilliant.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
but obviously findretros staff don't care.
Don't really agree with this. In a situation such as this their tools are pretty limited - if I remember correctly the mods can't even see where votes are coming from so how do you prove that they're boosting without constantly watching a hotels online count which, in itself, is pretty unreliable.

Faking user count doesn't really help the hotel in the long run but it's quite damaging to the already teetering FindRetros.
Shame 'cause otherwise the hotel looks pretty good!

Kay

Feb 3, 2014
Don't really agree with this. In a situation such as this their tools are pretty limited - if I remember correctly the mods can't even see where votes are coming from so how do you prove that they're boosting without constantly watching a hotels online count which, in itself, is pretty unreliable.

Faking user count doesn't really help the hotel in the long run but it's quite damaging to the already teetering FindRetros.
Shame 'cause otherwise the hotel looks pretty good!
I think its debateable to see who is faking and who is real, but I get your point as well. Maybe thats true about limited things they can do, but maybe thats also a discussion thats needed to be had so it can be monitored better and with more care.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
I think its debateable to see who is faking and who is real, but I get your point as well. Maybe thats true about limited things they can do, but maybe thats also a discussion thats needed to be had so it can be monitored better and with more care.
Wess literally came on our hotel twice and made us show him the rooms to prove our user count was legit (and wanted rights/permissions to look around freely in future.. just no)... Completely ridiculous, but they've done stuff like this before.

I personally don't think verifying user counts is necessary, especially considering it's not even put on the FindRetros list. Putting more effort into blocking fake votes is the best way to go forward, but with FR being so small and having such a small pool of hotels, I can see both why it's difficult to do and why it may not really be worth the effort. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it really matters if someone is boosting a few votes. None of the regular hotels are going to grow anyway because the English retro scene is just so stale.

Kay

Feb 3, 2014
Wess literally came on our hotel twice and made us show him the rooms to prove our user count was legit (and wanted rights/permissions to look around freely in future.. just no)... Completely ridiculous, but they've done stuff like this before.

I personally don't think verifying user counts is necessary, especially considering it's not even put on the FindRetros list. Putting more effort into blocking fake votes is the best way to go forward, but with FR being so small and having such a small pool of hotels, I can see both why it's difficult to do and why it may not really be worth the effort. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it really matters if someone is boosting a few votes. None of the regular hotels are going to grow anyway because the English retro scene is just so stale.
Never heard of that being done before... usercount isn't even mentioned on the rules... first time I've heard of that happening and I agree with you.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Nothing to do with Find Retros, not sure how you can compare. Should be fixed in my opinion though, makes the hotel look a cheat and quite bad.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
Votes are not boosted whatsoever. I need the traffic from findretros and would not risk being banned for votes - The votes fluctuate as the turkish hotel seems to rise and fall often, also the russian hotel just launched and we saw a peak in votes due to that - but it's currently down until we sort the UTF-8 issues we're running in to. The russian hotel should get 50 - 100+ after a month or two of running smoothly
Global usercount is boosted x1.5, never hid that and never will so don't know why it's always bought up? It's not against any rules.
Spanish hotel is under dev and is not publicly displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread