Flash HABPOP.NET – Creatively Different

Status
Not open for further replies.

evacroft

Feb 8, 2016
cqFYjPs.png

est October 2017

Habpop Hotel is a retro that was established in October 2017. It was founded by Tristan (roleplay character Eva in-game) and Myles. We did not have a developer until we came across issues with our Alaska emulator, where we met Jeff who began to dev full time. Through word of mouth and extreme buzz on Twitter, we finally launched in November 2017, reaching 100 users and over 1000 page views daily in our first 2 months. In our first two months we also saw ourselves take over the #4 spot on FindRetros, just under Habboon, Rise and PeakRP. We also garnered over 700 followers on our Twitter page where we update our community on releases and more. In January, we decided to close for a short period of time due to the fact we didn't have the energy to keep the hotel updated to it's full potential. We knew reopening would not see success, but we do not want to give up on something that we and hundreds of users love. Due to popular demand, we reopened in February 2018 with 40-50 daily users daily and continued success.

nhZunDO.png

As a Habbo player, I have been playing Habbo since 2006 until I came across Habboon in 2016. I ultimately found Rise Hotel through an advertiser, a hotel that I'm sure everyone knows is known to be custom. I was exposed to custom furniture & clothing and began to design quality clothing for the hotel as well as become staff. We all know how toxic Rise is which led to my departure. During that time, my old friend Myles was running a retro called Hablet, so I knew I had a place to continue to grow. We introduced Custom LTD Clothing by creating shoeboxes and furniture for our clothing, as well as developing them to be considered rares. Hablet closed in Sept 2016 due to personal issues within the owners. As a community, we all moved back to Habboon where I began to introduce and help code their custom clothing, but it wasn't enough for us. We wanted our own retro that we can update and curate ourselves. Through determination, perseverance and as a leader of a community, I took it upon myself to finally open up my own hotel which would be backed up upon custom clothing & creativity through pixel art. This is HABPOP Hotel.

uJWWQOp.png

Habpop offers the bare minimum, the users are there, the catalogue is there, the protection is there. We want to offer you a retro that can be played and enjoyed in your spare time. We want our users to explore their creativity through room building, pixel art, and design. Although we cannot offer you an experience through games and events, it doesn't mean that we aren't open to it, we just have not been exposed to a community of gamers as of yet.

Our custom clothing is used worldwide from retro to retro. Everything we do is non-for-profit because we choose not to react to hotels that take our content and we see it as a compliment. We also launched our notorious custom icons on the taskbar which include an airplane for navigation, credit cards for the shop, an LV bag for the inventory and an iPhone for the friend list.

OUF3EOU.png

nXU1hLh.png

As a new retro with relatively new owners in the retro community, our main goal is to have a respectable community that will watch us grow. As a retro, custom clothing and furniture is our strong point due to the fact our community are all artists. Through this, we want to incorporate them as profitable rares which make the in-game experience fun with trading and selling. Our users enjoy restockable ltd rares and clothing and see it as roleplay. Because our hotel is mostly based on roleplay, our main goal is to one day have the knowledge to incorporate roleplay commands and features a roleplay hotel would have, but to an extent. Our other main goal is to expand our gaming community with events. In the end, we just want to be respected as a community and offer creativity within the retro community.

iBEBsCB.png

Habpop Los Angeles is the centerpiece of our hotel. Each store is curated and designed by our users.
DtWBiZH.png

LViEwWY.png

yMhagvI.png

AkdTzGQ.png

WIjTaZa.png

jzftgXag.png
zvWsRPK.png

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Usually before accepting these threads we check to see if you've read and matched our section rules which can be found .

Please make sure you cover all of the rules, in this case adding more images. If not, the thread will be deleted.

Last edited:

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
What's the link to your hotel, interested to see the features you've implemented.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
What's the link to your hotel, interested to see the features you've implemented.

The sheer time and effort the community around this hotel spends on their pixel art as well as the vast range of customs (p.s the majority of the high quality clothing/hairs you see on big hotels came from people in this community) is really cool. I had a browse through some of the streets, stages and arenas you guys make they're literally so talented.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Registering and having a look around I can understand where @HDN is coming from. Looking in their rooms and instantly people wanting to rip their images and stuff kind of makes me sad but at the same time it's quite an achievement. Good luck :up:

evacroft

Feb 8, 2016
Usually before accepting these threads we check to see if you've read and matched our section rules which can be found .

Please make sure you cover all of the rules, in this case adding more images. If not, the thread will be deleted.
Thank you! Will edit this thread when I get home.

The sheer time and effort the community around this hotel spends on their pixel art as well as the vast range of customs (p.s the majority of the high quality clothing/hairs you see on big hotels came from people in this community) is really cool. I had a browse through some of the streets, stages and arenas you guys make they're literally so talented.

Omg thank you so much! your support has always been so amazing I appreciate it so much, we love Peak.

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
I'd suggest fixing up your cms, although I guess it's not different from other hotels but the idea is. The swf's you replaced fit in place. Good luck!

evacroft

Feb 8, 2016
I'd suggest fixing up your cms, although I guess it's not different from other hotels but the idea is. The swf's you replaced fit in place. Good luck!

yes definitely! its a work in progress, would LOVE to have a new CMS one day thank you <3

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
cqFYjPs.png

est October 2017

Habpop Hotel is a retro that was established in October 2017. It was founded by Tristan (roleplay character Eva in-game) and Myles. We did not have a developer until we came across issues with our Alaska emulator, where we met Jeff who began to dev full time. Through word of mouth and extreme buzz on Twitter, we finally launched in November 2017, reaching 100 users and over 1000 page views daily in our first 2 months. In our first two months we also saw ourselves take over the #4 spot on FindRetros, just under Habboon, Rise and PeakRP. We also garnered over 700 followers on our Twitter page where we update our community on releases and more. In January, we decided to close for a short period of time due to the fact we didn't have the energy to keep the hotel updated to it's full potential. We knew reopening would not see success, but we do not want to give up on something that we and hundreds of users love. Due to popular demand, we reopened in February 2018 with 40-50 daily users daily and continue to see success.

nhZunDO.png

As a Habbo player, I have been playing Habbo since 2006 until I came across Habboon in 2016. I ultimately found Rise Hotel through an advertiser, a hotel that I'm sure everyone knows is known to be custom. I was exposed to custom furniture & clothing and began to design quality clothing for the hotel as well as become staff. We all know how toxic Rise is which led to my departure. During that time, my old friend Myles was running a retro called Hablet, so I knew I had a place to continue to grow. We introduced Custom LTD Clothing by creating shoeboxes and furniture for our clothing, as well as developing them to be considered rares. Hablet closed in Sept 2016 due to personal issues within the owners. As a community, we all moved back to Habboon where I began to introduce and help code their custom clothing, but it wasn't enough. Through determination, perseverance and as a leader of a community, I took it upon myself to finally open up my own hotel which would be backed up upon custom clothing & creativity through pixel art. This is HABPOP Hotel.

uJWWQOp.png

Habpop offers the bare minimum, the users are there, the catalogue is there, the protection is there. We want to offer you a retro that can be played and enjoyed in your spare time. We want our users to explore their creativity through room building, pixel art, and design. Although we cannot offer you an experience through games and events, it doesn't mean that we aren't open to it, we just have not been exposed to a community of gamers as of yet.

Our custom clothing is used worldwide from retro to retro. Everything we do is non-for-profit because we choose not to react to hotels that take our content and we see it as a compliment. We also launched our notorious custom icons on the taskbar which include an airplane for navigation, credit cards for the shop, an LV bag for the inventory and an iPhone for the friend list.

OUF3EOU.png

nXU1hLh.png

As a new retro with relatively new owners in the retro community, our main goal is to have a respectable community that will watch us grow. As a retro, custom clothing and furniture is our strong point due to the fact our community are all artists. Through this, we want to incorporate them as profitable rares which make the in-game experience fun with trading and selling. Our users enjoy restockable ltd rares and clothing and see it as roleplay. Because our hotel is mostly based on roleplay, our main goal is to one day have the knowledge to incorporate roleplay commands and features a roleplay hotel would have, but to an extent. Our other main goal is to expand our gaming community with events. In the end, we just want to be respected as a community and offer creativity within the retro community.

iBEBsCB.png

Habpop Los Angeles is the centerpiece of our hotel. Each store is curated and designed by our users.
DtWBiZH.png

LViEwWY.png

yMhagvI.png

AkdTzGQ.png

hbwSRvK.png
zvWsRPK.png
I'm a rise user. I been there since it opened. I don't consider it toxic although it may be now. I was a moderator when it first opened.

Anyways back on topic,
Has potential and make sure this time you hide your vps ip. Oh love this lengthy thread too

evacroft

Feb 8, 2016
I'm a rise user. I been there since it opened. I don't consider it toxic although it may be now. I was a moderator when it first opened.

Anyways back on topic,
Has potential and make sure this time you hide your vps ip. Oh love this lengthy thread too
from personal experience yeah it's toxic, the owners are only in it for the profits which is such a bad motive imo. they don't care about their users, the owners are manipulative, but yeah thanks for the tips its really appreciated <3

so is this just a normal hotel with a real life kinda twist to it?
it's a really laidback, normal hotel yeah. we do wish to expand, but we're taking babysteps.

Liam

Fly and mighty
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Never been a fan of Habbo's current design. However, your client looks great! I admire your dedication to be unique.

Good luck

evacroft

Feb 8, 2016
Never been a fan of Habbo's current design. However, your client looks great! I admire your dedication to be unique.

Good luck

I KNOW!!!!!!!! i hate it too, its too dark, but it's in place for safety as of now :( and thank you so much Liam x

Ultra

Posting Freak
Jan 7, 2011
This is actually a pretty good take, I really like the Rodeo Drive rooms and such as well. Good job!

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
Sexy thread, sexy hotel, full of sexy users.
With the passion you and your users have, I can see this hotel being something quite special and unique. Keep it up!

P.s I would love to see a roleplay adaptation of this hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread