Habbo's New User Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
Well, after browsing the net, I stumbled across a little something... according to Sulake's Creative Director, Habbo is in progress of releasing a new user interface / client theme.

According to Juho Paasonen, (Ediootti), Habbo will be receiving an update, and it looks quite amazing. Bringing groups, and personal Habbo homes, in-game.

Check it out;

You can also view his Twitter here;

Have fun, that's all for now... Josh.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I had heard that Habbo was getting some sort of "Update".
They're also getting an updated version of another hotels CMS.
I forgot which hotel.

Looks alright, I guess.

Xenous

o shi
Nov 15, 2011
I had heard that Habbo was getting some sort of "Update".
They're also getting an updated version of another hotels CMS.
I forgot which hotel.

Looks alright, I guess.
Habbo.se, if they do the right mixture it can look sexy..

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
Looks nicer than previous versions of flash based Habbo. However, I still prefer the shockwave interface.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I agree.
Shockwave rules.
Not very fond of these new interfaces.

To me this interface looks better in some aspects but in others the complete opposite.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
It looks like gerbil shit, but I like the idea of the in-game Habbo homes.

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
I personally really like it - although I think they're getting closer to eliminating the CMS. I mean, with this UI there will be no point in a CMS - like now when you register for Habbo, you get redirected straight to the client - I hate that. I personally hope they just don't eliminate the CMS - it's my fave thing to develop :D

Christmas

Jul 24, 2011
I personally really like it - although I think they're getting closer to eliminating the CMS. I mean, with this UI there will be no point in a CMS - like now when you register for Habbo, you get redirected straight to the client - I hate that. I personally hope they just don't eliminate the CMS - it's my fave thing to develop :D
Tbh, I think they should do that... cuz I mean, what use will the CMS be when you can have all the features built into the Client and it takes less space, looks much sexier, and the users won't have to take 2 steps to get into the game, just Login... then you're straight into the client instead of logging in then going through the me page then the client :$

Christmas

Jul 24, 2011
It would be a lot harder to customise though.
Wouldn't be a problem, atm we're slowly learning how to edit the SWF.. but in a few more months, it'd be like counting to 3 :]
Its sort of like when they built the first "Beta" server... at first there was hardly any, but then people learnt how to code it :up:

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
Yes, but the thing is... with PHP, you open a file and even a noob can find the text that they want to edit and simply edit it as a text file... editing swfs would be much harder than opening a .php file in notepad.

Christmas

Jul 24, 2011
Yes, but the thing is... with PHP, you open a file and even a noob can find the text that they want to edit and simply edit it as a text file... editing swfs would be much harder than opening a .php file in notepad.
Well they'll just have to deal with it wouldn't they? :]
And unless they learn how to do it, they won't know how to edit the swfs. But Saying that, there will have to be a change in the Habbo Sections, Other users have to teach noobs how to edit SWF's... kinda like passing their legacy onwards. :]
Sorry for my retarded Metaphors.. I seem to have a problem in life.

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
Although, I guess that can be a good thing. We have FAR too many hotels, mostly run by nubs. ;) It will filter out noobs from making horrid hotels that waste good domain names. ;)

Archaos

Flying High.
Oct 4, 2011
Out of all of those I probably like this one the best:

I like it for a number of reasons, first of all because it of it's dynamic graphics and the way they have organised the navigation bar on the top and texture to the bars are just sexy. I also like the idea of adding more of a social networking feel to it, by the looks of the top right it also gives you the option to have your own profile and some more sexy ass features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread