habboon

DizzloEndrit

Sep 23, 2017
does someone know why habboon who is one of the biggest retros still doesnt have a solution after flash removal? i mean there is nitro out there, still they dont use it?

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
I think they're waiting for something more stable.

Pretty sure they once started their own (might be wrong)

But I think once Nitro V2 is released they'll implement it

But I'm sure @Sledmore can explain it if im totally wrong

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
does someone know why habboon who is one of the biggest retros still doesnt have a solution after flash removal? i mean there is nitro out there, still they dont use it?
They already had a very large user base so ig users would of been willing to download their desktop app or even use a different browser that supports flash. Regarding nitro I would say it’s because of it still having bugs but I may be wrong, like @Object said @Sledmore is the best person to give the correct answer :)

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
I'm not sure about Habboon but perhaps it's similar to us, we initially started a client too, as we were concerned that users might not be willing to download a new browser or client to play due to how bad the reputation is of retros.

Once January came around we found that pretty much everyone was willing to either download a client or just use Maxthon browser (which was already popular on Peak) so we decided to drop work on HTML5 and just focus on updates users care more about.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I'm not sure about Habboon but perhaps it's similar to us, we initially started a client too, as we were concerned that users might not be willing to download a new browser or client to play due to how bad the reputation is of retros.

Once January came around we found that pretty much everyone was willing to either download a client or just use Maxthon browser (which was already popular on Peak) so we decided to drop work on HTML5 and just focus on updates users care more about.

Literally this.

--

Was a lot of rumours (I'd constantly be getting screenshots sent my way) that we'd been working on things like Cyclone, or other abandoned HTML5 projects all the way through 2018-2019, and that's just incorrect. We'd spoken about closing numerous times as we're obviously not the kids we once were when this began - we disabled our store for quite sometime whilst we debated on what to do etc.

We never actually began working on an HTML5 alternative until November 2019~ ish, when Shroom was published. So we pretty much made a UI kit of all the elements for the Flash client and made a story book of them whilst Shroom was further developed. Then worked on an HTML5 client using Shroom, modified the emulator and such - which thankfully out of the box works with Nitro, but as January came around it almost seemed like no one cared.

Because of the initial shit show with Habbo, we managed to hit 1,000 users online just with our desktop application, we've got over 40,000 tokens (grouped by user ids) for the desktop app, which means over 40,000 accounts have used it (yes, this includes clones).

Obviously now things are different & we have less users online, but as pointed out above, we spent time refactoring code and improving things. The main focus initially for us was to get things finished we never achieved before from the Flash client before Sulake take it down.

For us, it isn't worth adopting HTML5 yet, as it's additional work - you're always going to have that one user who prefers Nitro/HTML5 alternative and the user who prefers Flash. We have pipelines setup that allow us to update the hotels assets from Habbo without human interaction, and having to modify all that and adjust assets etc will take time.

We're working on rebuilding the hotel before going to HTML5, which will ultimately make our lives easier. Habboon is pretty much autopilot for the most part, all the credit for the last 2 years or so goes entirely to the administrators' & moderators who are truly valued for their commitment to the retro.

But yeah, we literally had no faith in our desktop app at all initially, and were just constantly blown away that people actually played & used it - so here we are today.

We will eventually use Nitro, it's a great project and the dedication from the author is admirable, but also the contributors too.

Sorry, that was a lot longer than I intended, but should clear it up. ^^

Billsonnn

developer
Jun 19, 2011
We will eventually use Nitro, it's a great project and the dedication from the author is admirable, but also the contributors too.

not u saying that

v2 will include a lot of improvements with a great redesign, I think this will in return have a lot more people adding Nitro to their hotel. It's much more performant, less buggy and easier to reskin over the Angular version.

We recognize all the issues and complaints that currently exist from both developers & users of Nitro and hope to solve all these issues with the new release. We've only been working on this version since April but most of the groundwork was already done in Angular, we just had to port it to React but did change quite a bit of code.

We are nearing completion of the new client and are excited to show it soon!

Nigo

Jun 25, 2020
not u saying that

v2 will include a lot of improvements with a great redesign, I think this will in return have a lot more people adding Nitro to their hotel. It's much more performant, less buggy and easier to reskin over the Angular version.

We recognize all the issues and complaints that currently exist from both developers & users of Nitro and hope to solve all these issues with the new release. We've only been working on this version since April but most of the groundwork was already done in Angular, we just had to port it to React but did change quite a bit of code.

We are nearing completion of the new client and are excited to show it soon!
legacy + sneakie peak pls

Users who are viewing this thread