habbobeta.pw - Multi revision hotel testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuklaaVene

Jul 18, 2014
627059cb7399bfb6e91ebf9b619e631e.gif

Standalone FastFood:

About the project

The project was started on May 2015 starting creating emulator called Skylight from scratch. The motivation between this was the emulators that was available was not in my opinion good. I was developing phoenix emulator about one year and try to make it beter as I was fan of r63a. This was frustration procress trying to work with decompiled source and badly implemented features. After that I feed up on the phoenix and decided to give up and just start my own project. The first ready for production version was made in about a year from starting the project as I had quit the project many times for lack of motivation. The emulator was working very well after some stablity & bug fixes done after the first month and was holding 50+ users with very little power. After that started the second part that I had planed from very beginning; Make the emulator support multiple different revisions with same database and even with all users inside the hotel. This feature is not yet ready for production but the motivation behind opening this hotel is to save my time to spent hours and hours testing same feature over and over with different clients solo & same time. Feedback is also more then welcome.

Goals
  • Stable & Best performance with low power consuming
  • Secure, no exploits
  • Make "completed" emulator
  • Support up to SIX different revisions; r14, r26, r35, r63a, r63b, r63c (new UI, bolded ones are already implemented)
  • Use 100% correct packets to provide best & fast experience
    • This can already been seen with how fast the inventory works, supports up to 10k items with just few seconds of lag at first open! Includes buying 10k items at once too. CRAZY FAST!
Features
Every revision should already support every basic function. Below are listed only the "special" features
  • Emulator
    • Secure, harmful exploits should be impossible
    • Fully working Freeze, just like on Habbo
    • Fully working BattleBanzai, just like on Habbo
    • Fully working football, just like on Habbo
    • All wireds
      • Minus bot wireds due to emulator targetting only r63a at first point, will be added later on
    • All achievements Habbo has
      • Few are still missing but they will be added later on
  • r26
    • Swiming pools
    • Wobble Squabble
    • Game hall
      • TicTacToe
      • More will be added later on
  • r63a
    • Only quests missing

Last edited:

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Looks good, a fair bit buggy though couldn't seem to navigate through rooms.

Did something like this a while ago (r63a and r63b only), but gave up. I'm curious does the r26 revision actually communicate with the newer revisions or not? I know it's possible, but that seems like more work than it's worth. So I'm curious does it actually work or nope?

SuklaaVene

Jul 18, 2014
Looks good, a fair bit buggy though couldn't seem to navigate through rooms.

Did something like this a while ago (r63a and r63b only), but gave up. I'm curious does the r26 revision actually communicate with the newer revisions or not? I know it's possible, but that seems like more work than it's worth. So I'm curious does it actually work or nope?
Basic functions that exited back then works fine, the navigator is bit limited on r26, the three "random rooms" and then all rooms by category. Can still navigate thought rooms. items works what did exit back then. Messenger fully works. Trading is not yet done so cant say anything about that. Games dont work but some hacky BattleBall port eill be done. Wobble Squabble is planed for r63a :3

Elijah

<?php die($you);
Mar 2, 2013
This looks really nice, I love the idea of being able to choose which version I can play in. Personally I'd love to play a retro that's as popular as the page ones but in v14.
Hope it comes true and I really can play it, I would love you forever.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Cool idea, I know the IDK dev is working on a similar concept right now.

Good luck

Core

Nov 10, 2016
I love the idea of multiple versions <3 xD

Good job it's called HabboBeta though ;)
ed0e175a0d5248dbad73c508c51b9b6e.png

Coltz

habbotard
Jun 12, 2016
I'm very fascinated by this idea. This is something you don't see very often throughout the Retro community. Good luck.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Seems like a very good idea and could work. Although, personally I think it would be best just to do 2, R63A and R63B. That's just my opinion though. Anyhow, good luck with this. It looks amazing so far.

SuklaaVene

Jul 18, 2014
Just updated emulator and fixed r63b. Looks like I haven't updated it very long time and was missing alot packets + breaking emulator :D Also I took small look why some rooms are broken on r26 and looks like the models are hard coded and dont support custom models but still requires emulator to send its model data etc; here is funny picture

11582ef64bd29019b191737a7a1d4abd.png

Core

Nov 10, 2016
Just updated emulator and fixed r63b. Looks like I haven't updated it very long time and was missing alot packets + breaking emulator :D Also I took small look why some rooms are broken on r26 and looks like the models are hard coded and dont support custom models but still requires emulator to send its model data etc; here is funny picture

11582ef64bd29019b191737a7a1d4abd.png

Lmao, are you actually able to walk off-map? or do you get stuck,
In before habbo just uses images for rooms and not rendering

SuklaaVene

Jul 18, 2014
Lmao, are you actually able to walk off-map? or do you get stuck,
In before habbo just uses images for rooms and not rendering
Ye bcs its handled server side. Its weird how the rooms just has images but the heightmap is sended to client and it generates those tiles :D

Small update on progress; I have been doing some performance tweaks all around emu. With 500 bots moving all around the room takes about 10ms to progress and moving 50 items 100 times on one room tick takes about 20ms so thats pretty decent. Im not done tho and I hope I could cut off time even more :)

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Looks like a quite unique and nice development, good luck.

Just wondering how it actually functions, does the user still require shockwave to play the earlier revisions or has it been tweaked so that they all run on flash?

SuklaaVene

Jul 18, 2014
Looks like a quite unique and nice development, good luck.

Just wondering how it actually functions, does the user still require shockwave to play the earlier revisions or has it been tweaked so that they all run on flash?
Yes they do require shockwave. The emulator detects the client revisions and sends the correct packet to the client

Liam

trust nobody
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Looks nice, always liked the idea of multiple versions. Good luck :)

SuklaaVene

Jul 18, 2014
Been a while since anything done for this project. I lost motivation for while on this project but today I got something new for you guys. I have added FastFood to the r63b version.

Technical stuff:
The FastFood server itself is different program and does not even know the existent of emulator. The communication between emulator and FastFood server is transfered using TCP connection. I made small .dll file that contains the "API" so it can freely be used in any C# application. Two methods to connect & authenicate and one for user authenication. The server supports multiple hotels inside same server & game. User data, settings etc is individual to every hotel and they can not be accessed by other hotels. If anyone is interested to get FastFood working on their hotel you may contact me and get hands on the API .dll file to connect my FastFood server. Also I can help to guide how to implement it and get stuff working properly. Sadly the disadvantage is when my server goes down so does your FastFood. I don't plan to release the server yet... If your emulator is coded in different langauge you may also contact me as I can help out and give details about the protocol.

EDIT:
Standalone client WTFF??!???

Last edited:

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Been a while since anything done for this project. I lost motivation for while on this project but today I got something new for you guys. I have added FastFood to the r63b version.

Technical stuff:
The FastFood server itself is different program and does not even know the existent of emulator. The communication between emulator and FastFood server is transfered using TCP connection. I made small .dll file that contains the "API" so it can freely be used in any C# application. Two methods to connect & authenicate and one for user authenication. The server supports multiple hotels inside same server & game. User data, settings etc is individual to every hotel and they can not be accessed by other hotels. If anyone is interested to get FastFood working on their hotel you may contact me and get hands on the API .dll file to connect my FastFood server. Also I can help to guide how to implement it and get stuff working properly. Sadly the disadvantage is when my server goes down so does your FastFood. I don't plan to release the server yet... If your emulator is coded in different langauge you may also contact me as I can help out and give details about the protocol.

EDIT:
Standalone client WTFF??!???

Damn, that standlone is cool, had no idea you could do that. Did you have to edit the SWF at all? Will try this when I get home, quite interesting.

SuklaaVene

Jul 18, 2014
Damn, that standlone is cool, had no idea you could do that. Did you have to edit the SWF at all? Will try this when I get home, quite interesting.
I did not edit anything. If you are interested PM me and I can send you the PHP file that I am using. Just drop it to your localhost and you are set to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread