HabboAPI | NodeJS | AngularJS | Arcturus | Translation System

Billsonnn

developer
Jun 19, 2011
HabboAPI
a content management system written in node & angular using es6 for arcturus emulator

DEMO AVAILABLE:
GITHUB:
NPM:
documentation coming soon

about
HabboAPI is a powerful open source content management system for Arcturus Emulator. The system is created on top of NodeJS & AngularJS. The backend "HabboAPI Server" handles various REST calls to return JSON data. This server handles all server side functions including authentication, session management, hotel services for groups, profiles, rooms, statistics, & users. Included is also compatibility with Arcturus Emulators rCRON system. With this we can include features like friend request, follow user, enter room, and various other tasks. The frontend "HabboAPI CMS" is built on top of AngularJS. Angular is the template engine for this system and no HTML is handled on the server. Everything is compiled and bundled for the CMS into two files (habbo-api.css & bundle.js) which we get from using gulp. HabboAPI CMS has tons of unique features. Most notably being the ability to run the client right within the CMS. The client will continue to run in the same browser window even while navigating to other pages throughout the CMS. HabboAPI is the next generation in Habbo CMS.

requirements
  • Nodejs v7.x
  • NPM
  • MySQL Server

installation
  • the latest zip
  • create a new folder and extract the zip to it
  • Open config.json & constants.js and modify the keys to your desired settings.
  • open command prompt / terminal in root / sudo mode and navigate to the folder you extracted the zip to
  • run npm install -g [email protected] [email protected]
  • run npm install
  • import habboapi.sql to your mysql database
  • run gulp build
  • finally to start the server, run npm start

features
  • me page
  • community page
  • staff page
  • settings page
  • profile page
  • group page
  • room page
  • users online
  • ban system

faqs
  • what emulator does HabboAPI CMS support?
    • habboapi is made for the arcturus emulator database. although with some modifications to the database models this system could be coded for other databases.
  • what password encryption does HabboAPI CMS use?
    • habboapi uses bcrypt with salts to hash passwords. therefore md5, sha1 etc do not work. modifications to habboapi that change the algorithm is not officially supported, but could easily be done if needed.
  • how do I make modifications to angularjs & the templates?
    • all code for the frontend can be found in the src folder. it is not recommended to make any changes to any of the modules contained here. instead, create a new module and require it into the main app module in app.js. all templates are located in src/views
    • if you make any changes to the src folder you must rebuild the project for your changes to take effect. to do this just open command prompt / terminal and navigate to the folder where habboapi is located and run gulp build. also be sure to restart habboapi.

Last edited:

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Now this is something really great, glad to see the community is finally moving on.I had a quick glimpse at the demo provided and don't get me wrong the design is beautiful but how about you go with the old generic Habbo template?Is that something you would do later on in the future or is it meant for us to do it ourselves?
It's a bit a slower than the average Rev but it's still really awesome, thank you for the share!

Billsonnn

developer
Jun 19, 2011
I currently have no interest in designing a template for the "generic" Habbo look. The point of this is that it isn't your typical Habbo CMS and it's meant to stand out. As for speed the VPS it's on is shit so that's why that runs so slow. Thank you for the compliment!

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
Majority of the people don't even know what back-end is, don't get me wrong i love what you did with Node but make it more average retro owner friendly and i know it'll be a big success.

Billsonnn

developer
Jun 19, 2011
Majority of the people don't even know what back-end is, don't get me wrong i love what you did with Node but make it more average retro owner friendly and i know it'll be a big success.

And how exactly do I make it more average friendly? I'm all for making changes as I want people to be using this. I've put a lot of time and effort into making it what it is now. I don't think I will be putting effort into a different template anytime soon. I just started working on the housekeeping part of it. Hopefully someone that knows JavaScript and angular will come along that would be willing to make some other templates. I made it very easy to add more pages, add things to the navigation, customize each different component. Since everything for the site is done client side it's easy to make modifications without worrying about screwing up the server end.

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
And how exactly do I make it more average friendly? I'm all for making changes as I want people to be using this. I've put a lot of time and effort into making it what it is now. I don't think I will be putting effort into a different template anytime soon. I just started working on the housekeeping part of it. Hopefully someone that knows JavaScript and angular will come along that would be willing to make some other templates. I made it very easy to add more pages, add things to the navigation, customize each different component. Since everything for the site is done client side it's easy to make modifications without worrying about screwing up the server end.
Hmm have a look what's trending in the retro world now, go for something Habbo-ish at least for now.When the CMS starts getting used people will start making their own templates, their own edits.You just need to get it rolling it is a good CMS indeed.

GageDodd

Sep 30, 2014
This looks really great! maybe add some more of a transitions between when you click the nav buttons. and also try to add something on the me page like a radio or something that can even out the latest user, and the latest room or make it even out with what you have, i think that will make it look alot more cleaner. on the staff page try adding something to the right of the staff members, like maybe a brief information about them, or something like that, be creative!. and also i see the nav bar is a bit longer to the right of everything, try either evening it out, or make the left side a bit longer to even it out, either way it will look very great! but overall, i see after i log in that if you click your profile picture, it will show up your basic account information etc. maybe add a down arrow, because most people, will not know that is their, Also, maybe add when you click on the online users itll take you to a list of who is online, (and add the arrow underneith. I also like on the client whenever you load it, and it has a popup saying youve been disconnected. i like the style of it! i really like this, i like that its not like every other habbo retro cms out their!

Last edited:

Billsonnn

developer
Jun 19, 2011
This looks really great! maybe add some more of a transitions between when you click the nav buttons. and also try to add something on the me page like a radio or something that can even out the latest user, and the latest room or make it even out with what you have, i think that will make it look alot more cleaner. on the staff page try adding something to the right of the staff members, like maybe a brief information about them, or something like that, be creative!. and also i see the nav bar is a bit longer to the right of everything, try either evening it out, or make the left side a bit longer to even it out, either way it will look very great! but overall, i see after i log in that if you click your profile picture, it will show up your basic account information etc. maybe add a down arrow, because most people, will not know that is their, Also, maybe add when you click on the online users itll take you to a list of who is online, (and add the arrow underneith. I also like on the client whenever you load it, and it has a popup saying youve been disconnected. i like the style of it! i really like this, i like that its not like every other habbo retro cms out their!

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to look into those! Can you provide a screenshot of the navbar being longer to the right? I've never noticed that before!

Not gonna lie this is nice, I like how responsive it is and how quickly you can navigate between pages.

Thank you!

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
I just had a full visit to your demo,absolutely loving it.The entire thing is really well organised, great job on that.With room forwarding,user & guild profiles really resembles the new HabboWEB.
Speaking of user & group profiles, could you make it a little easier to navigate through them all, something like a search function or a holder with top/random groups?Or just allow me to click @ these.
nsKsDas.png

Obviously you're missing the promo/news holder can't wait to see what you're gonna do with that.Cheers m8.
Quick question how are you doing the room forwarding, FlashInterface maybe? :p

Last edited:

Billsonnn

developer
Jun 19, 2011
I just had a full visit to your demo,absolutely loving it.The entire thing is really well organised, great job on that.With room forwarding,user & guild profiles really resembles the new HabboWEB.
Speaking of user & group profiles, could you make it a little easier to navigate through them all, something like a search function or a holder with top/random groups?Or just allow me to click @ these.
nsKsDas.png

Obviously you're missing the promo/news holder can't wait to see what you're gonna do with that.Cheers m8.
Quick question how are you doing the room forwarding, FlashInterface maybe? :p

Thank you! I was already planning on a search feature just have to work out the correct way to do it. The room forwarding is actually done with rCRON. I would LOVE to use FlashInterface but I sadly have tried and tried again and can not figure out how to do it that way, the only thing I am using FlashInterface for is the detection of client disconnect, logout click & character settings click. I will look into adding random users / groups today. My current plans include adding a "Top Stats" page which will include top credits, top groups(most members), top rooms(highest score), and possibly some other data (let me know). Also I will be including the ability to send friend requests right from the CMS (got TheGeneral to add a rCRON for it :p) I'm also thinking on the me page to include your last 4 or 5 visited rooms. Another one that's really a long shot is to make an activity thingy like Facebook has. This will include rooms created, rooms visited, groups created, groups joined, logins, friendships & trades. Thats a big one so don't expect that anytime soon.

Everyone, please let me know of feature ideas!

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
Thank you! I was already planning on a search feature just have to work out the correct way to do it. The room forwarding is actually done with rCRON. I would LOVE to use FlashInterface but I sadly have tried and tried again and can not figure out how to do it that way, the only thing I am using FlashInterface for is the detection of client disconnect, logout click & character settings click. I will look into adding random users / groups today. My current plans include adding a "Top Stats" page which will include top credits, top groups(most members), top rooms(highest score), and possibly some other data (let me know). Also I will be including the ability to send friend requests right from the CMS (got TheGeneral to add a rCRON for it :p) I'm also thinking on the me page to include your last 4 or 5 visited rooms. Another one that's really a long shot is to make an activity thingy like Facebook has. This will include rooms created, rooms visited, groups created, groups joined, logins, friendships & trades. Thats a big one so don't expect that anytime soon.

Everyone, please let me know of feature ideas!
You just gave me an virtual orgasm all these features are really nice.Not sure if i have any other ideas as you pretty much covered everything. :p

Billsonnn

developer
Jun 19, 2011
i look at this more and more, and the index reminds me of a older version of zaps cms
Is that good or bad? :p I switched up the transitions as you asking about before. Community page has more info & staff page has a content box to the right. Still working on more features.

GageDodd

Sep 30, 2014
it was a good cms, was wondering if you just edited it very much. and do you have skype, id like to work on a project with u

Billsonnn

developer
Jun 19, 2011
I got some new updates!

Most excitingly I have included a ban check / ban page system. Currently this only checks for user bans & not ip bans, but it is still perfectly functional. When a ban happens in the client and you disconnect the CMS will load you right into the ban page and checks the expiration. This page is very plain right now, if anyone has some ideas let me know.

7NCBBHM.png

I have also updated the community page by adding some functionality
aGDEoWj.png

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
I noticed you're using Wesleys EMU client side, is this random or is it only Arcturus compatible?

Users who are viewing this thread