Habbo UI - Illumina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
So I recently randomly found some images on Google Images and found a pretty neat UI that I thought first was a custom concept from other habbotards - but actually I found out it's official concepts by Sulake.

pgMW2.png

XqGs3.png

Wgx1o.png

t85VW.jpg

What do you think about the UI?

My personal thought is it looks really slick. We've seen many UI changes recently, which has gone from good to bad to worse - but this time they try to make it more combined and give better user experience. Does it loose the "Habbo"-ish UI? Well yes, but why not try something new. We've seen too many pixels and it's not fitting with the new web as it did with the old. We get to see many websites nowadays, using new techniques to make better looking sites and since Sulake is a company that generally develop on the web, they should not be behind the technology.

If you have any more images of this, that is not of those above - please share and give your thoughts :)

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Still looks habbo-ish, got the Habbo Avatars and the group badge, top bar too, it's pre amazing, surprised no one has tried to do this on their own SWF yet.

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
I'm slowly working upon this, once Habbo hits Illumnina i'll update id's, crack swf, and release Rev. I really like the console design, they used the old concept :)

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
All of these are implemented, these ones:
F5BA7.png

m0QZK.png

And the Habbo Helper System on Alpha testing:
BsxhC.png

C5rez.png

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
Habbo Guides live:
20120607074412712.png

20120607074432613.png

20120607074445565.png

There is also other illumina stuff on the hotel - the change your name box etc.

idfk

Oct 6, 2011
lol turns out this was released or was in development on early march?

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
Yes, It has been known about for a long time.

Developers say it will not al change at once, instead they will change certain parts at a time. For example - they just did the help tool.

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
dont get me wrong it's cool, but that's not habbo anymore. it changed too much. tell me everything needs change and i might agree for the most part, but i won't play that, as I don't play habbo since it's in flash.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Reminds me a bit of KDE..
Looks really nice and smooth, much better than the old UI's :)

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
Things change, deal with it.

It looks a lot more modern and more interesting..

You think I dont know that? Yes things change, some for the best and some for the worse. imo habbo is for the worse. no wonder why they lost so many users and had to merge hotels, it's for the simple fact people lose interest.

it's like MySpace. It could have a really sick user interface, but it doesnt change the fact that it's lame, even if at once it was the cool website to visit.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
For one, MySpace doesn't really have a greater design than more used social networks out there (imo). But Habbo Illumina looks not just more modern, but also a lot more mature. Yes it was fun with all the pixel font (Volter) and that, but I really think this is one of the updates that will make Habbo "bigger" in it's view.

I have always hated the updates since the beta and up to now, trust me I haven't been on for years because of that, but with this change, it could be a lot more fun to play for players both new and old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread