[HABBO] Habbo Retros are old news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AresCJ

Feb 8, 2011
Reason for me making this thread is only because when you visit the retro private server site /f334, you see plentiful amounts of retros, correct? Now you see all the descriptions are about the same, and yes I do go on the threads and read the threads just to see how different these hotels are, and I realized that all these hotels are the same.

* Same servers/content management sites being users
* Same features in the servers and etc

Just some pointers that I really do look at all the time, I mean the graphics and everything else is "outside the box". I would think Habbo Retros are meant for competition, not to make them just because a server is stable or a CMS looks good and workable. Habbo Retros are meant in my opinion for more creativity and competition as well, as you noticed Nillus made a hotel, using Woodpecker and his own simple site built also by him. That's what I mean by creativity, making your own server, or if you're gonna use a server as a base, add a lot of creativity (like RP for example). That's how you become a "odd hotel owner", and people will notice you from that expense and will try yours out before they try a Holo, Phoenix, or Uber hotel out.

OPINIONS are welcome
FLAMES are as well, and they'll be politely ignored & reported.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
No I wouldn't say there old news, they maybe are for us because we're getting old for Habbo but again you get new users registering wanting to start creating new Habbo Hotels, and Habbo itself has millions of users registered and spending so much on it.

It's just us what I think personally; Some hotels are different and some offer different types of features there was one time when Retro's were all different now I believe there all the same.

habbz

Custom Title bitchssssssss
Nov 12, 2010
I have too agree, retros now are basically the same now, its sad. we need to come up with our own habbo hotel version. insead of like r63 or v26 ect. some one needs to make like a new everything.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
The retro scene is actually dead now, hardly any good coders out there, that'll make a decent public server. However, there are some upcoming projects (Lemon, Duck, BlackBird) that'll probably change the scene.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
By no means are they old news - just look at the record high online counts. But as a result of that, I think that the community has lost its way, as these high user bases allow for money, cutting off new community-based projects, etc. It's much easier to purchase a stable emulator, and run it, then actually develop something yourself. But retros themselves aren't going anywhere, anytime soon.

Ari

Sep 29, 2010
In a year or so habbo will develop into a new version and maybe a whole new system which none of us will beable to catch up with

Tbh I think habbo will become a pc video game soon that you have to pay for membership on

xTerra

Slut Muffin :]
Oct 8, 2011
For some I can see why they call Retros "Old News" but to be honest the community moves nowhere but foward in developing, programming and coding new CMS, DCRS, SWFS, Emulators and much much more..

Kayte

Living La Dolce Vita.
Apr 19, 2011
Hotels are not actually 'old news' even though they may have been around for some time.
For example, I still play them. It's not really old news.
Also, they're here to 'amuse' the users, I wouldn't say they all have rivalry even though users do seem to advertise on other retros...

But yeah, I sorta Agree to what you're saying. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread