Habbo & Flash

Menkz

Jul 9, 2010
It seems Google Chrome will be pushing an update to force-disable flash, and moving on to html5 for good.
Do you think they are scared or prepared for their move (if it happens) to HTML5
Habbo recently posted this 'newsie':

ALLOWING FLASH PLAYER ON GOOGLE CHROME
Over the next couple of months, Google Chrome is being moved over to HTML5. If you use Chrome, it means that unless you set it to allow Flash Player on our website, you won't be able to play Habbo.

WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
At some point over the next several weeks, Google Chrome users may be asked to allow, install or update Flash when trying to log into Habbo, and will be provided with a link. Click on this link and one of two things will happen:

1. If the computer you are using DOES have Flash installed, Chrome will ask you to either block or allow it. Make sure you click on allow!
  2. If the computer you are using doesn't have Flash installed, you will be prompted to download it. Install it and then try logging into Habbo again (making sure to click allow when asked if you want to run Flash or not).
WHAT TO DO IF YOU BLOCK FLASH BY ACCIDENT:
If you click 'block' by accident, you'll have to go into Chrome's settings to unblock Flash. Please follow the below instructions:

1. In the top right hand corner of your browser window, click the three dots arranged in a vertical position, then click on Settings.
  2. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  3. Under "Privacy", click Content settings.
  4. Find the "Flash" section.
  5. Choose Manage exceptions.
  6. Type '[*.]habbo.com' into the box at the bottom and click "Done".
  7. Restart Chrome and log in to Habbo!
-Habbo Staff

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
They're most likely just going to wait and see how much it effects them, if it effects them too much then they will start to consider moving to HMTL5. Personally I don't see them switching, nor do I think it will effect them too much.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Well Flash is deprecated, but I don't think it will ever be ditched from browsers as a lot of websites still uses Flash.
Maybe in 5 or 10 years it'll never be used.
I hope they'll ditch it completely, so we can get less garbage hotels.

LaPatron

Smile, because it confuses people.
Nov 23, 2017
Well Flash is deprecated, but I don't think it will ever be ditched from browsers as a lot of websites still uses Flash.
Maybe in 5 or 10 years it'll never be used.
I hope they'll ditch it completely, so we can get less garbage hotels.

Adding to this..

cb80708ac5c25c9e3984c54d9b37e79e.png

Adobe will stop supporting its Flash Player browser plug-in by the end of 2020

Source:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread