Habbo ditching flash soon confirmed

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
It'd be cool if the UI elements were just HTML sitting on top of the game, and you could alter it with Chrome extension for instance.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Not really liking the look of it one bit.. don't think mobile gaming is the future for Habbo retros. It's just clunky, and annoying.

Then again, nothing stopping us adopting the new client and just implementing a more desktop friendly UI (like that one) ourselves if Habbo is going down that route?

cammy

May 15, 2014
Not really liking the look of it one bit.. don't think mobile gaming is the future for Habbo retros. It's just clunky, and annoying.

Then again, nothing stopping us adopting the new client and just implementing a more desktop friendly UI (like that one) ourselves if Habbo is going down that route?
HoloHotel :)

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
As above states, the new client looks centred to the mobile version of Habbo. I personally don't like it and I feel that a lot of people will obviously check out the new Habbo2020, however, I feel like a lot of individuals will end up quitting because of this dramatic change. Moreover, I think that retros will become more popular at the current version and updated to HTML5 when Java ends because of this situation.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
As above states, the new client looks centred to the mobile version of Habbo. I personally don't like it and I feel that a lot of people will obviously check out the new Habbo2020, however, I feel like a lot of individuals will end up quitting because of this dramatic change. Moreover, I think that retros will become more popular at the current version and updated to HTML5 when Java ends because of this situation.
this ^^

harambe

Donator
Dec 3, 2018
Honestly don’t care lol. Everything has to come to an end at one point. I think it’s time for this community to move onto some other stuff. Habbo/Retros were fun while they lasted but they will never be the same anymore. No matter how much the community tries to keep it alive or keep it from dying, it’s time for it to end.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Honestly don’t care lol. Everything has to come to an end at one point. I think it’s time for this community to move onto some other stuff. Habbo/Retros were fun while they lasted but they will never be the same anymore. No matter how much the community tries to keep it alive or keep it from dying, it’s time for it to end.
i mean, it will never completely fully die, there will always be retros/people who want to play around it will just be significantly less than now

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
I must be one of few who thinks it's an alright design, sizing looks to be the main issue but for all we know it could be scalable - sure we'll find out more information soon.

For what it's worth, I'm sure Habbo have a better idea of their target audience than people running retros - sure, I'm positive our playerbase is usually a much higher age as they move on from habbo and away from a lot of the things that keep Habbo going which is fansites, agencies and roleplay. I have no doubt those who still enjoy playing Habbo daily (which probably includes very few people here saying they don't like it) will continue to play with a new UI.

Users who are viewing this thread