Habbo closing soon?

her0

May 3, 2016
Yes, its another one of these threads.
As you may have heard, most modern browsers are no longer going to be compatible with flash and are transitioning to HTML5. With the recent shutdown of Club Penguin (uses flash), what do you think the outcomes are for Habbo? Do you think they are going to bother transitioning to HTML5 with its current userbase etc?

Club penguin shutdown source:
Flash discontinuing source : , and .
Habbo news article release on how to enable flash:

Last edited:

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Club Penguin has nothing to do with Sulake, so therefore that is only going to make Habbo grow (theoretically). Also, they will move to a html5 client if chrome decide not to include it on there site. Keep in mind, they aren't completely removing flash, they're just making it optional or user defined.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Hope it does. Then I won't get dragged onto shitty ass retros all together. #FuckFlash

her0

May 3, 2016
Club Penguin has nothing to do with Sulake, so therefore that is only going to make Habbo grow (theoretically). Also, they will move to a html5 client if chrome decide not to include it on there site. Keep in mind, they aren't completely removing flash, they're just making it optional or user defined.

Think you've misread what I said, I never mentioned Club Penguin being owned by Sulake. Club Penguin USES Flash and they've decided to not go through with the transition to HTML5 due to it not only being expensive but possibly a waste of time if their users are declining. Habbo is on the same track, users declining, in need of money, they might not transition to HTML5. But yes, theoretically it would make Habbo grow but bare in mind Club Penguin is aimed towards 6-11 year olds, couldn't imagine an 8 year old on Habbo but anything is possible at this rate.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Think you've misread what I said, I never mentioned Club Penguin being owned by Sulake. Club Penguin USES Flash and they've decided to not go through with the transition to HTML5 due to it not only being expensive but possibly a waste of time if their users are declining. Habbo is on the same track, users declining, in need of money, they might not transition to HTML5. But yes, theoretically it would make Habbo grow but bare in mind Club Penguin is aimed towards 6-11 year olds, couldn't imagine an 8 year old on Habbo but anything is possible at this rate.
I fully understand what you said, but you didn't understand what I meant. Sulake won't close down nor give up on Habbo. they're too stubborn for that.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
As previously stated, your sources only state that the user will have to accept using flash on a certain website. Either Sulake just rolls with it and let their users get that pop-up, or they remake it into HTML5 version of the game. Personally I would love to see Habbo in HTML5, so much more freedom in my opinion, but at the same time, it might not be worth it with their current user base.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Sulake have many versions of their hotels - just because their .com version isn't raking in tons of users like it used to doesn't mean they're going to close their whole corporation. They'll be making a shit ton of money from their 10+ versions they've got around the world. I don't think this is the end, yet.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
When they still used to show the online amount, the brazilian version had about 35k online at the same time

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Why wouldn't they remove flash completely? Managing 2 game clients in both flash and HTML5 is redundant.

Club Penguin recognized that not just flash games are dying, web games targeting their age groups are dying. That's probably why they've decided on mobile... everybody's on their phone nowadays. Maybe MySpace would still be here if they predicted it.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
Why wouldn't they remove flash completely? Managing 2 game clients in both flash and HTML5 is redundant.

Club Penguin recognized that not just flash games are dying, web games targeting their age groups are dying. That's probably why they've decided on mobile... everybody's on their phone nowadays. Maybe MySpace would still be here if they predicted it.
@Brad was talking about Chrome not actually removing the support for Flash, rather you have to activate the plugin for every website that runs flash except for the 10 biggest websites that use flash such as youtube, twitch, facebook etc.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
@Brad was talking about Chrome not actually removing the support for Flash, rather you have to activate the plugin for every website that runs flash except for the 10 biggest websites that use flash such as youtube, twitch, facebook etc.
Still the part about having 2 game clients...

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
Still the part about having 2 game clients...
He wasn't stating that Habbo would have two game clients. What he said was that if chrome would not add Habbo to the 10 webpages list who chrome still fully support flash on, they would probably move to HTML. And then he stated that Chrome wasn't fully removing flash support, rather making it user defined. I know that the way he wrote it made it confusing, but he surely didn't mean habbo would have two game clients.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
Habbo will close down when people realise Sulake is another company trying to become EA Sports by making all of their valued customers pay fucking too much money for crappy furniture that gets re-released and coins that are worth nothing on the game. Don't ever spend money on Habbo, its like me going onto fifa 17 and putting £7 on fifa points to open 3 packs.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
Habbo will close down when people realise Sulake is another company trying to become EA Sports by making all of their valued customers pay fucking too much money for crappy furniture that gets re-released and coins that are worth nothing on the game. Don't ever spend money on Habbo, its like me going onto fifa 17 and putting £7 on fifa points to open 3 packs.
I mean, sure they could still let you buy coins and such, but they give you waaaay to little for the amount paid.

Examed

Я весь высший лидер из вас всех
Aug 7, 2014
It's gonna close sadly.
All I can say is R.I.P Habbo, had fun memories, but it was just your time.

Users who are viewing this thread