Habbo Archive || All Retro Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Hey guys!

Introductions
Habbo Archive is going to be an online cloud for people to access hundreds of retro files at any given time. Not only will this service be provided for free but you will also have access to key features such as
  • Ability to search for packages
  • Ability to upload files to the cloud (Staff will review first)
  • Pin files for quick access
  • A nice clean UI, and interface to quickly go about your browsing habits on our site
Why?
I have found that the two current websites ( , ) are nice, but they seem to lack either an adequate interface, or an adequate amount of files for what its supposed to be.

Back-end information
The back-end of Retro Archive is entirely based on Imagine 1.1, a fellow CMS for the community. It uses PDO, Laravel Blade, and will encrypt user passwords, and files using BCRYPT so all data for our users is secure.

Want to get involved?
If you're wanting to assist Habbo Archive in providing our users files, be sure to reply on this thread or send me a private message. Administrators are able to create folders, upload files, and also help assist users through the management panel.

Why is this a development?
The back-end once finished, will also be released with the basic features for other users to experience the power behind Imagine, and also have their own storage area.
Screenshots
You must be registered for see images attach

AnalGoat11

Queen
Nov 25, 2015
This is a brilliant development to bring to the community, many users will be thankful for this. Will definitely love to contribute to the community that little bit more. Please read your private messages for more information from me.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
I like the metro-style layout, but I'm pretty sure they're better designs available inspired by metro.

Also, for a website like this, I wouldn't recommend using any heavy php functions/frameworks, like bcrypt, because I don't see why someone would want to exploit a website like this... it would just be slowing you down.

Point is, speed over everything else.

AnalGoat11

Queen
Nov 25, 2015
I like the metro-style layout, but I'm pretty sure they're better designs available inspired by metro.

Also, for a website like this, I wouldn't recommend using any heavy php functions/frameworks, like bcrypt, because I don't see why someone would want to exploit a website like this... it would just be slowing you down.

Yeah - in terms of things, I just have a queston @Leader. As we can see, this is a great looking website but does it require lots and lots of pages to be setup and also whats the average loading speed for the website? If your planning on making the biggest file sharing website possible in the habbo community I just want to make sure that it will load fast.
Speed is detrimental to a downloading website. Also @jadenthenoob does speed for the websites loading time affect the download speed?
No hate towards you @Leader, you have a great project going on here.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Yeah - in terms of things, I just have a queston @Leader. As we can see, this is a great looking website but does it require lots and lots of pages to be setup and also whats the average loading speed for the website? If your planning on making the biggest file sharing website possible in the habbo community I just want to make sure that it will load fast.
Speed is detrimental to a downloading website. Also @jadenthenoob does speed for the websites loading time affect the download speed?
No hate towards you @Leader, you have a great project going on here.
There are many factors involved, both client and server play a part in how fast the download will take.

If the server is rendering pages slowly, and handling web request more often, it may take a while for your download to even start.
It also depends on how his CMS renders pages, but yes, it does affect the overall download speed, everything does.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Pages are loading between 50-100ms. I got most things coded at the moment, just adding some nice javascript effects to make the website feel more sped up in a sense and adding some user features such as pins and what not. I'll change my hashing method to md5 perhaps, or just a quick random string for files - it's mainly to ensure files have an unique name.

Also: I chose Metro as it's fairly simple and quick, and also provides a nice UI for what it is. As you said speed over everything else, and Metro meets my needs. There will be plenty of updates provided to the core design over time, don't worry.

AnalGoat11

Queen
Nov 25, 2015
Pages are loading between 50-100ms. I got most things coded at the moment, just adding some nice javascript effects to make the website feel more sped up in a sense and adding some user features such as pins and what not. I'll change my hashing method to md5 perhaps, or just a quick random string for files - it's mainly to ensure files have an unique name.

Also: I chose Metro as it's fairly simple and quick, and also provides a nice UI for what it is. As you said speed over everything else, and Metro meets my needs. There will be plenty of updates provided to the core design over time, don't worry.

If its any consolation, for pins I'd suggest getting the pins from a RevCMS edit and incorporating them. Would save you a hell of alot of time?

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
If its any consolation, for pins I'd suggest getting the pins from a RevCMS edit and incorporating them. Would save you a hell of alot of time?
It wouldn't be compatible, and I'm confused on what you're talking about. Users can "pin" which is essentially favoring a file so it's on their quick access list for later on. :p

AnalGoat11

Queen
Nov 25, 2015
It wouldn't be compatible, and I'm confused on what you're talking about. Users can "pin" which is essentially favoring a file so it's on their quick access list for later on. :p
LOL... -awkward-....I thought you were talking about those pins which staff can use on RevCMS for the client.php haha so its only them getting into the client.
Ignore me i'm obviously a idiot

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Sorry for lack of updates, decided to re-code the whole project using AngularJS and Lumen. If anyone has any conflict of interests to this project due to the framework being used, feel free to unfollow the thread. As this is only my second time using AngularJS, development will be slower however it'll be better in the end, and I mean there's plenty of time considering
Nice work! If you need help? Skype Tomkisabato
Maybe with files :p
Not a fan of the design, i'm more into simple shit like sulake.cc
Like the idea of it tho
Sulake.cc is literally the directory explorer

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
Sorry for lack of updates, decided to re-code the whole project using AngularJS and Lumen. If anyone has any conflict of interests to this project due to the framework being used, feel free to unfollow the thread. As this is only my second time using AngularJS, development will be slower however it'll be better in the end, and I mean there's plenty of time considering

Maybe with files :p

Sulake.cc is literally the directory explorer

Boi you always re-coding your shit!

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013

Speed over anything else? That's a horrible lingo

But yeah, no. Security should always come first. I'm sure you can spare 1 extra second for bcrypt to validate a user at login only.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
How is this coming along? I'm planning on doing something similar but not making my own program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread