Habbo advising people to avoid retros due to a “well-known” retro that had their database leaked...

Jerry

not rly active lol
Jul 8, 2013

“Recently, a well-known retro site had a large number of passwords and emails leaked. These sites are never safe and should always be avoided. If you have used a retro in the past, please change your Habbo password as soon as possible.”

I’ve never heard of this retro before, but apparently it was “Dox Hotel” ( ), a foreign retro that had a number of emails and passwords leaked.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
"Well-known," but I've never heard of it, nor have I heard of any of the owners. Foreign or not, this trash hotel had that much dirt on Habbo that they tweeted about it, unreal.
amen.. never heard of that hotel in my life:lol:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
"had a large number of passwords and emails leaked" not that hotel only... this is a common issue between most hotels as their security is absolutely garbage.. md5 hashed passwords is just one of the small idiotic mistakes they've been doing for years..

Vik

Feb 2, 2019
In all my years spent on retros, I have never once heard of Dox Hotel.

Sulake are just a bunch of bitches, whom need to grow up and realise the community built habbo retros are much better than the 'Real thing'.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Dox has been around for sometime. They've always had a pretty decent website in terms of functionality, and how it's replicated .COM.

Makes me think it's possibly someone on the inside who had leaked it, rather than an exploit or something? Oh well, least they're giving us some form of recognition again. Woo.

Joopie

Sep 13, 2011
Can't tell for sure, but if it's the Dutch DoxHotel... Finally he fucked it up. It used to be THE retro here in The Netherlands (aside with a few others). The owner is crap, can't be trusted (as I found out the hard way), went to jail for being a pedo, threaten people... overall just a fucking creapy person you should avoid. Side node: if I remember correctly: .biz was the Brazilian or w.e. retro hotel of him.

Liam

trust nobody
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
I remember Dox from when Zap redirected after closing due to Sulake. Surprised it's still open.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
Can't tell for sure, but if it's the Dutch DoxHotel... Finally he fucked it up. It used to be THE retro here in The Netherlands (aside with a few others). The owner is crap, can't be trusted (as I found out the hard way), went to jail for being a pedo, threaten people... overall just a fucking creapy person you should avoid. Side node: if I remember correctly: .biz was the Brazilian or w.e. retro hotel of him.
DoxHotel.biz is the turkish version of Dox Hotel. It has always been an unsafe hotel to be in the NL version is normal but the people who manage the TR version (Turkish) go to other hotels tell the staff that if they work with them or if they make the hotel partners with them they will give them Manager / Owner so the Staff/Owner from the other hotel believe them and try to move everyone from that hotel to Dox Hotel and then after Dox has all the users they just kick all those staff members out the team. They are very unsafe people to be around. DoxHotel.biz is currently closed and there is no date given to when it will be open.

Dox has been around for sometime. They've always had a pretty decent website in terms of functionality, and how it's replicated .COM.

Makes me think it's possibly someone on the inside who had leaked it, rather than an exploit or something? Oh well, least they're giving us some form of recognition again. Woo.

There is NL and TR version of Dox Hotel they were somewhat together at one point and managed by the same Owners then TR became independent and was owned by the Managers of the Hotel if I remember correctly . Haven't seen DoxHotel.biz get updated for sometime so assuming they were looking for a Developer to help them and that Developer just leaked everything since they have a bad reputation and have a lot of people against them. However I'm not really sure. From my perspective I think this is what happened.

ItzShwanzy

Nov 20, 2019
Doxhotel (Dutch version) Used to be awesome until I got to know the owner Sjonny (If I recall it right) Mehmet the other owner was a good guy but sjonny was a pedo (he went to jail for many stuff like asking nudes from his members in trade for rare furniture and stuff)

Pegel

Nov 25, 2019
I have no clue why Habbo tweeted about this recently. Dox hotel (2009-2017) was the biggest Dutch hotel avg. 1500-2500 users and over a million database entries. It got shut down right before 2017.
It's database leaked multiple times caused by a temporary hotel manager called Thijmen, who got hired by Sjonny (the origional owner). He gave him permissions to his servers and from then on dox went downhill.

This hotel wasn't bad and had a very good emulator + was being updated all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread