Habbo 2020 client

Les

Dec 13, 2011
i heard habbo is developing a unity engine for the new client but what are retros going to use? HTML5? and who would be the ones developing it? and will it be publicly released ?

randomDude

Apr 20, 2020
When they go WebGL, their API would be hopefully made from scratch too, so it will be easier to replicate the server side (unless they apply some obfuscation).
About modding the client, i do not know any reverse projects for unity webgl / web assembly yet, i guess it will take some years before we see some mods.

I personally think this will be a major upgrade as they will go 3D and that gives them tons of new possibilities. Think of walking outside the hotel for example! Or almost not having loading screens (if properly done). It will also be a challenge, as WebGL/JS is, unlike Flash, monothread (i may be wrong here).

Last edited:

Moogly

May 6, 2012
It's probably coded in Unity, which will be compiled to WASM, which is a PITA to reverse but not impossible. Same thing as Hotel Hideaway, which I presume was their testing grounds.

xXMufaisaXx

Apr 8, 2018
Yeah its a waiting game. Me and a couple devs are working in unity as well. The plan we have is to go cross platform later in time.

Blackburn

Apr 6, 2019
When they go WebGL, their API would be hopefully made from scratch too, so it will be easier to replicate the server side (unless they apply some obfuscation).
About modding the client, i do not know any reverse projects for unity webgl / web assembly yet, i guess it will take some years before we see some mods.

I personally think this will be a major upgrade as they will go 3D and that gives them tons of new possibilities. Think of walking outside the hotel for example! Or almost not having loading screens (if properly done). It will also be a challenge, as WebGL/JS is, unlike Flash, monothread (i may be wrong here).

Habbo is being coded in Unity and will absolutely NOT become 3D. They have Hideaway for that. If you make it 3D it's just a new game, which people don't want (they would go to Hideaway if they wanted to).

randomDude

Apr 20, 2020
@Blackburn i don't think you understood me. In flash, habbo are just sprites. In Unity habbo can be a 3D isometric game. That won't make it a "new game" as it's just about the view/camera.
Take my game as example:
a2A16xh.png

tLmY726.png

IdGcs72.png

It's 3D with isometric view and focused for WebGL.
In Unity you can choose to go 2D (sprites) or 3D (3d models).

Last edited:

Permudious

Dec 28, 2014
It's terrible the 3D view, Habbo is an old scool game. Which was in 2001 a cool game (v1) :), R63 was good :-| and R63B was to futuristic :-(.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
@Blackburn i don't think you understood me. In flash, habbo are just sprites. In Unity habbo can be a 3D isometric game. That won't make it a "new game" as it's just about the view/camera.
Take my game as example:
a2A16xh.png

tLmY726.png

IdGcs72.png

It's 3D with isometric view and focused for WebGL.
In Unity you can choose to go 2D (sprites) or 3D (3d models).
that kinda looks like minecraft, lol

randomDude

Apr 20, 2020
It's terrible the 3D view, Habbo is an old scool game. Which was in 2001 a cool game (v1) :), R63 was good :-| and R63B was to futuristic :-(.
That's based on age/the very first version that one has played is what will usually consider is the best. I've checked R63 and that UI looks ugly to me, but again it's because i'm used to the older version that i played. It happens with everything, who started Age Of Empires saga with 1, says it's the best, those who started with 2, says that one is the best, etc.. We're humans, we hardly like changes no matter what we say.

that kinda looks like minecraft, lol
Well, i'm a programmer, not a 3d artist. But i like how it looks:
You must be registered for see images attach

2.png

Users who are viewing this thread