Service habbadge.com - Free Staff Badge Generator.

Moron

wes#5860
Mar 25, 2014
Free release here, amigos.

@Owen posted in this section a French Staff Badge Generator on Sep 7, 2018 and immediately @sumo jumped at the chance to recreate it. Being the lovely person he is, he released the source code for it, and I've popped it up on a domain, and hosted it.

I'll be maintaining it, and adding some more badge designs (feel free to send me some if you want them added!).

I'll be adding a Habbo Font Generator, and a Habbo Imager some time soon.

Credit:
45% Credit to Shirobi for original release
45% Credit to sumo for recreating
9% Credit to Owen for saying he'd host it first (was a little competition for me to see who could get it up first), and for finding Shirobi's release!
1% to me for buying a domain, I guess.

Edit: Turns out I forgot what I called the damned thing. habbadge.com not habbadges.com!
Edit 2: Currently the inputted text must be 5 letters long. Will work on this.

Phenom

Feb 24, 2019
This shit is so useful thanks :)
Post automatically merged:

I recommend that you allow it to have a 4 letter words I know a lot of retros that use 4 letters in their name thanks

Last edited:

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
You really bought a domain for this? This is something that could have been done on GitHub pages lol

But now let's review:
It's not close to centered, so that looks weird
The big comment block in the HTML looks bad, and makes no sense
The indentation is awful, for a single page why not have all the CSS in a file? Why have some in a .css and the rest in a style block?

Moron

wes#5860
Mar 25, 2014
You really bought a domain for this? This is something that could have been done on GitHub pages lol

A lot of things could be done on GitHub pages, but people buy domains for them.

But now let's review:
The indentation is awful, for a single page why not have all the CSS in a file? Why have some in a .css and the rest in a style block?
@sumo jumped at the chance to recreate it. Being the lovely person he is, he released the source code for it, and I've popped it up on a domain, and hosted it.

n4te

zzz
Oct 27, 2014
Free release here, amigos.

@Owen posted in this section a French Staff Badge Generator on Sep 7, 2018 and immediately @sumo jumped at the chance to recreate it. Being the lovely person he is, he released the source code for it, and I've popped it up on a domain, and hosted it.

I'll be maintaining it, and adding some more badge designs (feel free to send me some if you want them added!).

I'll be adding a Habbo Font Generator, and a Habbo Imager some time soon.

Credit:
45% Credit to Shirobi for original release
45% Credit to sumo for recreating
9% Credit to Owen for saying he'd host it first (was a little competition for me to see who could get it up first), and for finding Shirobi's release!
1% to me for buying a domain, I guess.

Edit: Turns out I forgot what I called the damned thing. habbadge.com not habbadges.com!
Edit 2: Currently the inputted text must be 5 letters long. Will work on this.
yay now we don't have to see anymore graphic request threads 4 badges !!

sumo

The end is nigh.
Jan 18, 2014

But now let's review:
I did design it like that, but in my defense, it was purely for release purposes. I wasn't about to spend time actually styling it when I was releasing the functionality of this generator, I couldn't have cared less how it looked. It's up to whoever decided to use it to restyle it.

I forgot why I put that code in a style block, but does that really matter... Like, I just don't get your point there. Criticism on the PHP or javaScript here is what would be useful. It's not like it's a template release or something. There's definitely some ways I could have coded it better functionality wise, some constructive criticism in that department would be greatly appreciated. Randomly bashing the styling when it's less than mission critical isn't all that helpful.

Also, if you're looking at the indentation from the View Source, it doesn't actually look like that in the text editor. I used php includes for some blocks of code that weren't really important to the functionality of the generator. Because once again, this was a release that was intended to be as user-friendly as possible. Didn't want them looking at random things when they didn't have to.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
people really need a generator for this? how lazy lmao.. takes literally 5 minutes to make a badge.. but good release i guess:)

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013

But now let's review:
I don't think Github Pages allows server side code to be ran, so not really, no.

Users who are viewing this thread