Flash Hab21 - a new frontier

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012

Hab21 - a new frontier
Hi all,

Been out of the scene a while but recently just came back mainly due to boredom, COVID and all. Anyways, opened a brand new hotel which is currently in open BETA (as of now) so pitching it here.

We've put many hours of work into it so far, (custom CMS written from scratch), tweaked the in-game experience, updated catalogue, clothes and so on. However, we are still in early BETA, so if you notice any issues or missing furni/clothing, please do let us know and we'll aim to get it added promptly.

Currently we're a team of 3. Two owners (both been around retros since ~2011 and owned a fair few hotels along the way), and a community manager. However, as we grow, we will be handpicking dedicated users to be part of our moderation team.

Why Hab21, you ask?

Updated
We have the latest furniture and clothing (let us know if you notice anything missing, and we'll be happy to get it added). We are a dedicated team, and will be constantly improving the hotel based on user feedback we receive (you can either give us feedback here, in-game, on our support centre, whatever suits you).

Secure
We highly regard user safety, it's one of our top priorities. That's why we've taken many precautions to protect our users.

We offer real authenticator-style Google 2 factor authentication, and reward users with in-game incentives for enabling it, to drive adoption. Futhermore, 2FA is a mandatory requirement for all staff members.

We also prevent users from registering with already compromised passwords (e.g. well known passwords "password"/"qwerty" cannot be used) by searching past data breaches (using the k-anonymity model), to prevent offline attacks against user passwords if our database were ever to be breached for whatever reason. Of course we follow all other basic security hygiene, Argon2i password hashing, prepared statements, context-aware escaping, use of CAPTCHAs, etc etc.

Unique
We strive to be different, and most importantly listen to our users. Some of our features which we believe make us unique are listed below.

Minimail - send friends minimail on the site (emoji support included ;))
User tags - create short personalised tags, these will eventually appear either in-game or on user profiles - haven't decided yet
Avatar customization (ported from one of my old CMS from ~2014/2015, so may not have all clothing, but it's a start)
Customs - we have a bunch of custom furniture incl. animal crossing, pokemon, custom rares, pride, etc. We also have custom badges. And have been experimenting with custom clothing.
Website customization - users can select their preferred style of site, from a range of Habbo occasions over the years.
Website localisation (this is already finished, we are looking for translators to help us translate our website to other languages. :))
Badge shop which we will be updating regularly with new badges (including special occasions or events)

And this is just the start, we have much more in the pipeline. Stay tuned for updates!

Image previews (click each to enlarge)
You must be registered for see images attach

Come check it out at , we'd love to see you online!​

Last edited:

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Personally not a fan of the site! But good luck :)
I personally don't like the current Habbo style (feel like it's a bit too much) so went with something a little bit more minimal, but if you have any ideas or preferences you'd like to see, we're all for allowing users to select their own theme (ofc same features)!

Last edited:

Stee

Oh hot damn. This is my jam.
Jun 28, 2011
I tried to register to come check it out but kept getting the error "Invalid input format. "
I'm not sure if it's to do with the fact i'm not using my real e-mail to register or I'm just being stupid.
From the screenshots it looks to be quite tidy and organised. Something to appreciate.

I personally think the site is a bit plain but there is always room for improvement. I've never seen this style being used so I am assuming you done it yourself.

Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best for your project. :)

Update: Got onto the hotel. It's actually very clean. Good content. The site is fast and responsive and has some nice features.
Even though the site might seem a bit plain you can tell there has been some decent work and effort put into it.

Last edited:

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
I tried to register to come check it out but kept getting the error "Invalid input format. "
I'm not sure if it's to do with the fact i'm not using my real e-mail to register or I'm just being stupid.
From the screenshots it looks to be quite tidy and organised. Something to appreciate.

I personally think the site is a bit plain but there is always room for improvement. I've never seen this style being used so I am assuming you done it yourself.

Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best for your project. :)
So I should probably change this, but you're required to click "continue" as opposed to enter key to go onto the next stage of registration (where you enter your password). Let me know if that fixes your issue, if it does, i'll catch the enter event and change it's action.

Real e-mail should work fine. Don't think it's you at all :), probably the above reason.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017

Hab21 - a new frontier
Hi all,

Been out of the scene a while but recently just came back mainly due to boredom, COVID and all. Anyways, opened a brand new hotel which is currently in open BETA (as of now) so pitching it here.

We've put many hours of work into it so far, (custom CMS written from scratch), tweaked the in-game experience, updated catalogue, clothes and so on. However, we are still in early BETA, so if you notice any issues or missing furni/clothing, please do let us know and we'll aim to get it added promptly.

Currently we're a team of 3. Two owners (both been around retros since ~2011 and owned a fair few hotels along the way), and a community manager. However, as we grow, we will be handpicking dedicated users to be part of our moderation team.

Why Hab21, you ask?

Updated
We have the latest furniture and clothing (let us know if you notice anything missing, and we'll be happy to get it added). We are a dedicated team, and will be constantly improving the hotel based on user feedback we receive (you can either give us feedback here, in-game, on our support centre, whatever suits you).

Secure
We highly regard user safety, it's one of our top priorities. That's why we've taken many precautions to protect our users.

We offer real authenticator-style Google 2 factor authentication, and reward users with in-game incentives for enabling it, to drive adoption. Futhermore, 2FA is a mandatory requirement for all staff members.

We also prevent users from registering with already compromised passwords (e.g. well known passwords "password"/"qwerty" cannot be used) by searching past data breaches (using the k-anonymity model), to prevent offline attacks against user passwords if our database were ever to be breached for whatever reason. Of course we follow all other basic security hygiene, Argon2i password hashing, prepared statements, context-aware escaping, use of CAPTCHAs, etc etc.

Unique
We strive to be different, and most importantly listen to our users. Some of our features which we believe make us unique are listed below.

Minimail - send friends minimail on the site (emoji support included ;))
User tags - create short personalised tags, these will eventually appear either in-game or on user profiles - haven't decided yet
Avatar customization (ported from one of my old CMS from ~2014/2015, so may not have all clothing, but it's a start)
Customs - we have a bunch of custom furniture incl. animal crossing, pokemon, custom rares, pride, etc. We also have custom badges. And have been experimenting with custom clothing.
Website customization - users can select their preferred style of site, from a range of Habbo occasions over the years.
Website localisation (this is already finished, we are looking for translators to help us translate our website to other languages. :))
Badge shop which we will be updating regularly with new badges (including special occasions or events)

And this is just the start, we have much more in the pipeline. Stay tuned for updates!

Image previews (click each to enlarge)