[Guide] Simple Client Voting - Find Retros - RevCMS [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Hello everyone,
I was searching for a simple guide for this and couldn't find one, so I decided to make one. This is pretty simple, all you need to use is your brain. So let's just get right into it.

Please note, the steps are step-by-step, it's for noobies!

Requirements:
  • FindRetros Account
  • Notepad++ or Notepad (Something like that)
  • A basic knowledge on how to edit php/html
Step #1:
Open up Notepad++ (Or your text editor) and open me.php in your skins folder.

Step #2:
Press CTRL + F and type in "Enter {hotelname}

Step #3:
You'll find something along the lines of the following image.
You must be registered for see images attach

Step #4:
You'll then see a code along the lines of (Remember this, you'll need it for later)
Code:
 <a href="{url}/vote"

Step #5:
Next, navigate to your FindRetros account go to Manage Pages > Edit the Ad > Voting > and change the 'Return URL' to something like this, replace domain.com with your domain/ip
You must be registered for see images attach

Step #6:
Go back to your VPS/Localhost and create a file in your skin called 'vote.php' or whatever you want and place the following code in it.
Code:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=https://findretros.com/rankings/vote/YOURUSERNAME">

Step #7:
Go back to your me.php in your text editor, and change the {url}/vote to whatever you named your file, or if it's the same, just leave it.

Step #8:
You're done, next save all files and go back to the /me page in your browser, you should be prompted to vote and when you hover over 'Enter {hotelname}' there should be a link in the bottom left corner of your browser saying domain.com/vote (If you named the file vote). If you get redirected straight to your client, you already voted for that day.

Don't worry, no one can access your client as their not logged in.

If you enjoyed this tutorial and want to see more, please slap that like button and message me what you'd like to see next.

Regards,

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Instead of sending people to /vote why not just send them directly to ' ' it would do the same thing. Also, people can avoid this by going straight to /client from me.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Instead of sending people to /vote why not just send them directly to ' ' it would do the same thing. Also, people can avoid this by going straight to /client from me.
Yeah, that'd work too, but /vote is just a redirect to that page. Like I said, this is just a simple one. I personally don't use this method.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
don't have find 'enter {hotelname} in my me.php so well done!
{hotelName} is a variable for your hotel name, where it says "Enter Habbo" or whatever, that's where you'd put the code, this tutorial is 3 years old anyway so it's kind of out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread