[GUIDE] Set up your own Bukkit Server [Mac]

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
This section is kind of dead and I thought I'd contribute especially since I've not seen any tutorials for how to setup a bukkit server for Macintosh.

There are some things you'll need before hand:
  • Auto Bukkit Server - Click (the password is "lepos" without quotation marks).
    This is the program used to setup your craft bukkit server, automatically and it gives the most up-to-date version.​
  • Java - Click !
    This is what is used to actually run minecraft itself so you should download this as it's necessary.​
Using the provided java link download and install and then proceed to Step 1 of this tutorial, the jar is so that you can run .jar files and add or even edit plugins for your server.

Step 1: Download the Auto Bukkit Server provided above.
Step 2: Create a folder in which you'd like to keep your server files and place the Auto Bukkit Server inside this folder.
gjDj8bm.png

Step 3: Run your Auto Bukkit Server and click Start.
After clicking start it will ask you for the folder you want to put your server files in, choose the one we created earlier.​
PMXQsL7.png

Step 4: The program will ask you series of questions regarding where you'd like to put all your files and what options you'd like, the most important questions:
  • How much ram the server should run on?
  • Which build of CraftBukkit you'd like to use? (Dev, Beta or Recommended - It's all up-to-date)
From then the server will download the files and place them in your folder:
c9kBaP5.png

Step 5: It will ask you if you want to setup the serve properties file manually or automatically. I recommend automatically as you can later change it.

Step 6: The questions beyond this point are for you to choose yourself.

Step 7: The server will begin to run in terminal.
YmBEZAn.png

You'll know it's complete when it says:
Code:
[INFO] Done (44.534s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

Your folder should contain at least all of these files (if you chose a different name for the world folders they will say the name you picked):
KnmSXOr.png

Important tips:
When shutting down the server do not just close terminal, first enter the command 'shutdown' then close terminal and if you'd like to run the server again run the file called "start_server.command".

Your server is now fully built and you can edit the server properties by editing the file "server.properties".

The default port of your server is always 25565, this means when you enter the server you use your main ip or 127.0.0.1 if you change your port you'll need to enter the server with the format ip:port.

You need to portforward your ports and this I can not help you with as each router works differently, google is the place to help you - The only way you can let other people on your server is by portforwarding or using hamachi (not recommended).

Hope this tutorial helped! Good-luck :)

Credits:
  • hawkfalcon (Auto Bukkit Server).
  • Myself for tutorial.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Love this tutorial, Lepos. Really good explained, and very usefull as I haven't seen any threads about how to set it up on Apple products before. I assume this also works on Macbook Pro's etc? If so, you probably want to say its compitable for iOS.

However I don't get why you putted a password on the first download...

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Love this tutorial, Lepos. Really good explained, and very usefull as I haven't seen any threads about how to set it up on Apple products before. I assume this also works on Macbook Pro's etc? If so, you probably want to say its compitable for iOS.

However I don't get why you putted a password on the first download...
My mediafire account for some reason won't finalize uploads without passwords and yes compatible with Macbook Pro's, all the images are from my own mbp.

Users who are viewing this thread