[GUIDE] Client Server connection errors and fixes

anubhav

Nov 22, 2011
I decided to make this thread to help out newbies and anyone who may be facing the problems i am addressing in this thread. Im going to cover some of the most common but deceptive problems that you will/ may face while making Habbo private servers.

Client - Server communication fails and fixes.
We will go through the easiest to hardest fixes by order of symptoms you will see ( Don't we sound professional already? )

SYMPTOMS:
  • The Client loads and the emulator is running but no connection is seen on the emulator: This is one of the most common and easiest problems to fix if not caused by a code error in the emulator. Here are the things which could be going wrong.

1.) This is the most common reason for this error your ip and port in the server config does not match the one in the emu config2.)Your firewall ports are not open, or you are not port forwarded. Way to verify? Change all the ip's to localhost and then try, if the client loads and the handshake(connection) is successfully undertaken then either you haven't allowed TCP access to the emulator port or have not successfully port forwarded if in a computer.
To Learn to portforward go to port_forwardin and choose the guide for the router you have.

To Open firewall ports: Go to your firewall settings and add a inbound rule TCP you might want to cover the following ports 80,3306,EMU_PORT.

Other causes: Lets move into some of the uncommon causes of this problem.

1.) If you just bought a proxy or are changing the ip to a domain, then either the domain's DNS settings didn't change yet or you configured them incorrectly. Same with your reverse proxy.

2.) An emulator which isn't accepting connections because of it's code - In this case if you do have the source you want to check around and see if the connections are disabled if you know what your doing. This is rare and won't be seen in publicly released emulators maybe some developer disabled specific connections for development you never know. If you really are stuck with this error then email me(address will be under the thread) do not pm for this as it will likely be ignored.

3.) Wrong SWF version: You can't expect a R63A emulator to run on R63B swfs can you? make sure to ensure you are running the right swfs version which is compatible with the emulator.

• Client loads halfway and is then stuck:This is most commonly and almost every time caused due to a faulty swfs setup.

A tip to verify- Copy all the url's that you have entered in the config.php for the swfs such as urls to the furnidata.txt , external_variables.txt etc.
This is most commonly caused due to a wrong url in the external_variables so just ensure that they are correct clear cache and the problem should be solved.

• Invalid Session ticket error.
This error happens when the emulator is looking for one type of session ticket and the cms gives another, one example would be using rev with a version of butterfly or etc. Sometimes it just happens for almost no identifiable reason at all and if it is occurring due to this log out and log in and it will fix otherwise its because of what i stated earlier .
To fix get a cms which creates a Session ticket compatible with your emulator(Easy & Recomonded for newbies). Or find a way around it playing with the emulator (Advanced)

• Black Screen: Client doesn't load at all.
The most common cause of this, is because the habbo.swf is missing, to check find the name given to the Habbo.Swf (if changed at all) in your cms config. Ensure that the habbo.swf is named that on your swfs base folder(that is swf folder).

IMPORTANT THIS REASON EVEN DECEIVES VETERANS:Some times everything will be right and even then there would be a black screen, sounds interesting? Well this is something not everyone knows and then rages and quits. Because the error hides a place we don't suspect the client.php itself.

Sometimes something, some JS or maybe someone did something stupid with the HTML in the client.php causes this error.

EASY FIX, go to another theme see if the client works there if it does drag the client folder and the client.php folder.

Now these are all the errors i can think of as i remember more and you people send me your queries for help i'll keep adding them to the list.Now i spent around 5 or maybe 6 years piratically learning this stuff around, but i imparted this to you within 7-8 mins through a thread so return the favor in a small way rep+ and like if it was useful.
Ill surely keep adding to this list.

In the past with my emu releases several people have Pmed for help and unfortunately don't or am not able to get back to them all. If anything such happens with you and i don't reply to your pm in 5 days then try emailing me here

Thanks,
Hope you find this Helpful...
Anubhav :)

Users who are viewing this thread