Good (offshore) VPS hosting companies

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
Hello fellow users of DevBest, I've recently had problems with my vps and have so decided to move on and try to get a new vps from a different company. I would like to have my vps offshore but it's not a requirment though.

I'm looking for a company other people have had good experience with and server specs doesn't really matter.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I felt this is the right spot. Any reply is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'm looking for windows, not linux.

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
It really depends where you want to use it for, I guess. Anyways, take a look at HostKey.

Thanks for the reply loyal-wess. I have to say that I was aware of HostKey but I don't have any friends who have tried it out in the past. But I do believe it's reliable?

Linux or Windows?
Forgot to add that in the first post.. Windows.

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
i would definitely say that i STRONGLY recommend a big company like hostgator because they have less of a chance closing down if anything and less of a chance stealing/revealing personal information. But as far as customer service i would say find a vps you like with good prices and try to find reviews. Also thats another plus for big hosting companies. There may be more legit reviews than small hosters.

once again dont quote me, just my opinon from experience with vps companies

Edit: i was using hostgator as an example didnt mean to say i reccommend them

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
i would definitely say that i STRONGLY recommend a big company like hostgator because they have less of a chance closing down if anything and less of a chance stealing/revealing personal information. But as far as customer service i would say find a vps you like with good prices and try to find reviews. Also thats another plus for big hosting companies. There may be more legit reviews than small hosters.

once again dont quote me, just my opinon from experience with vps companies

HostGator is a rip off on VPS... believe me.

ChicagoVPS is where I currently have my Linux VPS. Don't know what their prices are on Windows.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Is this reliable? Do you have any experience with vps.net?

How about the support? Is that decent?

I don't really know, since most of the time I know what I'm doing. If you open a ticket during business hours (8 - 5 CST), you will get a fast response. I have two tickets, one asking about extra space costs and the other about a nonresponding IP address. Both were sent well after business hours, but were answered the next day.

HostGator has great support (24/7), but they are only good for basic shared hosting.

EngeldesTodes

Deutsch Techno-Freak WIR SIND EIN
Feb 21, 2011
I don't really know, since most of the time I know what I'm doing. If you open a ticket during business hours (8 - 5 CST), you will get a fast response. I have two tickets, one asking about extra space costs and the other about a nonresponding IP address. Both were sent well after business hours, but were answered the next day.

HostGator has great support (24/7), but they are only good for basic shared hosting.
hostgator is a rip off on vps and there hosting granted there support good but there 2 expensive and just a complete rip off u can try this one i use them a lot

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
hostgator is a rip off on vps and there hosting granted there support good but there 2 expensive and just a complete rip off u can try this one i use them a lot

I already said they are a rip off on VPS. Their shared boxes are much better than the clustered servers I have seen elsewhere.

Benjames

Jan 2, 2013
vps6.net - 24/7 Technical Support. Pretty Cheap. Reliable. Used them for 3 months. No problems except they offered to upgrade my diskspace without alerting me of a hidden cost. (My fault really, I should have known it wouldn't be free)

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
vps6.net - 24/7 Technical Support. Pretty Cheap. Reliable. Used them for 3 months. No problems except they offered to upgrade my diskspace without alerting me of a hidden cost. (My fault really, I should have known it wouldn't be free)

Thanks for letting me know 'bout 'em.

WarElephant

Jun 2, 2013
I can't get on that website.
656e975f75c120173393f2d46c8758cc.png

Users who are viewing this thread