Gaming reviews/Walkthroughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Me again!

I was thinking a couple of hours ago about Devbest promoting "gaming" along with inviting some gaming members on to the forums by constructing a more suitable section for gaming. My ideas are maybe splitting the games section up into parts E.G

PS3 Section
Walkthroughs
Reviews
Discussion
Support

Xbox
Walkthroughs
Reviews
Discussion
Support

Etc.. .

Some nice members could add some reviews/walkthroughs for us on some games they have played and it'll introduce some interesting discussions to take part in.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I have thought about this in the past, another could possibly include Mobile gaming for us iOS gamers & the unfortunate Android gamers
Pc gaming - includes PC/MAC, Steam, Social Gaming (facebook etc...)

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
"unfortunate" Hmm.

But anyways, this is a good idea; it'll certainly attract users to DevBest.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Aswell as this, Steam is becoming more and more popular. If we're going to create more sections like this for Xbox and PS3, should atleast include the Steam community.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
I have thought about this in the past, another could possibly include Mobile gaming for us iOS gamers & the unfortunate Android gamers
Pc gaming - includes PC/MAC, Steam, Social Gaming (facebook etc...)

There are a lot of gamers who search the web looking for forums to take part in, getting useful reviews on future games along with getting guidance from walkthroughs. Not to mention interesting discussions on current games. Gaming is pretty mature and well preceded.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Aswell as this, Steam is becoming more and more popular. If we're going to create more sections like this for Xbox and PS3, should atleast include the Steam community.
Especially if the Steam console plans go ahead, i think it would be a big hit for 'cross-platform' gaming (pc - console)

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Especially if the Steam console plans go ahead, i think it would be a big hit for 'cross-platform' gaming (pc - console)
When/if the console plans go ahead, we could branch out into the wider community which would result in a bigger and better community for Devbest. But yeah, it'll make the Steam addicts happy! :)

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
When/if the console plans go ahead, we could branch out into the wider community which would result in a bigger and better community for Devbest. But yeah, it'll make the Steam addicts happy! :)

Can you keep on topic?

The topic is around "Gaming" not promoting steam to an actual section. I mean sections in general for the actual PS3/Xbox/PC etc. If this happened yes Steam would be relevant.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
This seems like a idea, had something same to in my mind, however: xbox, PS3 gaming etc. are mostly the same. For example walktroughs, the story line and stuff like that is everywhere the same.

However yes, it would be nice to have a discussion topic, a review topic (however those 2 are almost the same), something like Tips & Tricks (could be a sub-forum of Walktroughs), a place where people can ask questions (like you said, support).

But like I said - keep it general, don't make different sections like "PC", "xbox" & "PS3" because most of the time, for example, a PS3 gamer can help a xbox gamer to.

I support this idea - however it needs to be changed a bit.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
This seems like a idea, had something same to in my mind, however: xbox, PS3 gaming etc. are mostly the same. For example walktroughs, the story line and stuff like that is everywhere the same.

However yes, it would be nice to have a discussion topic, a review topic (however those 2 are almost the same), something like Tips & Tricks (could be a sub-forum of Walktroughs), a place where people can ask questions (like you said, support).

But like I said - keep it general, don't make different sections like "PC", "xbox" & "PS3" because most of the time, for example, a PS3 gamer can help a xbox gamer to.

I understand that, it would just be nice to have an advanced gaming section for members to have.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010

So maybe then have sections like Ki suggested -
Walkthroughs
Reviews
Discussion
Support
And have prefixes for Xbox/PS/PC/iOS/Android?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
It would be cool to expand and promote our YouTube channels to each other and our gameplay. - I was going to suggest something similar too a while back. :p - If this happened, I'd probably be in the XBOX section a lot, and we could use the sections to promote updates (for discussions) etc, as more developers and gamers join the forum.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Also in the positive side is a major gamer, we all know he would like to have a more mature gaming user base on the forums.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I vouch for this, I'm sure our user base would grow and it'd be nice to have a busier gaming section.

Glad someone suggested this.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
So maybe then have sections like Ki suggested -
Walkthroughs With sub-forum "Tips & Tricks"
Reviews
Discussion
Support
And have prefixes for Xbox/PS/PC/iOS/Android?
Yes, this is exactly what I am suggesting. And yes, then add such prefixes.

I understand that, it would just be nice to have an advanced gaming section for members to have.
I know what you are saying, but if you are going to make a section for all gaming consoles, it sounds advanced, but it isn't. Because you will get a split between PS3/xbox/PC gamers etc. Its better to post it all in one topic, and even then its still advanced. Because if you play for example COD - the game play isn't different in any way, so why should there be a topic about it in all sections?

It would be cool to expand and promote our YouTube channels to each other and our gameplay. - I was going to suggest something similar too a while back. :p - If this happened, I'd probably be in the XBOX section a lot, and we could use the sections to promote updates (for discussions) etc, as more developers and gamers join the forum.
A advertisement section is a very good idea, let people promote their gaming channels and let the people from DevBest review it.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I think expanding the gaming section would be a great idea, it'd get more users and a bigger gaming community. Although as some people here & in the s/b said, they wanted it to be a gaming forum. Completely changing to a gaming forum I think would lose most of our current users.

So just expand the gaming section, move it up he forum nodes list & leave the rest as it is <3_<3 Perfect.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Gaming
- General
- Discussions
-- Reviews
- Walktroughs
-- Tips & Tricks
-- Cheats (?)

- Promote
-- Promote your channel
-- Promote your server
-- Promote your clan

- Help & Support

If for example Minecraft is getting very popular, you will get something like there currently is:
Minecraft
- Showcase
- Servers
- Etc...

You can do the same for COD: Zombies
- Zombie lobby's
- MODed lobby's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread