GameMap bug (Plus Emulator)

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
The issue is that the path the user takes never gets updated with it's surroundings once it's been set. So for instance, if there is no furni blocking you, once you start walking the pathfinder has already mapped your route with there being no obstruction. But then if you block the route, the route doesn't update and it still thinks it's a valid path and just carries on.

2 ways to fix this.
1). Remap the route after every step.
2). Check the next tile before walking for an obstruction and update the path accordingly.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
The issue is that the path the user takes never gets updated with it's surroundings once it's been set. So for instance, if there is no furni blocking you, once you start walking the pathfinder has already mapped your route with there being no obstruction. But then if you block the route, the route doesn't update and it still thinks it's a valid path and just carries on.

2 ways to fix this.
1). Remap the route after every step.
2). Check the next tile before walking for an obstruction and update the path accordingly.
Please go with option 2 ... Do not remap the route after every step

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Perhaps update the pathfinding altogether in your emulator, the AStar algorithm it uses has changed somewhat, and probably was never implemented properly as it was ripped from Butterfly.

habbotep

Apr 13, 2017
Hello Sledmore, I need help with this bug un Plus EMU R2(*****).
I have this bug too:
How can i solve the pathfinder/GameMap Bug?
Thanks you and sorry for my bad English.

Sonay

Sonay#0001
Mar 24, 2016
Hello Sledmore, I need help with this bug un Plus EMU R2(*****).
I have this bug too:
How can i solve the pathfinder/GameMap Bug?
Thanks you and sorry for my bad English.
Read Sledmore's post again or use google translator if you're english is too bad to read this post.

Users who are viewing this thread