Freedom Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Hey,

I taken some inspiration from @Sentinel and decided to push for a website version of what he is working on. (Meaning the list doesn't need manual-editing for magnet ID's). An user system will also be introduced, and many other things as this development progresses.

PS: I am a horrible designer, so I am kind of using Plex's theme. Oops.

zS5DryT.jpg
0fao1sm.png

Updates
  • User system in progress
  • Search suggestions may be added
  • Torrent streaming is being handled by [Torrent -> Server -> Client] versus [ Client -> Torrent] to fix compatibility issues with seeders

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Let's see some code instead of two screenshots which may as well have been from Plex. Why is it finding movies that aren't even released yet?

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Let's see some code instead of two screenshots which may as well have been from Plex. Why is it finding movies that aren't even released yet?
I personally have the mp4 to Captain America sitting right on my Plex, since forever. Confusion on what you're talking about.

Github :

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Avengers: Infinity War
Oh, that's just the movie database being a cunt. I'll see if there's anywhere in the API options to hide movies not out yet :p

(Either way it wouldn't work regardless, going to have a torrent thing to check if it's good or not so it would politely tell the user, "Aye mate, not today.")

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
So all this code was written from scratch by you?
Obviously the third party modules are not written by me (express, thepiratebay, tmdb-v3, webtorrent) nor the design :p

The system itself is from xHabbo's wrapper before I began expanding it. All I needed to do was add the controllers xD

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Wouldn't webtorrent be a significant portion of this?
No lol. All it does is play the magnet link I give it.

A "significant" portion of both Sentinel's application and mine would be TMDB.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
No lol. All it does is play the magnet link I give it.

A "significant" portion of both Sentinel's application and mine would be TMDB.
That would just be metadata stuff. General querying from TMDb. Surely the streaming of the magnet link would be the core of this application.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
That would just be metadata stuff. General querying from TMDb. Surely the streaming of the magnet link would be the core of this application.
Code-wise it's only a portion, experience wise (a website built for "streaming", hopefully "streaming" is the core).

User features will be added as soon as the torrenting is 100%, things such as custom libraries, saving where you're at on a movie, and so forth

Updates
  • Movies will be added to the database index (movies table) to speed things up and cut the API calls down some.
  • User features have been added
    • Libraries
    • Watchlist
  • Work is being done to where torrents will be streamed by the server itself, meaning this will be ran as a cluster to help distribute load.

zKnNM57.jpg

8Gu4Z7t.jpg

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
The idea is cool, but for some reason i see you coding all the user stuff (or stuff you've done before) and when it comes to the core code you're gonna be like "uhhh..."
*development goes dead for months untill bumped or closed*

Prove me wrong lad

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread