PC Fortnite help

Laxen

Hey! a while back in 2018 i was banned in fortnite for having cheat engine installed on my pc and accidentally had it on autostart with windows... my fault obviously.
Now i have ordered a new computer and i just want to know, can i buy a new windows with the same microsoft account for this pc or will i be banned from fortnite again if i use the same windows account?
even if it's the same windows account but with a different copy of windows?

JMG

Modernity has failed us
Staff member
Hey! a while back in 2018 i was banned in fortnite for having cheat engine installed on my pc and accidentally had it on autostart with windows... my fault obviously.
Now i have ordered a new computer and i just want to know, can i buy a new windows with the same microsoft account for this pc or will i be banned from fortnite again if i use the same windows account?
even if it's the same windows account but with a different copy of windows?
I think buying a new PC would work surely, depending how they ban users. Not sure if it's account, IP or machine banned.

Laxen

I think buying a new PC would work surely, depending how they ban users. Not sure if it's account, IP or machine banned.
i did buy a new pc but i bought it without windows (oh and it's not an ip ban, just a machine ban), so i just wanted to know if i can still use the same microsoft account for the new windows copy or if the machine ban is connected to that microsoft account

JMG

Modernity has failed us
Staff member
i did buy a new pc but i bought it without windows (oh and it's not an ip ban, just a machine ban), so i just wanted to know if i can still use the same microsoft account for the new windows copy or if the machine ban is connected to that microsoft account
Not sure how a machine ban is defined on a PC. Surely it’s not the Microsoft account and more the PC/Windows itself?

Laxen

Not sure how a machine ban is defined on a PC. Surely it’s not the Microsoft account and more the PC/Windows itself?
so i should be able to use the same windows/Microsoft account as long as it's a different copy of windows?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)