Flash Browser for Habbo (Habflash)

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
Hello everyone,

I was creating a desktop client for my hotel so users can access it when flash gets discontinued and it occurred to me that it might be more beneficial to make a solution that would work across all hotels to save users from having to install a desktop client for every hotel they visit. I want to try and make it as easy as possible for users to keep the scene alive (somewhat).

So I've made a very basic tabbed browser with an address bar for use across many hotels. I plan to release it when it's more refined. I know this has already been done so if a better solution comes out in the meantime I will cancel this. It is not my intention to have several flash browsers competing against each other, quite the opposite in fact.

If you've got any feature ideas they would also be useful because I'm about as imaginative as a carrot.

Some screenshots xo (from my Mac, but this will work on Windows too).

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Siract

Classic Habbo
Sep 4, 2011
Call it Hotelli - Finnish for Hotel!

Other than that, great work - keep going, you may be the saviour we need.

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
Many thanks guys!

It's all more or less ready; all the core features work I've just got to polish a few things off. I've got some users testing it out for me at the moment.

I'm going to be somewhat busy over the next few weeks but I should have this ready well in advance of flash support ending.

To do:
  • Add options to clear cache and cookies.
  • New tab page (links to find retros or your selected 'favourite' hotel.
  • UI tweaking.
  • Anything else I think of.
  • Write documentation.

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
This is still moving forward, considering a rethink on the source code but since its an Electron App it wouldn't be that hard to get hold of it anyway.

I'm going with Habflash as a name, idk, I'm not very good with the whole graphics thing so if anyone can help with this it would be amazing!

Thinking of making a little website or something on DevBest so people can find out more about the browser, leave their reviews, download copies etc. The biggest obstacle going forward will be to convince people that this is a safe download given the community's catalogue of reputational issues.

I attach a screenshot of the new tab page, it's not much but its moving forward slowly. I've been busy recently but I have some more time now to finish this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 14.39.59.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 14.39.59.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 179

yilmazev

Jul 2, 2019
very good
This is still moving forward, considering a rethink on the source code but since its an Electron App it wouldn't be that hard to get hold of it anyway.

I'm going with Habflash as a name, idk, I'm not very good with the whole graphics thing so if anyone can help with this it would be amazing!

Thinking of making a little website or something on DevBest so people can find out more about the browser, leave their reviews, download copies etc. The biggest obstacle going forward will be to convince people that this is a safe download given the community's catalogue of reputational issues.

I attach a screenshot of the new tab page, it's not much but its moving forward slowly. I've been busy recently but I have some more time now to finish this.

Eclecticlad

Sep 14, 2020
@Maatt - Is this still being worked on? If you would consider making this open source I think development would be a lot more rapid in time for the December 2020 deadline.

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
Hello this is still being worked on but I’ve been crazy busy with my day job so development has been slow. May have to go open source on this

Users who are viewing this thread